You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 229>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:32am
I'd be of the opinion that any good manager could take that squad and be told that you can't sell or buy anyone and turn them back into a very competitive side. Their defence is the weakness, but I think they were just badly coached by Wenger and had grown immune to whatever instructions or not he was giving them
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Another fraud. He didn't even win the league with psg last year. 

LOL

Stick to the LOI section Tom! 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:37pm
Think Emery is a very good manager myself, but it does seem to get discounted that his PSG side were beaten to the title last season in France. You actually have a load of pundits saying, he's a quality manager yet his time at PSG doesn't really count as it's a 1 team league. Heard Pat Nevin say exactly this on radio the other day, even though 12 months ago PSG finished 2nd. Given time I think he'll do a good job there. They have some quality attacking players, but it shouldn't be forgotten how abysmal they are defensively. CM is a huge issue in that sense as well.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:38pm
be interesting to see if he can bring any of the PSG lads with him. 

Veratti is someone they could do with but would imagine there’s not a hope in hell it would happen. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:42pm
I presume it would be a record signing to get Veratti. Would love to see it but can't see it. Actually think the likes of Nzonzi from Sevilla would be a massive improvement on Xhaka in the middle, especially defensively. 3/4 really tough defensive minded players and you never know what could happen there.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I presume it would be a record signing to get Veratti. Would love to see it but can't see it. Actually think the likes of Nzonzi from Sevilla would be a massive improvement on Xhaka in the middle, especially defensively. 3/4 really tough defensive minded players and you never know what could happen there.

good shout there. could pick him up for a decent price too. him and a reliable CB would be a good summer for them.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

good shout there. could pick him up for a decent price too. him and a reliable CB would be a good summer for them.

No sure I would agree - unless the goal is to solidify 6th place for next year. I am nowhere near a fan of Xhaka - and Nzonzi would be an improvement there no doubt - but is he really someone you expect to improve the team significantly? I wouldn't be convinced.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:18pm
They should be looking at bringing in the likes of Nainggolan not N'Zonzi
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:11pm
Think he's a decent appointment.

Btw what am I missing with the "hard as nails " jokes?

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 May 2018 at 5:11pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Have a search for ' emery boards' and don't feel a dick!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Have a search for ' emery boards' and don't feel a dick!

Well you learn something new everyday
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:17pm
You can file that away.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:11am
Good appointment.

8 years too late is better than never at all.

No money to buy players is a major issue, given that there are at least 10 (IMO) of the current Arsenal squad who are neither fit to wear the shirt NOR fit to play top flight football given the dross we've seen bought in recent seasons by Chairman Wenger.

I'd be concerned that Emery won't be able to work miracles with the utterly sh*te defence Arsenal currently have, unless he does something revolutionary - like going onto the training ground and explaining the basics of defending to them - something which never happened in Wengers time.

I'd give Emery 3 seasons to see how things pan out. That should give him time to offload the freeloaders, bring in his style of play and hopefully bring in some out of contract players to shore up the gaping holes at the back. 

Arsenal fans can forget about big signings for as long as the same board remains.

I'm not expecting miracles, but I'm hopeful that with a new manager, some of the chancers may have to put in an honest days work on the training ground AND on the pitch. That in itself would be refreshing.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:56am
can't understand how's there's f**k all money there to spend though...owners milking the club?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:59am
Most expensive tickets in the league, don't pay the highest wages in the league, consistently in the top 6 and European competitions and they have no money to spend on new players, something doesn't add up here.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Stephan Lichsteiner to join on a free  
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 3:59pm
The most Arsene Wenger signing possible. 34 years of age ffs LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:36pm
Decent signing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 229>
  Share Topic