Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 229>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Stoke did not deserve to be on the end of a 3-0 result, but I suppose when you give away 2 silly penos you get what you deserve
So they deservedly got what they didn't deserve?
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Stoke did not deserve to be on the end of a 3-0 result, but I suppose when you give away 2 silly penos you get what you deserve

So they deservedly got what they didn't deserve?
I really don’t know now
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:35pm
Mustafi has done nothing but make mistakes so far, awful defending for the goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:48pm
Good chance they'll finish 7th this season. Think Wenger should go at the end of the season
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Good chance they'll finish 7th this season. Think Wenger should go at the end of the season

They are playing Burnley in a few weeks at home.
That game will go along way to decide who finishes 6th.

Only the EL can save Wenger and even that may not be enough.
It was madness giving him a 2 year contract.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 15 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:54pm
He has to go ... when is the last time anyone stood of and took notice of Arsenal contending for a league title . The board are too concerned about profit and they are making money . So don't be surprised to see him stay 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:54pm
He probably will go after winning the EL.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They are an awful side. With a lame duck manager over them. I would be astounded if they beat Atletico over 2 legs. Is that 11 league losses in 33 games, in what I'd consider to be the weakest ever PL in terms of the bottom 10-12 sides. That is some going to lose that many games.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It wasn’t madness giving him a 2 year contract.
The last 3 times we have played them they have scored in time added on , all 3 were either offside , hand ball or a very iffy pen given .
Trust me when i say this i think every Claret wants to beat them at the Emirates with a last minute goal , offside, hand ball or Barnes to headbutts the fullback then go's on to score any one of them will do , but better still all 3  . 

Edited by Claret Murph - 15 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It wasn’t madness giving him a 2 year contract.

No offence to Burnley but if that isn't an indication as to how badly the club have fallen, I don't know what is. Again, Mustafi at fault for a goal. I'd be looking to replace him in the summer.

I assume you mean it was madness. Can't see them beating Atletico with the way they've played in the EL this season, giving away too many chances in each game.

Today's loss makes it 0 away points in 2018. 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
They've actually been superb at the Emirates  (results wise) but that Burnley games is scheduled for 3 days after Atletico which could be a bit of a leveller.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:40am
Arsenal are the only team in all four divisions in England who have yet to claim a point away from home in 2018. Unbelievable statistic.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:38pm

No chance. I think if they make the final and lose badly he will still stay.

only just read they have Atletico Madrid in the semi - good luck winning that LOL

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 16 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Mustafi has done nothing but make mistakes so far, awful defending for the goal.

Tackles Won This Season:

Shkodran Mustafi - 61
Roberto Firmino - 62

Courtesy of The football community.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They are an awful side. With a lame duck manager over them. I would be astounded if they beat Atletico over 2 legs. Is that 11 league losses in 33 games, in what I'd consider to be the weakest ever PL in terms of the bottom 10-12 sides. That is some going to lose that many games.

It's knockout football. They've a good chance of beating Atletico . I wouldn't want to call this tie tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It's knockout football. They've a good chance of beating Atletico . I wouldn't want to call this tie tbh. 
Anyone saying Arsenal have a chance over the 2 legs against Atletico definitely have not been watching both sides regularly in the past few months. Now if Costa is out, that will be a boost to Arsenal, but they will need a lot more than that to go their way to have any chance in this tie. There is a massive gulf in class between these sides. Even in the games that Arsenal have been winning over the past couple of months, their performances, especially defensively, have been comical at times.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm
The Arsenal players have been very pedantic during that first half according to Jamie Redknapp.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone saying Arsenal have a chance over the 2 legs against Atletico definitely have not been watching both sides regularly in the past few months. Now if Costa is out, that will be a boost to Arsenal, but they will need a lot more than that to go their way to have any chance in this tie. There is a massive gulf in class between these sides. Even in the games that Arsenal have been winning over the past couple of months, their performances, especially defensively, have been comical at times.

Hans it's crazy to write Arsenal off in a knockout tie against Atletico as good as they've been in La Liga. They weren't good enough to get out of their CL group so they're hardly invincible. 

I'm sure Arsenal are short enough odds to beat Atletico over the two legs and it's not like the bookies get it wrong that often.

Do you not think you're being too dismissive of Arsenal's chances? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 229>
  Share Topic