Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tevez

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:40am
I'm sure there are hundreds of things that citeh could get abused for, how they have handled the Tevez affair isn't one of them.
Sponsored Links

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

City and Mancini have handled this excellently, have a new found respect for them due to their handling of it. Barlow I think your the mug

+1. I hope they hold his regristration until his contract is up. No one wants to pay for him. a w*nker of a man
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:41am
Jaysus Barlow....Embarrassed

City have come out of this looking excellent.  

In fairness, I have a lot more respect for them since Garry Cook got the bullet...but Barlow saying City have looked like mugs since Tevezgate...Barlow, you really don't know how to have a go at other clubs do you.  You always end up looking silly!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Jaysus Barlow....Embarrassed

City have come out of this looking excellent.  

In fairness, I have a lot more respect for them since Garry Cook got the bullet...but Barlow saying City have looked like mugs since Tevezgate...Barlow, you really don't know how to have a go at other clubs do you.  You always end up looking silly!

a horrible man
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:48am
Think City have handled this very well and they have actually gained a lot of respect for their handling of it from neutrals. Mancini's handling of the team this season has been brilliant as well. He and the city owners have gone up in my respect. Still hope they don't win the league obviously but you have to recognise intelligence and man management skills of both the owners and the manager over a few things this season.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:53am
You reading this Barlow? You see, you don't have to be so bitter and blinkered just because you prefer one particular team over another.

Your Man United = good, everyone else = bad, motto really is like a broken record at this stage

U mite want to take another few weeks off the board
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Jan 2012 at 10:54am
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:09am
Come off it lads what option did mancini have? The chap refused to play for the club and fooked off back to argentina ffs! What were they gonna do give him a bonus for that?

And the fact that they have 3 or 4 30m plus strikers at the club without tevez made the decision a total no brainer

Its been like a circus with him since the day he joined man city- a constant soap opera around him- they should have sold him in january 2011 but no they held on even after he publicly said he wanted to move the day before a game against everton (which they lost incidentally) 

So dont be giving me this great man manangement horse sh*t- he had no option- and being able to go out and spend 40m on a like for like replacement without first having to sell tevez made it all the more straight forward a decision
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:17am

He was Citys player of the year by far last season, despite the ongoing soap opera. Selling him in January wouldn't have made much sense, given that the FA Cup and Champions League spot were still up for grabs. It would have been completely crazy in fact

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:18am
another manager would have licked his hole and taken him back , there have been loads of player bust ups where the managers have  stood down
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He was Citys player of the year by far last season, despite the ongoing soap opera. Selling him in January wouldn't have made much sense, given that the FA Cup and Champions League spot were still up for grabs. It would have been completely crazy in fact

Ask Richard Dunne about player of the year awards at man city

They have an endless pot of money ffs- mancini could boot out any player in that squad and get a like for like replacement in no time
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

another manager would have licked his hole and taken him back , there have been loads of player bust ups where the managers have  stood down

Why would he lick his hole and completely call into question his authority when he can just go out and buy a like for like replacemenet without even first having to recoup the money spent on tevez- that makes no sense whatsoeverConfused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ask Richard Dunne about player of the year awards at man city

They have an endless pot of money ffs- mancini could boot out any player in that squad and get a like for like replacement in no time

your talking nonsense
they signed Dzeko last January, i wouldnt have liked to have seen him, Jo and Balotelli as the only strikers at the club and Tevez away. Dont think it would have done the chances any good. You wouldnt have got a suitable replacement in the January window for Tevez

quit digging lad
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:29am
So fine he held onto him until the summer

Why did he then not sell him in the summer after buying agueroConfused
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:36am

Why would he lick his hole and completely call into question his authority when he can just go out and buy a like for like replacemenet without even first having to recoup the money spent on tevez- that makes no sense whatsoeverConfused

There are times when a manager has to make a sacrifice to keep his man. Fergie had to lose some face by giving Wayne Rooney what he wanted last season when he threatened to leave. Other players, Fergie would have fooked them out. But he needed Rooney so he did the deal. It was obvious that Tevez was needed this time last year so Mancini had to smooth things over. But now he has all his other options he can afford to let Tevez go.

Good to hear that he has not been pocketing his wages while being away
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

There are times when a manager has to make a sacrifice to keep his man. Fergie had to lose some face by giving Wayne Rooney what he wanted last season when he threatened to leave. Other players, Fergie would have fooked them out. But he needed Rooney so he did the deal. It was obvious that Tevez was needed this time last year so Mancini had to smooth things over. But now he has all his other options he can afford to let Tevez go.

Good to hear that he has not been pocketing his wages while being away

Totally different situation

United havent got an endless pot of money to replace rooney while he sits on a beach somewhere

Nearly every other club in world football would have to first recoup the money before replacing them with a 40m like for like replacement- city dont- so it was a no brainer
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:43am

Come off it lads what option did mancini have? The chap refused to play for the club and fooked off back to argentina ffs! What were they gonna do give him a bonus for that?

And the fact that they have 3 or 4 30m plus strikers at the club without tevez made the decision a total no brainer

Its been like a circus with him since the day he joined man city- a constant soap opera around him- they should have sold him in january 2011 but no they held on even after he publicly said he wanted to move the day before a game against everton (which they lost incidentally) 

So dont be giving me this great man manangement horse sh*t- he had no option- and being able to go out and spend 40m on a like for like replacement without first having to sell tevez made it all the more straight forward a decision

Tevez and City agreed to the club not paying his wages so he could stay in Argentina. I'm guessing he thought he would have a two month break and then be sold in January but City are, rightfully, holding out until some club pays the price they are asking for so it might be a case of him not getting the transfer in this window.

For everything you said in the third paragraph, you could, in theory, replace 'Tevez' with 'Rooney'. He publicly said he wasn't going to sign a new contract last year, the day before an important Champions League game if I remember correctly.

You are so one dimensional in your thinking, it's borderline childlike.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:49am
Is that true Seanie - "Tevez and City agreed to the club not paying his wages so he could stay in Argentina"?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Tevez and City agreed to the club not paying his wages so he could stay in Argentina. I'm guessing he thought he would have a two month break and then be sold in January but City are, rightfully, holding out until some club pays the price they are asking for so it might be a case of him not getting the transfer in this window.

For everything you said in the third paragraph, you could, in theory, replace 'Tevez' with 'Rooney'. He publicly said he wasn't going to sign a new contract last year, the day before an important Champions League game if I remember correctly.

You are so one dimensional in your thinking, it's borderline childlike.

One dimensionalConfused

Sorry for being childish and pointing out the glaring holes in your argument

How can the rooney situation be compared to the tevez one

Once again ill point out the obvious

UNITED HAVENT GOT AN ENDLESS POT OF MONEY TO THROW AT A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT- city do- even before having to recoup the money on the player they can just throw 40m at a replacment- united cant afford that luxury

Not to mention the fact that Rooney was more than likely only angling for more money (albeit he did it in the wrong manner) whereas tevez clearly wanted out of manchester no matter what- rooney is playing ball 30 miles from where he grew up and all of his family live- the two situations are totally different really
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic