You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terry Dixon - What's happening?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:30am
Just found this on Wikipedia:

"In March 2011, Dixon left Ware after he failed to turn up to a number of training sessions."

No citation .
Sponsored Links

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:43am
He left because of money

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/Dixon-leaves-Ware.htm
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by mstar87 mstar87 wrote:

Alll you people should be quite, as you dnt know.

Ive known Terry since near enough the day he was born, and like you, him and everyone else knows hes made mistakes.but are you all perfect?
Being released from spurs broke him.This boy was asked for autographs (selfed witnessed) at spurs games since he was 14, then Ramos comes in supposedly shakes it all up, wins a disney cup(which jol done the hardwork on) then gets sacked as he couldnt win a premiership game.
Remember spurs sacked commoli around the same time, who bought most of our now first team.
Let me get 1 thing straight any man who spends money like he has is an idiot, anyman who abuses there
body like he has is an idoit, anyman who stays out wit me tile 8 in the morning to impress a sh*t**** then goes training is an idot, anyman who f**ks up a second chance and breaks there mums/dads an sisters heart is an idiot....................just as any friend who 'cares'bout him shouldnt help ruin his life-career, as beleive me i aint helped him.
But what do you know, ive seen this boyscore 50 goals for spurs in a season(Rooney never achieved this fact),ive seen him act a w**ker an batter people, ive seen him rape james collins, ledley king and many more still pissed from the night before, but then ive seen him cry his eyes out over his dad and mums disappointment.
Everyone laps terry up and i see ppl youtube his arker goal for westham, and i say to him thats your highlight yeh? your just another i coulda beena footballer? for which he ignores and goes quite cos he knows!
He is now focused and it may be to late, for which thats his problem hel have to deal with.
In all honesty i would sit there and say for that money he was payed id be focused but Terry was failed by Spurs, westham and the pfa he needed mentoring through his injury.
Then he lacked confidence and was frustrated due to being out for  2years, for which none of his managers put an arm round him, you scream at T hel do the opposite,basic management skills courses sat thatyou need to see reactions and know how to deal with diff ppls personalities, ZOLA was sh*t.
What you see is not always what you get, Terry's dad who he idolises was very ill, Terry him self had a 2 month testicular cancer problem, how would you feel being a 21 year old with that on your mind?
but now hes focused, so all you please hold judgement until he has actually failed as your negative comments are just muggy and i honestly do beleive 1 year from now ul eat your words. 

Terry?

oreilly21 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:11am
cheers for the update mstar, obviously by this thread coming up and people taking an interest in it shows that people do care about what Dixon has to offer.

He has to prove to himself now that he has what it takes to be a professional footballer and it'll take an awful lot of hard work for him to get back to any sort of a decent standard, clearly a talented footballer but that is only a very small part of it. He needs to work harder than he ever has in his career or he is finished im afraid.

in fairness he is now playing at a Leinster Senior League level. its a long way from where he was  unfortunately
Unhappy
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 10:43am

Former Spurs and West Ham talent ends up at Tooting

Tooting & Mitcham United have landed something of a coup by signing Terry Dixon, who broke into the Republic of ireland squad as a 16-year-old.

The former Tottenham & West Ham youngster, who is still only 21, made his Terrors debut as a substitute in Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Lowestoft Town.

A knee injury has blighted his career but Dixon was a substitute in the Stevenage team that knocked AFC Wimbledon out of the FA Cup last November and continued his rehabilitation by joining Ware in February.

Terrors boss Mark Beard said: “We have a great crop of youngsters here and Terry will fit right in.

“Having had a serious injury a couple of years ago he needs games to help his fitness and I feel I can help him move back into league football.”

The 6ft 1in football was labelled a “special talent with great potential” by then Ireland boss Steve Staunton when he called him into his full squad in 2006.

He has also represented Ireland U16, U17 and U21 and will be at Imperial Fields until the end of the season.

“You don’t get called into the Republic of Ireland squad at 16 years of age if you haven’t got talent,” added Beard.

“He is good friends with our left-back Michael Noone so he helped to persuade him to come here.”

The Terrors (Tuesday) host Folkestone Invicta tomorrow and Maidstone on Saturday.

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/8937270.Terrors_delighted_to_land_Ireland_striker/

Edited by Tweetering - 28 Mar 2011 at 10:45am
sonofakeano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofakeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:00pm
Long way back for Terry indeed. I think every Irish fan help him out as the great white hope of irish football(along with Anthony Stokes back in his Arsenal days) and the successor to Robbie Keane!
Can't help but worry if he is still acting the bowsie after I read this on wiki(granted it isn't always the best and most reliable source of info)
"Non league football
In February 2011, Dixon signed for Isthmian League Division One North club, Ware.[23] In March 2011, Dixon left Ware after he failed to turn up to a number of training sessions. He subsequently joined Isthmian League Premier Division club Tooting and Mitcham United.[24]"
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 9:07am
Dixon scored an acrobatic cracker against Tonbridge Angels at the weekend.

It's on youtube:
about 7 minutes 45 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUiMV2-ViE

Edited by Tweetering - 13 Apr 2011 at 9:08am
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:44am
poor terry, shame to see a lad dubbed the irish Rooney have such a dramatic fall in his level.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Dixon scored an acrobatic cracker against Tonbridge Angels at the weekend.

It's on youtube:
about 7 minutes 45 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUiMV2-ViE

Just class
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:13pm
that was a cracking goal - would love to see Terry get a bit of luck. Any London YBIGers be interested in going to a Tooting match to give Terry a show of support ?
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:02pm
what a goal!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:14pm

Smashing goal. Sad to see us watching this fella play at such a standard. Keep the head Terry, stranger things have happened players at your age. Maybe it isnt too late to make some sort of impact at a decent level.

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 11:04pm
I played against him in a friendly a few years back. He looked a great player, sad to see how things have turned out for him. I'm not up to speed with what's happening at the minute. No offence to mstar87, but I can't really follow his post. Could someone clear things up for me if they wouldn't mind. Thanks
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 2:45am
Great goal.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

decky_eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decky_eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 3:18am
Originally posted by mstar87 mstar87 wrote:

Alll you people should be quite, as you dnt know.

Ive known Terry since near enough the day he was born, and like you, him and everyone else knows hes made mistakes.but are you all perfect?

Being released from spurs broke him.This boy was asked for autographs (selfed witnessed) at spurs games since he was 14, then Ramos comes in supposedly shakes it all up, wins a disney cup(which jol done the hardwork on) then gets sacked as he couldnt win a premiership game.

Remember spurs sacked commoli around the same time, who bought most of our now first team.

Let me get 1 thing straight any man who spends money like he has is an idiot, anyman who abuses there

body like he has is an idoit, anyman who stays out wit me tile 8 in the morning to impress a sh*t**** then goes training is an idot, anyman who f**ks up a second chance and breaks there mums/dads an sisters heart is an idiot....................just as any friend who 'cares'bout him shouldnt help ruin his life-career, as beleive me i aint helped him.

But what do you know, ive seen this boyscore 50 goals for spurs in a season(Rooney never achieved this fact),ive seen him act a w**ker an batter people, ive seen him rape james collins, ledley king and many more still pissed from the night before, but then ive seen him cry his eyes out over his dad and mums disappointment.

Everyone laps terry up and i see ppl youtube his arker goal for westham, and i say to him thats your highlight yeh? your just another i coulda beena footballer? for which he ignores and goes quite cos he knows!

He is now focused and it may be to late, for which thats his problem hel have to deal with.

In all honesty i would sit there and say for that money he was payed id be focused but Terry was failed by Spurs, westham and the pfa he needed mentoring through his injury.

Then he lacked confidence and was frustrated due to being out for  2years, for which none of his managers put an arm round him, you scream at T hel do the opposite,basic management skills courses sat thatyou need to see reactions and know how to deal with diff ppls personalities, ZOLA was sh*t.

What you see is not always what you get, Terry's dad who he idolises was very ill, Terry him self had a 2 month testicular cancer problem, how would you feel being a 21 year old with that on your mind?

but now hes focused, so all you please hold judgement until he has actually failed as your negative comments are just muggy and i honestly do beleive 1 year from now ul eat your words. 

are you gonna send this script into true movies??
I am no miracle worker....... I am just Giovanni

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 8:41am
Article on Terry Dixon in a local newspaper:

Dixon wonder goal has Tooting boss purring

Terry Dixon produced a spectacular glimpse of his ability to earn Tooting & Mitcham a point from Saturday’s six-goal thriller at Tonbridge Angels.

And boss Mark Beard was thrilled with the 21-year-old former Spurs and West Ham youngster’s contribution to a 3-3 draw.

Boss Mark Beard said: “It really was a first-class goal. It reminded me of some of the goals Mark Hughes scored where he let the ball come over his shoulder and then hit it first time on the volley.

“It was superb and I am delighted for him. He is a very talented player and I want to help him back to where he should be with his football.

“He was being compared to Wayne Rooney when he was called into Ireland’s senior squad as a 16-year-old and I have seen first hand what a talent he is.”

An own goal and Sol Pinnock – who later hit the post – had given Tooting a 2-0 first half lead only for Angels to hit back to lead 3-2.

Dixon’s strike is a late contender for goal of the season and is one of the awards fans can vote for on the club’s website or at the club.

The Terrors hold their annual awards, which also include young player of the year and supporters player of the year after the final game of the season against Canvey Island and the deadline for votes in Monday, April 25.

Meanwhile, fans are invited to take part in the club’s golf day at Westerham Golf Club on Tuesday, April 26.

The cost is ÂŁ60 per person including breakfast of a coffee and bacon roll, an 18-hole golf tournament and a three-course lunch plus prizes for the top three places, the longest drive and nearest the the pin.

Players and staff from Tooting & Mitcham will be involved.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/tootingandmitcham/8970664.Dixon_wonder_goal_has_Tooting_boss_purring/
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 9:58am
Signed and sealed one year deal at Bradford!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:54pm
Yeah and straight out on loan to Halifax Town Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic