You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Nothing to do with Islam..

Could be Neo Nazis Andy ? Shouldn't all White People get the blame over what happend in the terrorist attack in Charlottesville going by your standards.

PS Go f**k yourself you racist bigoted prick

In fairness Dinny I'd be 99% sure this is an attack carried out by Islamic extremist maniacs as it is very similar to recent attacks carried out by them. Don't think it's racist or bigoted for Andy to make that assumption
I think I can speak for Dinny when I say it is his delight in people dying that is so disgusting. The far-right get very smug over people dying, as if these deaths prove them right, without realising that they are part of the problem that causes such attacks.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm
I have always just looked at my own twitter feed.
First time I have looked at the search function on twitter to look at what people are tweeting, you're right, one video of people with blood wounds lying down on the ground, and this prick videos it and then puts it up on twitter.
Surely twitter can monitor this second by second and remove these videos....Jesus H Christ.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Nothing to do with Islam..

Could be Neo Nazis Andy ? Shouldn't all White People get the blame over what happend in the terrorist attack in Charlottesville going by your standards.

PS Go f**k yourself you racist bigoted prick

In fairness Dinny I'd be 99% sure this is an attack carried out by Islamic extremist maniacs as it is very similar to recent attacks carried out by them. Don't think it's racist or bigoted for Andy to make that assumption
I think I can speak for Dinny when I say it is his delight in people dying that is so disgusting. The far-right get very smug over people dying, as if these deaths prove them right, without realising that they are part of the problem that causes such attacks.

Ah I didn't realise - haven't noticed it before
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

First time I have looked at the search function on twitter to look at what people are tweeting, you're right, one video of people with blood wounds lying down on the ground, and this prick videos it and then puts it up on twitter.
Surely twitter can monitor this second by second and remove these videos....Jesus H Christ.
made that mistake before. now I avoid it completely in addition I try and avoid the 24hr news channels when this happens. The sensationalising of these events boils my blood.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

made that mistake before. now I avoid it completely in addition I try and avoid the 24hr news channels when this happens. The sensationalising of these events boils my blood.
+1 I can only imagine the reaction on Sun News.Angry
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

+1 I can only imagine the reaction on Sun News.Angry
pointless is on BBC 1 atm   

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:46pm
Some reports of 13 deaths now
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:01pm
It's a shame that these cowards are not dragged through the streets after they are caught. Would be a fitting punishment to let the locals have a cut off them.

Absolute animals. Nowhere safe anymore. Any one of them could be behind the wheel and no way of preventing it.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:03pm
Islamic state have claimed responsibility according to the New York Times.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:29am
Spanish police and armed units just prevented another attack from happening in Cambrils, an hours south of Barcelona.

Shot and killed 5 terrorists wearing suicide vests

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 18 Aug 2017 at 1:30am
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:57am

I made that mistake before. The sensationalising of these events boils my blood.

It's probably best to avoid Twitter and other social networks as people try to outdo each other with evidence.

Of course, some make it to newscasts after they have been sufficiently sanitised. What they don't realise or don't care about, or both, is that the more graphic the footage, the bigger propaganda tool for other would be militants, showing them the results of what such attacks are capable of. They love images of mass panic, and blood and guts strewn over pavements.

Personally I think showing it at all is the height of disrespect to the casualties. We don't need to see it. The fact that their last moments are being filmed is just irresponsible and that people are profiting from selling and showing the footage, is grotesque imo.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Islamic state have claimed responsibility according to the New York Times.

So Andy was right?

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:13am
No he said Islam huge difference. He's constantly done this.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:23pm
What makes Spain significant for the country to be high up on the IS hitlist?

Majority of the attacks in the past were related or deter from being part of the coalition, but this one seems a bit pointless to me :/
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:51pm
one hell of a sickening video doing the rounds on whatsapp from the aftermath of the attack. what a sick f**k recording bodies sprawled on the floor rather than helping out, suppose a sign of the times where first thought is recording on a phone rather than assisting the paramedics. even one paramedic shouts at the guy to stop recording 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

What makes Spain significant for the country to be high up on the IS hitlist?

Majority of the attacks in the past were related or deter from being part of the coalition, but this one seems a bit pointless to me :/
The intention is to cause a war between 'Muslims' and 'non-muslims'. The foreign policy of the nation is largely unimportant, although there are some grievances there, such as support of the Iraq and their history in Morocco. There are about three-quarters of a million Moroccans living in Spain.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

one hell of a sickening video doing the rounds on whatsapp from the aftermath of the attack. what a sick f**k recording bodies sprawled on the floor rather than helping out, suppose a sign of the times where first thought is recording on a phone rather than assisting the paramedics. even one paramedic shouts at the guy to stop recording 

And did you watch it?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm
Separate knife attacks in Finland and Germany, two killed in Finland, one in Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 162>
  Share Topic