You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Ball Protest - Good or Embarrassing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Poll Question: Tennis Ball Protest - Good or Embarrassing?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
129 [77.71%]
37 [22.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tennis Ball Protest - Good or Embarrassing?
    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
Seems to divide opinion on here with most thinking it was a disgrace. I for one saw nothing hugely wrong with it and think it will bring a lot more national and international attention to JD. 
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:56pm
It was bigger than 3 minutes of a hold up. Bigger than 3 points for that matter. The future of Irish football is on the line here. Well done on the balls. 
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:01pm
Think it's somewhere in between to be honest. I wasn't in favour of it and had no intention of participating, but in the absence of a coherent protest plan agreed upon by everyone, it did a job. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:12pm
If you think that's embarrassing you need to get a grip. What's embarrassing is the people saying"ah there's better ways to protest" and not giving an alternative. They're part of the problem. Delaney's lickspittles
Danger here, OH NO
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:19pm
Plenty on here were saying how much of a disgrace it would be before the game also. I didn’t see anybody other than myself or a handful of the new accounts actually for it. I would be completely for this nearly becoming a regular thing until theres a real change in the FAI.

After watching Damien Duffs Half time analysis again I think he might have the mental age of a 7 year old, there was still the same amount of football played and He’s blaming the fans who protested for Georgia nearly scoring in injury time. People like that kunt are the problem. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm
At first I thought it was stupid as I thought it would kill the momentum of the team who were playing very well at that stage

Then we scored and I didn’t care anymore  

I suppose it was well timed in hindsight and will get more headlines given we scored straight after it, so job done really. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:28pm
The 2 dinosaurs on commentary being so far removed from reality actually made the tennis ball protest far more effective imo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:34pm
It certainly has made a lot of headlines so in hindsight, a good thing for the cause 
teevo View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:41pm
Our 1-0 win tonight is top sports story on BBC 5Live news. The report says the goal was scored from a free kick after a delay as tennis balls were thrown onto the pitch in protest at Delaney. 2 mates text me from Ingerland during the match asking me what the story was with the tennis balls. So it definitely made an impression and got people talking. Also did no actual harm. No damage to people or property and was hugely visible. I wouldnt like it to become a regular occurence though. Has to be a big issue, which tonight really was. Just back from match. If anyone hasnt heard Sadliers comments, have a look. Very good. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:45pm
Excellent idea that grabbed maximum attention. And to think it was all started by what we suspect was an FAI account stirring up sh*t.

Duffer is an FAI yes man. He's a f**king disgrace. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:52pm
Tennis balls got the assist.
Happy days.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:00am
2nd Headline on SSN Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:00am
Not a great idea...a bit ha ha...look what we done....this could have been done years ago....I cringed to be honest....let's move on and forward pls
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:03am
I await the tennis balls!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:03am
It serves the FAI right. 
Yeah it made a bit of a racket, but we all calmed down and had a drink of deuce shortly after 
At the end of the day Hourihane soon hit the net anyway.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:04am
McGoldrick said it gave him a bit of a breather LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Not a great idea...a bit ha ha...look what we done....this could have been done years ago....I cringed to be honest....let's move on and forward pls

Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:07am
He actually looks like me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic