You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ten favourite albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 9:59pm
Forgot Snoop Dogg-Doggy Style
And Stone Roses
And Charlatans...
Ah f**k it's too hard
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:04pm
It is near impossible. Took me five days and there are albums that take me to a specific place and moment in time. Picking number 10 was the hardest. Only about 30 contenders for it
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

It is near impossible. Took me five days and there are albums that take me to a specific place and moment in time. Picking number 10 was the hardest. Only about 30 contenders for it
took me about 90seconds,which would explain why I left so many out
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:28pm
The Stone Roses-TSR
Wu Tang Clan-Enter the Wu Tang
Squeeze -Cool for Cats
Ian Brown - Music of the Spheres
Oasis - Whats the Story Morning Glory
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
The Strokes - Is this It
The National -High Violet
The Libertines-Up The Bracket
Paul Simon - Graceland

Clonboy that's a near impossible task.My list would be different again tomorrow.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:28pm
Heartworm- whipping boy
Physical graffiti-led Zeppelin
Funeral- arcade fire
Screamadelica- primal scream
Rage against the machine- rage against the machine
hail to the thief- radiohead
ill communication- beastie boys
Doolittle - pixies
The velvet underground and Nico
Transformer- Lou reed

Edited by drog addict - 08 Oct 2014 at 10:33pm
Chips don't bounce
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:35pm
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
The Joshua Tree - U2
Disintegration - The Cure
Screamadelica - Primal Scream
Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'N' Roses
Slave Ambient - The War On Drugs
Pills 'N' Thrills 'N' Bellyaches - Happy Mondays
Leftism - Leftfield
Lost Souls - Doves
Loveless - My Bloody Valentine

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:43pm
Iowa-Slipknot
Definitely Maybe-Oasis
The Fat Of The Land-The Prodigy
Rage Against The Machine-Rage Against The Machine
The Black Album-Metallica
Nevermind-Nirvana
Ten-Pearl Jam
Vulgar Display Of Power-Pantera
Songs For The Deaf-Queens Of The Stone Age
Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:04pm
Leftfield - Leftism
The Doors - LA Woman
Bon Ivor - Bon Ivor
Bob Marley - Catch A Fire
Gonzales - Solo Piano
Sasha & John Digweed - Northern Exposure
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
OCS - Moseley Shoals
U2 - Achtung Baby
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:07pm
Listening to Doolittle now. What a brilliant album, pisses all over Nirvana's rip off.

Edited by Clonbhoy - 08 Oct 2014 at 11:08pm
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:22pm
Rated R - Queens of the Stone age
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Exile on Main Street - Rolling Stones
Ill Communication - Beastie Boys
Ritual de lo Hibitual - Janes Addiction
High Voltage - AC/DC
Led Zeppelin III - Led Zeppelin
Vulgar display of power - Pantera
Surfer rosa - The Pixies
After the Goldrush - Neil Young
The White album - The Beatles
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:41pm
1 Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
From start to finish a truly great album that has probably bloodied more faces than any other in history. Inspired a new generation of bands. Best tracks - Walk, f**king Hostile, Mouth for War

2 Slayer - Reign In Blood
The greatest thrash album of all time. It doesn't come any faster or nastier than this. While there was also a lot of controversy surrounding it , there is no doubting its plase with the greatest. Angel of Death proved that Slayer had what it takes to go further than anyone else dared. Best tracks - Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Postmortem

3 Metallica - Master of Puppets
Sticking to the one band rule by clonbhoy, I chose this Metallica album though there are 3 more of their albums that could be on this list. A master piece by Metallica which propelled them to fame. The songs are allowed to take a life of their own and breath as if they had free will. Best tracks - Each one of them

4 Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
If you want to bang your head against the wall and cause some damage, this is the album for you. Best tracks - Davidian , Old , Im your God now

5 Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
This is the album which helped shape rock for what it is today. In one swoop it redefined what rock n roll was pre- Nirvana days. Sex drugs and rock n roll is what GNR were made of making this album. Best tracks - All of them

6 System of a Down - Toxicity
Systems 2nd album is a classic that found them millions of fans the world over. Best tracks - Chop Suey, Prison Song , Deer Dance

7 Slipknot - Iowa
I was tempted to pluck for their self titled first album which had some great songs but this is a better all round album which deserves its place here. From the growling lyrics of People = sh*t to the Heretic Anthem , Iowa is an album where the band funnelled all their misanthropy, social ill will , and extreme hatred and gave it to the world with a f**k you thrown in on top. Pure aggression with Corey in fine form. Best tracks - People=sh*t , Disasterpiece , Left Behind

8 Alice In Chains - Dirt
An album of depression and drug abuse with naked lyrics. The genius of Layne Staley is there for all to see. A tortured man with an amazing voice who never got the plaudits he deserved. Down in a hole is probably my favourite song. Best tracks - Down in a hole ,Them Bones ,Rooster

9 Rage against the machine - ratm
Timeless classic which everyone should have in their collection. Best tracks - Bombtrack , Killing in the name of, Know your enemy

10 - Megadeth - Rust in Piece
An album with great riffs and solos. Holy wars is a masterpiece by any stretch, which shows what a metal song can be the way it develops. Best tracks - Holy Wars...The Punishment Duo , Five Magics , Rust in peace

So many more just missing out including Nirvana, Pearl Jam , Exodus, Korn and Mastodon

Edited by PanteirA - 08 Oct 2014 at 11:44pm
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 4:36am
In no particular order

1. The Beachboys - Pet Sounds The genius of Wilson.
2. Love - Forever Changes Makes
me so hard. 'A House is not a Motel' one of my all time favourite tracks. 'The Red Telephone freakiest tune of all time.
3. The Stooges - Raw Power 'Search & Destroy' probably the greatest rock songs of all time.
4. New York Dolls - Self titled debut album Worth a mention for 'Frankenstein' alone.
5. Neil Young - On the Beach So hard picking one from his back catelogue but this is his masterpiece.
6. Wire - Pink Flag Makes me wanna rub my balls with a cheese grater as I rock out to Mannequin'.
7. Pink Floyd - Animals Tracks 2,3,4 is Floyd at their very best.
8. Brian Wilson Presents Smile Had the pleasure of catching this live. That tour will go down as one of the greatest in the history of mankind. Never thought I would get to hear this album finished, let alone hear it live.
9. AC/DC - Back in Black My mantra ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT was invented for this album.
10. Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotten Vegetables. POL POT, POL POT, POL POT, POL POT.

Edited by The Q Man - 09 Oct 2014 at 4:51am
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 4:46am
Originally posted by spook09 spook09 wrote:

Weezer - Blue Album
Velvet Underground - <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Velvet Underground and Nico</span>
Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang 36 Chambers
Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Libertines - Up the Bracket
Belle and Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The Clash - London Calling</span>
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Interpol - Antics

Honourable Mentions
Ice Cube -Amerikkka's most wanted
Bon Iver -For Emma Forever ago
The National - Alligator
Nirvana - Nevermind
The The -Soul Mining

My Nigga
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 7:49am
Took a while for fleetwood mac - rumours to be mentioned. No Springsteen either. Blondie parallel lines is another classic
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 8:10am
There is help of a lot more albums when looking through my album collection and some mentioned on here that would make my revised list.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 8:28am
Three pages into the thread and Garth Brooks hasn't been mentioned
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Three pages into the thread and Garth Brooks hasn't been mentioned

Yeah and what about Boyzone Big smile
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 9:15am
Could never give a top ten but i know my top 3:

Faith No More - Angel Dust
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
Deftones - White Pony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic