You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tbilisi - Sun 7th Sept 2014 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929394
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:33pm
Like the talks on fans direct was all inclusive???
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Like the talks on fans direct was all inclusive???

What has that got to do with booking a hotel in Tblisi??Embarrassed
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You should have joined us eating kebabs at the place by the side of the road. Nothing sketchy about it all.

Top class grub one seriously unhappy chef though
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:31pm
Kind of liked were we stayed the last time , big old rooms and the ceilings must have been  15 feet high the curtains were huge as you would expect real old Russian type as i think it would be .
20 mins walk to the hanger , but like Kerrsy said i would stay real close if i went back next time to the strip . Not sure if we will make this one as 2017 is going to be a big year for us and not sure if we will have the time and money Cry  But hey never say never .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
Yeah, somewhere between Hangar and McLaren's, definitely. Betsy's was a little too far out for my liking as well.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:51pm
There is a good few decent hotels between the two pubs. MacLarens was miles ahead of the hangar for craic .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:54pm

There is a good few decent hotels between the two pubs. MacLarens was miles ahead of the hangar for craic .

Yeah we started off each night in McClarens then around 5am headed to the Hangar
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:03am

GF would you not be better opening your own forum As you have your own separate deal with JD .I don't particularly want to see your smug posts on here.

Sorry for you, I taught this was meant to be a forum for all Irish fans regardless of their views.

As for the Betsy, have you a problem with the fact that a group of fans want to stay in the hotel, and have booked it, knowing it's the only hotel with an outdoor pool.

Surely everyone should be allowed to choose where they want to stay, is that not what an indepent fan should be allowed to choose Wink
I know nothing :-)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 6:14am
Gf i think a number of posters got rubbed up the wrong way with some of brianies comments.

may i ask is the hotel exclusively for members of 88 club or will you be putting it out there for others? I'm just asking out of curiosity. my preference would be to stay in an apartment down town.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Gf i think a number of posters got rubbed up the wrong way with some of brianies comments.

may i ask is the hotel exclusively for members of 88 club or will you be putting it out there for others? I'm just asking out of curiosity. my preference would be to stay in an apartment down town.

All the rooms are already booked

Some are in co88 others not

only half of the rooms have been taken by posters here

once the draw was made i texted friends to see if they wanted to go back to Betsey and the daughters also put it on their group chat

If people don't travel there may be a few rooms available but those who have asked for rooms are unlikely not to travel
I know nothing :-)
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 11:34am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

"Loved by all his people". LOL

There was a cafe/bakery place around the back of the musuem but I didn't see much other life there either. We combined the museum tour with a trip to Mtskheta and some caves that I've forgotten the name of. 

Uplistsikhe was the name of cave town. Great spot.
City Till I Die
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

All the rooms are already booked

Some are in co88 others not

only half of the rooms have been taken by posters here

once the draw was made i texted friends to see if they wanted to go back to Betsey and the daughters also put it on their group chat

If people don't travel there may be a few rooms available but those who have asked for rooms are unlikely not to travel
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929394
  Share Topic