You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taylor Gardner-Hickman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:46pm
he should be called up and tied down asap.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Positive reports on him again today. Seems to be in the MoM conversation every game he plays.
appears to have played left back today and was outstanding in the position from what I read. West Brom fans fearing already they'll lose him on the cheap to a bigger club. Could be a long term left back for Ireland if Southgate doesn't nab him first. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Dec 2021 at 9:50pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Positive reports on him again today. Seems to be in the MoM conversation every game he plays.
appears to have played left back today and was outstanding in the position from what I read. West Brom fans fearing already they'll lose him on the cheap to a bigger club. Could be a long term left back for Ireland if Southgate doesn't nab him first. 

This is what getting carried away looks like.

A handful of senior games for WBA, 1 game at LWB (he's a right sided player), & all of a sudden he could be Irelands starting LWB for years to come.

Put him with the U21s and let him settle in.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

A handful of senior games for WBA, 1 game at LWB (he's a right sided player), & all of a sudden he could be Irelands starting LWB for years to come.

I think you missed the word 'could' Embarrassed
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I think you missed the word 'could' Embarrassed

No, I included it. LOL

Lets see how TGH does over an extended period of time.

Realistically Manning (in his 6th season in the Championship) is next in line for LWB.

And again, TGH is right footed. If he does join us he'll be used on the right anyway.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:30pm
Probably won't be far from an England under 21 call up if he keeps up this form. Currently without an Irish passport meaning he's eligible for them and not for us, so not hard to imagine he'd accept an England call up if it came along.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:53pm
I don;t think we have ever had a double barrel name play for The EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 11:03pm
Young-Doherty.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 11:15pm
F**king-McShane

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Dec 2021 at 11:15pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Young-Doherty.

LOL

Yes I forgot him
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You're right, we havent!

..and another guff stat, Omobamidele has the longest surname to have played for Ireland.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

he should be called up and tied down asap.

It's not that simple. Unless we kidnap him and force him to play under duress. 

If he's potentially good enough for England, he'll be happy to truck along in our U21 team for the time being while he assesses his options.

He's not going to come on for the last kick of a competitive game to tie down his entire intl future just because it's beneficial to us.

Not to mention, this kind of talk cheapens the integrity of a cap. They should be given on merit, and whoever wants to play for us, will find their way into our team if they've earned it and want to represent us with their heart and soul.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Dec 2021 at 12:43am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 8:01am
Omobamidele does not have the longest surname of capped Irish players. That accolade surely belongs to St Ledger-Hall.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Omobamidele does not have the longest surname of capped Irish players. That accolade surely belongs to St Ledger-Hall.

Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 10:03am

Probably won't be far from an England under 21 call up if he keeps up this form. Currently without an Irish passport meaning he's eligible for them and not for us, so not hard to imagine he'd accept an England call up if it came along.

Any dual national RB would be wise to explore his options as he ain't getting near that RB spot unless he's a top class player.

He would make a good back up option for their U21s given his versitility. Max Aarons is their current RB and TGH is two days overage for the next campaign.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

You're right, we havent!

..and another guff stat, Omobamidele has the longest surname to have played for Ireland.
With 11 letters, it's the joint longest with Kevin Fitzpatrick and Tom Farquharson
And, if we're counting apostrophes, Brendan O'Callaghan and Kevin O'Callaghan
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:47am

Nearly had one with St. Ledger in that name itself but his full name is St. Ledger - Hall
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:31pm
Which is also 12 letters, 13 if you count the hyphen, either way the longest surname as well as the only double-barrelled one ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic