You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taxi Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I live in Newcastle. If I get a taxi home from the City Centre, it's over €40. They're an absolute rip off. It puts me off going out in town. Nitelink service is sh*te now also. Was great until about 5 years ago.

Use UBER you mentaller???. I was in London 18 months ago and my brother advised on using them as they were way cheaper than the normal ones. 

Surely it's the same in the rest of the UK

"Evening pal, busy tonight? I'm going to Newcastle please."

"Evening, ah kept ticking over. Newcastle county Dublin yea?"

"No, Newcastle UK."

"Okay, that will be €40"

"What? How can it be €40?"

"Well it's in a different country and I've to use a speedboat for some of the journey"

"Fook that, I'm ringing Uber."
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

I live in Newcastle. If I get a taxi home from the City Centre, it's over €40. They're an absolute rip off. It puts me off going out in town. Nitelink service is sh*te now also. Was great until about 5 years ago.

Use UBER you mentaller???. I was in London 18 months ago and my brother advised on using them as they were way cheaper than the normal ones. 

"No, Newcastle UK."

"Okay, that will be €40"

"Well it's in a different country and I've to use a speedboat for some of the journey"

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 7:28pm
Cool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TwoforTwo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoforTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

"No, Newcastle UK."

"Okay, that will be €40"

wow, this situation is so close to me...
TwoforTwo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoforTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:07pm
hey, where is my comment?
TwoforTwo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoforTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:08pm
ow, sorry, I didn't see it's moderated :)
don't post my last 2 messages, thank you
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by TwoforTwo TwoforTwo wrote:

ow, sorry, I didn't see it's moderated :)
don't post my last 2 messages, thank you
ok Confused
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:41am
Anyone know or ever met a taxi driver who ain't racist,homophobic and a mentler?
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 12:34pm
I seen on the news last weekend a taxi driver complaining because they are not receiving any help or support from the government at the moment. They are able to apply for the 80% self employed furlough scheme based on their declared earnings over the last two years, maybe they should have declared some of that cash! 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:29pm
I had to get a Taxi to and from an Injury clinic yesterday as I done my leg in work. Neither of the miserable bastards even offered to open or close the door for me could easily see me limping (I know Covid but could have thrown a mask on). I think at time they get an awful rap there are some decent ones but then some truly miserable ones who think the world owes them something. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I had to get a Taxi to and from an Injury clinic yesterday as I done my leg in work. Neither of the miserable bastards even offered to open or close the door for me could easily see me limping (I know Covid but could have thrown a mask on). I think at time they get an awful rap there are some decent ones but then some truly miserable ones who think the world owes them something. 
Where there's blame, there's a claim Cool
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I seen on the news last weekend a taxi driver complaining because they are not receiving any help or support from the government at the moment. They are able to apply for the 80% self employed furlough scheme based on their declared earnings over the last two years, maybe they should have declared some of that cash! 

The good genuine tax paying taxi drivers will be doing fine. I have seen a few taxis operating as couriers and doing deliveries too.
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Anyone know or ever met a taxi driver who ain't racist,homophobic and a mentler?

And experts on Covid 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic