You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taxi Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:48pm
What ever happened to people letting farts and saying Taxi No rebounds. 
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

They're going around the airport now slowly in cavalcade, blocking buses and private cars.
I respect their right to strike, even if I don't agree with them, but clocking up the airport
is very poor form. Thankfully I have the bike with me so i'll not be held up getting out.

They have no right to strike and no right to picket. They are all independent operators. I guarantee you there are plenty of drivers who would love to be able to pick up fares at the airport right now but it is the bully boy operations of those lads out there stopping them from doing so. It's not a matter of taxi drivers' rights, it's one set of businessmen stopping other businessmen from running a business with little or no justification. I have no problem with unionisation and the right to strike but this is outrageous wildcat action. If they have a problem with it, fine, sit at home, drive your taxi elsewhere, but to bully lads and force them not to accept business is an absolute scandal.

The self-employed have no right to strike and sure as hell no right to picket.

Incidentally, DAA are also being gobsh*tes, but it's total w**kery by the drivers.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 23 Aug 2012 at 2:53pm
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

A dying breed Baldrick.LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:20pm
Town on Friday and Saturday nights have more heavy traffic then at 10am on a Tuesday, and it's all taxis. There should have been a cap on the number of taxi licenses when they rightly deregulated.

Agree 100% on having to listen to them sh*te on about their business. Imagine going to a restaurant or pub and the staff sat down beside you for 10minutes and whinged about the rules, and after their ten minutes asked you for €20Angry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Town on Friday and Saturday nights have more heavy traffic then at 10am on a Tuesday, and it's all taxis. There should have been a cap on the number of taxi licenses when they rightly deregulated.

Agree 100% on having to listen to them sh*te on about their business. Imagine going to a restaurant or pub and the staff sat down beside you for 10minutes and whinged about the rules, and after their ten minutes asked you for €20Angry

Regulation was a cap on licences. By definition.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL, I sometimes still fine myself saying that after letting rip.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:52pm
Taxi's need to be regulated as its an industry where its hard to reward the best service like a pub or a restaurant  with repeat custom.  As a result the rules of capitalism do not apply to it and therefore it needs some sort of regulation.   
AKA pedantic kunt
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:57pm
Just as an update to this. The taxi drivers are now deliberately pulling in front of buses (dangerously imo) and stopping or moving extremely slowly in front of them.
The  slow moving cavalcade blocking up traffic is continuing also....This needs to be sorted out quickly.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:59pm

no fcuking way shoudl there, dublin is an absolute pleasure now , you walk out of a bar city centre and straight into a cab and home

try queuing for three hours in the pissing rain down at trinity college or accross form the USIT offices from about 2-5 on a sdunday morning in order to finally get a cab to lucan , f**k THAT
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

no fcuking way shoudl there, dublin is an absolute pleasure now , you walk out of a bar city centre and straight into a cab and home

try queuing for three hours in the pissing rain down at trinity college or accross form the USIT offices from about 2-5 on a sdunday morning in order to finally get a cab to lucan , f**k THAT

Come on now Roger, I remember the poxy days of walking half way home. This is about a realistic cap.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:34pm
****s of the highest order. Let away with murder in this country for years, all the while moaning about it and telling everyone who will listen, whether they want to or not. f**k off
On a side note the condition of taxis in this country is an absolute farce as well, imagine getting off the plane from new York, first time in Ireland and your greeted by a fat moany prick in a 94 VW jetta with 400,000 miles on the clock. You'd be surprised some of them don't turn around and get back on the plane.
FFS in Skopje last summer 90% of the taxis were brand new Renault fluences
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

****s of the highest order. Let away with murder in this country for years, all the while moaning about it and telling everyone who will listen, whether they want to or not. f**k off
On a side note the condition of taxis in this country is an absolute farce as well, imagine getting off the plane from new York, first time in Ireland and your greeted by a fat moany prick in a 94 VW jetta with 400,000 miles on the clock. You'd be surprised some of them don't turn around and get back on the plane.
FFS in Skopje last summer 90% of the taxis were brand new Renault fluences

Some of the other 10% were fair funny efforts thoughLOL. The last night I was there , for some reason, ended up in a late 70s/early 80s Opel Ascona. Fact is I was shocked to see one still running, so persuaded meself twas worth a spin. 

As for the Dublin Airport lads, they may have a legitimate grievance, but there are simply too many of us who remember walking home/waiting 4 hours for one to have any sympathy for them even to this day. Waterford was particularly bad pre - deregulation, you would go into an office, told to wait, and if you lived outside the city boundary (which I did) the pricks would bring each and every one of the city lads home first, even those that had arrived at the office a full 2 hours after you. Then, if they decided they hadn't made enough money that night, or were feeling in some class of generous mood, they might decide to bring you home, then fleece you for the privelege. 

I actually have this conversation about those days nearly every Saturday night with the local taxi heads when they bring up the ' black lads are taking our jobs' conversation, have to say it shuts them up exceptionally quicklyLOL. They can't argue back because they know as well as I do it is true, they pissed off so many people when they had their little cartels, now they want us to feel sorry for them when things aren't going so well. Fcuk em. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:44pm
The ones that jam on the brakes as soon as they see an orange light are the worst. Most of them do this so I've no sympathy for them.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The ones that jam on the brakes as soon as they see an orange light are the worst. Most of them do this when they have a passenger on board so I've no sympathy for them.

fixed
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

+1

One of the lads in work was saying he remember times in the late 80's where he had to walk home  on numerous ocassions (sometimes it would be 2hr walk depending on where he'd been) because there was fcuk all Taxis or if he did happen come across one the Taxi driver would say he wasn't(i.e. couldn't be arsed)  heading over to that part of Dublin .

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Aug 2012 at 9:53pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The ones that jam on the brakes as soon as they see an orange light are the worst. Most of them do this when they have a passenger on board so I've no sympathy for them.

fixed

Exactly my point Thumbs Up
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:11am
Da Scientist keep your racist opinions to yourself or you'll be banned
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:28am
Coonts the lot of them moanin all day, most of them smell like sh*te and they pick the busiest weekend in the city to go on strike ..and as for Joe Duffy? only reason that show is still on coz he has them muppets on and every gimp is listenin to it...they boil my piss.. have walked home from town on a few occasions ,so as not to get into a row with them ,and I,d,rather give the cash to Ladbrokes!Evil Smile
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic