You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria - Jayzus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 5:21pm
There's about 300,000 people after dying in Somalia in the last three years. It's so bad that there's generations of hundreds of thousands of  people now living in Kenya that can't leave refugee camps. That place cuts peoples hands off, sort them out. They are a bigger problem to the world as their pirates are robbing cargo ships.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

There's about 300,000 people after dying in Somalia in the last three years. It's so bad that there's generations of hundreds of thousands of  people now living in Kenya that can't leave refugee camps. That place cuts peoples hands off, sort them out. They are a bigger problem to the world as their pirates are robbing cargo ships.

Dodging another question? Also The US have gone into Somalia before and failed as I'm sure you're well aware.

Also the AU are there, Al Shabab out of Mogadishu, better have local forces in there than US forces

Edited by nvidic - 01 Sep 2013 at 5:56pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Dodging another question? Also The US have gone into Somalia before and failed as I'm sure you're well aware.

Also the AU are there, Al Shabab out of Mogadishu, better have local forces in there than US forces
I'd rather nobody went into these places. 100 years ago they had their heads buried in the sand and in another 100 years time they will be the same. Leave them off, let them kick the sh*t out of each other.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 6:32pm

I'd rather nobody went into these places. 100 years ago they had their heads buried in the sand and in another 100 years time they will be the same. Leave them off, let them kick the sh*t out of each other.

Can't beat casual racismClap
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 6:43pm
They used the excuse of WMD to invade iraq. None found. Im just very wary of all sides here.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 7:49pm
The boy that cried wolf springs to mind
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm

Can't beat casual racismClap
Couldn't care less what you call it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:44pm
S0 far Corkey you've

delved into a bit of casual racism (three times),

advocated America starting a war with North Korea,

said that starting a war with Syria was the same as starting a war with Korea,

said America's congress should make a law giving itself more powers(bit odd having a cut at America but then wishing for those in power to give themselves more power).

Said they should invade Somalia as 300,000 died and implied it was due to militants when in fact Al
Shabab have been driven from Mogadishu, the AU is there and America has sent military aid. They also donated $65m to help with the famine, the actual reason people died.

Said that no Irish soldiers are going to Syria while Irish Army was preparing in the Glen of Imaal to go to the Golan Heights.

Said that they had their head stuck in the sand 100 years ago despite  the fact they lived in peace as part of the Ottoman empire just over 100 years ago. Ireland was considered one of the most deprived nations on earth at the time lets not forget.

Not proposed one method to end this but instead want to leave them at it as you seem to think their lives are somewhat of less importance than our own.

Good manClap
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:17pm
I am great.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:32pm
Ye should have a pint and a hug
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Nvidic, I find your posts very naive. The idea that the Yanks would invade because the people were been killed is odd. When has that EVER been a reason they have intervened in any conflict?

This is a country that have assisinated heads of state, supported any coup that helped their business interests. And most recently invaded Iraq on garbage weapons of mass destruction reasons. Sound familiar, it should do it's the same garbage reasons they will bomb Syria into saving lives. HURRAY

I believe 100,000 freedom loving Iraqis lost their lives in the American/Allies invasion, and that was just the initial invasion and aftermath. How many other poor f**ks lost their lives after that? At the same time Haliburton's stock would have risen nicely,

Eh, they went to war with Iraq, they are not going to war here, all indications suggest it will be a short bombing campaign

Ah the old bombing things to get peace. It doesn't work ffs

To your first question; Yugoslavia

But yeah good man harking back decades to old campaigns and intrusions I'd say Obama is taking his cues from Ronald Reagan in that regard alright, simple fact is chemical weapons are being used and people slaughtered but everyone giving out somebody is finally planning to put an end to it, what would you prefer? All chat from all the Anti-Americans but not a single solution from any of ye as to how to put an end to this.

Why do you think the British parliament, said hang on this is f**king nuts. Secondly the proof that Assad was responsible for the chemical attacks has not been confirmed.

edit; just thinking about your point, its absolutely outrageous to compare the phoney WMD situation to having  concrete proof of 100,000+ dead in a two year war, millions of refugees and chemical weapons being used, how on earth do you think the two situations are in any way similar? shame on you for suggesting their plight is not real and not deserving, were you saying the same about the minorities being persecuted in Yugoslavia?

Nonsensical

Look Nvidic most of us see the Yanks intervention as been counter productive, so they should stay out of it. Yes it's a mess but that's what happens in wars.

If the Yanks do get involved it might just give Israel the balls to attack Iran's nuclear developments. All hypotehtical of course just like your one that the Yanks bombing will save lives.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:24pm
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 10:43pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:16pm
http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/09/09/no-line-on-the-horizon/
Good interview with Assad

Charlie Rose: “The United States is prepared to launch a strike against your country because they believe chemical weapons are so abhorrent that anybody who uses them crosses a red line and that therefore, if they do that they have to be taught a lesson so that they will not do it again.”

President Assad: “What red line?”

Rose: “A red line of the use of chemical weapons against your own people.”

Assad: “Who drew it?”

Rose: “The president says it was not just him but the world has drawn it in their revulsion against the use of chemical weapons. That the world has drawn that red line.”

Assad: “It’s not the world because Obama draw that line and Obama can draw that line for himself and for his country, not for other countries. We have our red lines, like our sovereignty, our independence. Well if you want to talk red lines, United States used depleted uranium in Iraq, Israel used white phosphorus in Gaza and nobody said anything. What about red lines? We don’t see red lines. It’s political red lines.”

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:23pm
Its the hypocrisy of the U.S regime that gets me,they only want to bomb Syria for their own financial gain,has obama said anything about the sacking of Maaloula I wonder

Edited by jinky - 09 Sep 2013 at 6:33pm
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:09pm
I love the faux horror the Yanks show. They must have selective memories when it comes to this sort of thing. Google image search agent orange Vietnam, I think America should do the same. 

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 9:42pm
Anyone watching the programme on bbc2 about the Syrian refugee camp in Jordan?
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 3:32pm
52 minutes, but this should be watched by anybody who has an interest in the actual reality of what's been going on in Syria for the past 6 years.

Can't embed cos I'm a luddite  

Edited by heighway2heaven - 10 Dec 2016 at 3:35pm
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic