You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switzerland Match Thread (March 2024)
    Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:57pm
The John O'Shea era draws to a close.

What's the XI going to be?

I think there'll have to be 5-6 changes.

Bazunu will get a game.
Brady & Coleman are unlikely to be able for 2 games in 3 days, so Manning & Doherty in there.
Front 3 will probably change. Idah & Azaz in for Ferguson & Szmodics. Maybe Festy in for Ogbene, but I can see JOS keeping Ogbene & Szmodics in (though Blackburn have a big game vs Ipswich on Friday..).

Does O'Brien start? If so that's potentially 7 changes, hard to see JOS going that far, he won't want a loss on his record.

What I'd like to see:
Idah
Azaz----------Ogbene
Manning--Cullen--Smallbone--Doherty
O'Shea--O'Brien--Andy O
Bazunu

Obafemi, Moran, Festy & Johnston off the bench. Think it's unlikely Hodge gets on.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:02pm
Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same starting XI again. If changes happen I think we'll only see Bazunu, Doherty, and maybe one other change happening.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:27pm
I think Bazunu or Travers starts in goal 

Jake O Brien will come in I think. 

Szmodics may start but think we'll see changes at half time 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same starting XI again. If changes happen I think we'll only see Bazunu, Doherty, and maybe one other change happening.
Didn’t JOS say there would be a few changes in his post match presser? 

Bazunu 

Festy Omobamidele Collins O’Shea Manning 

Cullen Knight 

Szmodics Johnston 

Ferguson 

Edited by Greener92 - 25 Mar 2024 at 9:59pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:31pm
Be ridiculous if O'Brien doesn't start. None of those three center backs have made themselves indisposable.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:43pm
Don’t be surprised to see Same starting 11. A few changes on 60 mins.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:49pm
This is the team i would like to see but wont happen. 

Bazunu 

Omobamidele Collins O’Brien 

Festy         Azaz Knight             Manning

Ogbene        Szmodics 

Fergie

I love beer gardens
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:54pm
Greener, you named 11 outfield players. 
Too many cameras for that now. 

Pretty sure Idah will start. Would like to see Azaz in place of Ogbene. 
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Greener, you named 11 outfield players. 
Too many cameras for that now. 

Pretty sure Idah will start. Would like to see Azaz in place of Ogbene. 
LOL Whoops. Stout gone to my head 
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:00pm
I saw Kerr in an interview and he confirmed that there will be changes.
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:26pm
I'd not have Doherty anywhere close to the team.  He's rarely if ever impressed me in an Ireland shirt, and seems to have a questionable attitude. I'd keep the front three intact, and allow them to work on their chemistry.  Azaz and Hodge should hopefully see some time on the pitch.  I'd keep Collins and O'Shea in the back, while taking a good look at some of the other defending options we have available.  Might be time to let Travers get another game.  Looking forward to tomorrow.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

I'd not have Doherty anywhere close to the team.  He's rarely if ever impressed me in an Ireland shirt, and seems to have a questionable attitude. I'd keep the front three intact, and allow them to work on their chemistry.  Azaz and Hodge should hopefully see some time on the pitch.  I'd keep Collins and O'Shea in the back, while taking a good look at some of the other defending options we have available.  Might be time to let Travers get another game.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

LOL
I don't  know if its just his demeanor or body language or what.  He appears languid and disinterested.  Not the type of player to burst a gut or have the appearance of it.  He actually might be well up for it but just appears lazy because of his body language.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:07pm
He looks like the type of guy that in 10 years time will be living on some island with long hair by the beach never having watched a game since he retired. He makes chains out of beads as a hobby. 
I love beer gardens
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:09pm
Nonsense re Doherty . Yeah he appears uninterested but that’s just his demeanour . More often than not he’s been one of the better players on pitch when he’s played for us. Great ball retention , movement 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Nonsense re Doherty . Yeah he appears uninterested but that’s just his demeanour . More often than not he’s been one of the better players on pitch when he’s played for us. Great ball retention , movement 

That is bollix. More often than not? Go way will ya
I love beer gardens
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 3:06am
It was great to see Szmodics do well on Saturday, I'd like him to get more game time. Azaz and O'Brien to get starts too would be ideal. 

Start Ferg and prey he gets a goal. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

I read an interview with him and he addressed this topic with some Spurs fan. They said he seems to not run very hard or try much and Doherty said he'd be breaking his bollix. It's the body language and languid style. I like it, better then the pretend to sing the anthem kiss the badge rubbish fans love so much. 

The reason Doherty has been crap in games for Ireland is because the team is crap. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:17am
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

He's lucky to still have an Ireland career based on his performances the last 12 months. Strolling around the pitch without a care in the world.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic