You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 66>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:05pm
Right, I'm lost. Is the portal going to open again or what's the story?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Highly unlikely, I know, but depending on results, this could be the game where we secure qualification. Would be a fair old scramble for tickets if that was the case.

Applications close in early August so no one knows where will stand come this game 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
It was 100% collection for all in Georgia 2014. The Georgians never sent the tickets in time, collection was from the team hotel.

I stated a potential collection, as it is possible it may be. Would you be surprised after Gibraltar and the constant pressure applied on the fai to enforce this?

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 18 Jul 2019 at 10:30pm
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:38pm
Portal still not showing tickets for me, can everyone else see them?  Just wondering is a general glitch in which case it'll be sorted or a problem with my account that I might have to chase up.....

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Portal still not showing tickets for me, can everyone else see them?  Just wondering is a general glitch in which case it'll be sorted or a problem with my account that I might have to chase up.....

It’s not opening again until tomorrow at noon?
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

It’s not opening again until tomorrow at noon?

Ah crap!  Didn't read email properly.  Wacko

Cheers.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

It was 100% collection for all in Georgia 2014. The Georgians never sent the tickets in time, collection was from the team hotel.

I stated a potential collection, as it is possible it may be. Would you be surprised after Gibraltar and the constant pressure applied on the fai to enforce this?

One of the whole points of ticket collection at the venue was to stop, or at least minimise ticket harvesting. There were also games here & there, as Sham pointed out, that the FAI simply didn't receive tickets in time to post out, so usually a dual collection either in Dublin or match venue was arranged for those ones. 

With 3500 tickets for Swiss game, I'd safely say if you wanted to buy 100 tickets you would be grand. The prevention of ticket harvesting thing was utterly pointless, as it only ever affected independent fans. SC's were under no obligation to collect at venues, usually one or 2 nominated people from SC's got to distribute them, not quite sure on the football family/affiliates, but my guess would be they generally did not have to collect in person at venue either. 

One thing overlooked in all this is that without certain FAI employees distributing a certain percentage of tickets as they saw fit with no regard for actual attendance at games, it means more tickets in the overall pool for everyone. In theory, some other FAI employee could start doing the same thing, but with the level of scrutiny on them at the moment from a wide variety of angles, nobody in the FAI is going to start that craic just yet and hand people yet another stick to beat them with. 

Can't really see any logical reason for collections at venue this time around, would have been different if there were only 800 tickets for Swiss game. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:29pm
There will be harvesting for Georgia, 100%. With the close proximity of the games, I wouldn't rule out a collection in Georgia for both games.

I'm not saying it will happen, I just think with the close proximity to the euros and the pressure put on them by independents from here, this is a real possibility.

Sham said Georgia had never been an issue, they were in 2014, so was just correcting wrong info.

"the Swiss ffs, they’ve away allocations arranged for matches they dont know about yet and never been an issue previously with the Georgians either"

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 18 Jul 2019 at 11:43pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:52pm
Ya, that Georgia ticket collection in 2014 was set up to prevent harvesting for the upcoming Scotland game. Worked an absolute treat so it did, no regulars got left stranded and the Irish end in Glasgow was not full of lads who have probably never been to another Ireland game home or away since. Would have been awful if one of those things happened. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:54pm

There will be harvesting for Georgia, 100%. With the close proximity of the games, I wouldn't rule out a collection in Georgia for both games.

I'm not saying it will happen, I just think with the close proximity to the euros and the pressure put on them by independents from here, this is a real possibility.

Sham said Georgia had never been an issue, they were in 2014, so was just correcting wrong info.

"the Swiss ffs, they’ve away allocations arranged for matches they dont know about yet and never been an issue previously with the Georgians either"
But sure there'll be a huge chunk of people going to the Swiss game that are not going to Georgia. How on earth would they have collection for the Swiss game in Tbilisi? I'm all for a random old panic, but that's pure daft. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:03am

Collection for both in Georgia at most will be by choice. Not everybody is doing both games. So anyone not going to Tbilisi but going to Geneva simply cannot collect in Tbilisi. I cant really make this bit any clearer. 

As stated elsewhere, collection last time was a supposed effort to curb harvesting for the Scotland game (look how that worked). At that time I received my ticket from the ‘football family’ and had it in my bag before heading over. Clearly I can only speak from my own experience and as such there was no issue for me. Collection of both tickets in Georgia, if it happens will be by choice and not enforced. If Georgia alone is collection it will only be because the tickets don't arrive in time, in which case they may well, as has 
Previously happened, be available for collection in Abottstown a day or so before the team and officials depart.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

But sure there'll be a huge chunk of people going to the Swiss game that are not going to Georgia. How on earth would they have collection for the Swiss game in Tbilisi? I'm all for a random old panic, but that's pure daft. 
Whitey, have you got a degree in Rocket Science? Clearly you have in order to understand this extremely difficult logic...
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:07am
 There is no panic, why would this cause panic??

My point is with added pressure on them, dont be surprised what is pulled out the bag in October by the FAI. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:12am
There is literally zero pressure on them about tickets. You may have noticed, they have slightly bigger issues at the minute. Furthermore, the ‘system’ they have in play currently, albeit far from ideal, has a lot more transparency than the one in use in 2014. Bar a few oversights here and there which is unfortunate for those involved but sh*t happens, then ticketing has been pretty much handled well enough.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:22am

My point is with added pressure on them, dont be surprised what is pulled out the bag in October by the FAI. 
Let's roll with this example.

A person currently has return flights booked directly to and from Geneva to attend the Swiss game.
The FAI decide that tickets for the Swiss game will be allocated in Tbilisi a few days before it.
How does this person get their Swiss ticket?
Panic on a scale we've never seen before would break out.
Maybe you are suggesting that people who book tickets for both games would collect in Tbilisi, but that's not what you wrote.

Edited by whitesideOnside - 19 Jul 2019 at 12:31am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:44am
The reason for the collection in Georgia in 2014 was because they hadn't received the tickets from the Georgian FA in time. As far as I recall, there was no express mention of it having anything to do with Scotland, albeit there were some indications from the FAI staff in Georgia that we should all be grand for Scotland.

I have the two emails, the first from Friday 29 August 2014 (9 days before the game):

Originally posted by FAI FAI wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per our last communication, you have been successful in your application for tickets for Georgia v ROI on Sunday September 7th.

We are still awaiting confirmation from the Georgian FA on the price of the tickets which they are allocating to our fans, and therefore we are not currently in a position to inform you of the balance that you are required to pay for your ticket. We will communicate this to you at the very earliest opportunity, with instructions on how to pay the balance of your application.

We can, however, confirm that given the time constraints between receiving the information, and the date of the game, the tickets will be held for your collection at the stadium in Tblisi on the day of the game.

We will confirm the ticket collection point and timings with all supporters as soon as we have this information at the beginning of next week once we have the finalised details from the Georgian FA.

We appreciate your patience on this matter and will be in contact with further information as soon as we have it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.

Regards,

FAI Ticketing Team

Then a second email on Wednesday 3 September 2014 (4 days before the game):

Originally posted by FAI FAI wrote:

Dear Supporters,

We can now confirm that all tickets for the fixture against Georgia in Tbilisi this Sunday September 7th,17.00 KO, will be collected upon arrival in Georgia.

You will have two options for collecting your tickets. You can either collect your tickets from the team hotel on Saturday 6th September between 3pm-8pm where members of the FAI team will have your tickets. The team hotel is to be the Marriott Tbilisi Hotel which is located on Rustaveli Avenue.

Your second option is to collect tickets from a collection point at the Dinamo Arena on Sunday 7th September from 3pm-KO. This collection point will also be managed by members of the FAI team.

We kindly ask all supporters to please bring suitable proof of identification with them confirming their name and address.

The tickets are priced at €9 and €7. Those whom have paid their deposit of €10 will be credited with the difference to their FAI account within 14 days. For those supporters who are yet to pay a deposit, you will be required to pay for your ticket at your chosen collection point. Please note that only cash payments will be accepted.

We apologise for the lack of information that has been able to be communicated for this fixture, however this has been a matter that has been out of the control of the FAI.

We thank you for your continued support and wish you a safe and pleasant trip.

Kind Regards,

The FAI Ticketing Team

The collection had nothing to do with harvesting and everything to do with the Georgian FA not sending the tickets to Ireland in time. And if you had paid the €10 deposit beforehand, you didn't have to pay for the ticket.

Incidentally, I don't think they ever refunded me the couple of euro difference, though I could be wrong on that. I haven't double checked that.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:47am
I didn't receive a refund either. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:49am

LOLLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 66>
  Share Topic