You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Superdave 84 and trains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Dave, i know a fella who took a train from london to Beijing... ever consider such a trip?

(he flew home unsupprisngly)

I know a guy who went from Limerick Junction to Beijing, he's hardcore and saw any flying as cheating...

It's very much on my bucket list - I hope to do it in the next 3 years

What a hero!   
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Dave, i know a fella who took a train from london to Beijing... ever consider such a trip?

I know a guy who went from Limerick Junction to Beijing, he's hardcore and saw any flying as cheating...

What a hero!   

Thats nothing I know a few lads who have done this journey below.Its has everything you need ,like going back in time some of the spots you go through.Hardcore.
Heuston-Portarlington-Tullamore-Clara-Athlone-Roscommon-Castlerea-Manulla-Foxford-Ballina
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

What a hero!   

Thats nothing I know a few lads who have done this journey below.Its has everything you need ,like going back in time some of the spots you go through.Hardcore.
Heuston-Portarlington-Tullamore-Clara-Athlone-Roscommon-Castlerea-Manulla-Foxford-Ballina

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 11:40pm

Manulla? Jesus how did they manage to get to the Phillipines?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 1:43am

Only station in Ireland that passenger's cant enter or leave Shocked

Edited by rossieman - 17 May 2014 at 1:47am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Alright: first things first, London to Luton Airport Parkway - it's expensive no matter what. Look at easybus.co.uk, it's cheap enough and I think it starts at earl's court.

Secondly: I'd love to do the trans siberian but I don't have the time. The longest I've done overland is Prague - Vienna (Austria v Ireland) - Munich - Dusseldorf - Dortmund (Dortmund v Hamburg) - Dusseldorf - Brussels - London - Manchester (United v Bayer Leverkusen) - Liverpool - Holyhead - Dublin, in the space of ten days, last September. I don't mind spending that long on trains so I'm sure the trans sib is great fun. I'd fly back, too.
That's nothing. I did Dublin-London-Paris-Milan-Venice-Florence-Rome-Naples-Rome-Paris-London-Blackburn-Dublin entirely on trains when I was only a garsún.
Sid looked a fair trip then i saw Blackbum , my question is why in the holy mother feck would you want to stop there for Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:35am
DaveyBoy...having trouble booking train
I'm putting in my name when booking seat
I'm paying with wife's debit visa(in her name)
Do these both have to match?
When I finish trying to make Payment it says details on this card don't match?
I'm fooling baffled here
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Only station in Ireland that passenger's cant enter or leave Shocked

not true LOL 

fell asleep one time between westport and castlebar and woke up before manulla , had to get out there so i looked around to see how I could get off the platform , crossed the track and then climbed up the steep steps cut into the ditch beside the railway bridge up to the road , at this stage i had no idea where to go so i gambled on left, about a mile later i hit the main claremorris castlebar road and thumbed a lift into castlebar in plenty of time for work.

to this day i panic when i think i could have gone right , there is nothing out there , nothing ! LOL 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:50am
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:04pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:08pm
Some craic on this train....

China is considering building a high-speed railway across the Siberia and Bering Strait to Alaska, across Canada to the US. In not so distant future, people can take the train from China to the US, according to Beijing Times Thursday citing Wang Mengshu, a railway expert and academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.

The proposed journey will start from China's northeast region, cross Siberia to Bering Strait, and run across the Pacific Ocean by undersea tunnel to reach Alaska, from Alaska to Canada, then on to its final destination, the US. To cross Bering Strait will require approximately 200km undersea tunnel, the technology, which is already in place will also be used on Fujian to Taiwan high-speed railway tunnel. The project will be funded and constructed by China. The details of this project are yet to be finalized.

cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:15pm
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Some craic on this train....

China is considering building a high-speed railway across the Siberia and Bering Strait to Alaska, across Canada to the US. In not so distant future, people can take the train from China to the US, according to Beijing Times Thursday citing Wang Mengshu, a railway expert and academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.

The proposed journey will start from China's northeast region, cross Siberia to Bering Strait, and run across the Pacific Ocean by undersea tunnel to reach Alaska, from Alaska to Canada, then on to its final destination, the US. To cross Bering Strait will require approximately 200km undersea tunnel, the technology, which is already in place will also be used on Fujian to Taiwan high-speed railway tunnel. The project will be funded and constructed by China. The details of this project are yet to be finalized.

So you'll be able to take a train from Aberdeen to Alaska. Holy smokes Shocked

And less of all these stories about my mate and his train from limerick to Bejing... boats are clearly cheating. You wouldn't catch Dave hopping on a quick boat... he would swim if there was no train available.

Edited by londonirish - 21 May 2014 at 12:28pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

DaveyBoy...having trouble booking train
I'm fooling baffled here

They don't have to match. Just put in your name as the passenger name but her name as the name on the card.

E.g. this name when I booked:

Just make sure the name on the card is the name put in at the payment stage.

Also, it doesn't matter if the seat reservation displays her name - your ticket will have the seat number so if anyone is sitting in your seat, kick 'em out.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 7:19am
Cheers Dave the problem is this 3D secure,the very last step of booking
Has me baffled??
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 7:30am

[QUOTE=BigStrongMan]DaveyBoy...having trouble booking train
I'm fooling baffled here

They don't have to match. Just put in your name as the passenger name but her name as the name on the card.

E.g. this name when I booked:

Just make sure the name on the card is the name put in at the payment stage.

Also, it doesn't matter if the seat reservation displays her name - your ticket will have the seat number so if anyone is sitting in your seat, kick 'em out.    

A few lads I know put use the names of Ireland legends when traveling up for games.   Sitting in the seats of Paul McGrath , Ray Houghton etc all add to the pre match excitement and nerves
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:50pm

Has me baffled??

Ah.... if the wife is registered for it, she'll need to put in her password details. If she's not, it should be easy enough to register.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:56pm

Has me baffled??

Ah.... if the wife is registered for it, she'll need to put in her password details. If she's not, it should be easy enough to register.

yeah the 3D secure is a fairly new thing BSM , your missus needs to register
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic