You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Superdave 84 and trains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:36am
Dave, i know a fella who took a train from london to Beijing... ever consider such a trip?

(he flew home unsupprisngly)
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

SuperDave, what's the cheapest train route from Central London to Luton Airport Parkway?

I'll be going one-way on Sunday June 1st

Depends where you're coming from. They all go trhough london St Pancras, but you can pick it up in london Bridge, the city, blackfrars and farringdon... also places north like cricklewood...

what a sh1t thread LOL

Should have added that alright, closest/most accessible station from Fulham Broadway
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:43am

Dave, i know a fella who took a train from london to Beijing...
I'd say his passangers were fairly pissed off.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:46am

SuperDave, what's the cheapest train route from Central London to Luton Airport Parkway?

I'll be going one-way on Sunday June 1st

Depends where you're coming from. They all go trhough london St Pancras, but you can pick it up in london Bridge, the city, blackfrars and farringdon... also places north like cricklewood...

what a sh1t thread LOL

Should have added that alright, closest/most accessible station from Fulham Broadway
District Line to Blackfriats and get the Thamelsink that londonirish mentioned from there.

Alternatively District Line to Victoria and get a bus (National Express, Terravision definitely go from there, possibly EasyBus too).

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What's confusing ya? BSM stays out near the IT in Renmore and the Citylink stops there

I was confused becuase i didnt know the citylink was a train.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

What's confusing ya? BSM stays out near the IT in Renmore and the Citylink stops there

I was confused becuase i didnt know the citylink was a train.

Cheers lads,train down,bus home
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:16am
LOL
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 1:09pm

Dave, i know a fella who took a train from london to Beijing... ever consider such a trip?

I went from Helsinki to Beijing after fnishing college. Fantastic trip. Stopped off in Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and Ulan Bataar.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I went from Helsinki to Beijing after fnishing college. Fantastic trip. Stopped off in Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and Ulan Bataar.

What was Ulan Bataar in Mongolia like? Looks a mad auld spot

Karl Pilkington dressed up in the wrestling outfit was gas

Edited by irishmufc - 16 May 2014 at 1:25pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 1:37pm
I've done Tara St to Dalkey a few times,not a bad oul trek
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

That's the trip. Trans-Siberia right? Add on, london to paris to moscow....

Mongolia was apparently incredible
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 3:23pm
Alright: first things first, London to Luton Airport Parkway - it's expensive no matter what. Look at easybus.co.uk, it's cheap enough and I think it starts at earl's court.

Secondly: I'd love to do the trans siberian but I don't have the time. The longest I've done overland is Prague - Vienna (Austria v Ireland) - Munich - Dusseldorf - Dortmund (Dortmund v Hamburg) - Dusseldorf - Brussels - London - Manchester (United v Bayer Leverkusen) - Liverpool - Holyhead - Dublin, in the space of ten days, last September. I don't mind spending that long on trains so I'm sure the trans sib is great fun. I'd fly back, too.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:18pm

What was Ulan Bataar in Mongolia like? Looks a mad auld spot  
Yeah just beyond weird really. Not a real world at all. Normal buildings on the main street and then tents with cows on it across the road. Bizzare spot.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:20pm
What do you make of China's plans to build 1500kph trains in vacuum tunnels?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Alright: first things first, London to Luton Airport Parkway - it's expensive no matter what. Look at easybus.co.uk, it's cheap enough and I think it starts at earl's court.

Secondly: I'd love to do the trans siberian but I don't have the time. The longest I've done overland is Prague - Vienna (Austria v Ireland) - Munich - Dusseldorf - Dortmund (Dortmund v Hamburg) - Dusseldorf - Brussels - London - Manchester (United v Bayer Leverkusen) - Liverpool - Holyhead - Dublin, in the space of ten days, last September. I don't mind spending that long on trains so I'm sure the trans sib is great fun. I'd fly back, too.
That's nothing. I did Dublin-London-Paris-Milan-Venice-Florence-Rome-Naples-Rome-Paris-London-Blackburn-Dublin entirely on trains when I was only a garsún.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 8:47pm
Dave do you whats the craic with the €59 trains to Germany from London? The prices appear to have increased but can't find confirmation anywhere.

To add to the conments above...One of my many dreams is to do the trans-siberian. I will do it!

Edited by colemanY2K - 16 May 2014 at 8:50pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:43pm

I know a guy who went from Limerick Junction to Beijing, he's hardcore and saw any flying as cheating...

It's very much on my bucket list - I hope to do it in the next 3 years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic