You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Surprised that Arsenal spent the most.
Without being biased I think Spurs has the best. Only lost Trippier but got 3 good players in.

Not sure how to define best summer signing but certainly one of the clubs who have made the shrewdest number of signings is Brighton. Among the new arrivals Mooy, Trossard and Maupay stand out as players who could have a significant impact on their survival. In fact I don't see them anywhere near the relegation spots come May. One other important signing is Potter. Expect a radically different style of play from the seagulls this season with Montoya and March bombing on from their wingback positions.

At the other end of the scale is Everton. A scatter gun approach from them in the transfer market. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Silva is bulleted before the end of the season. 
Yeah Everton have weakened if anything. If Kean works out great, but losing Zouma/Gueye is a loss at the back, I've not seen enough of Iwobi but is he really that much of an upgrade on Sigurdson/Richarlison/Bernard?

He's completely different to those players tbh. He's great at dribbling at pace with the ball, but can often lack the end product as he's not as technically gifted as Sigurdsson or Bernard. He improved a lot under Emery, seemed to play with more confidence and was a good impact player off the bench at times. It's a pity he didn't succeed at Arsenal as he has a good attitude. If he can get a level of consistency, he'll be a good player for Everton.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:25pm

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Without being biased I think Spurs has the best. Only lost Trippier but got 3 good players in.

Not sure how to define best summer signing but certainly one of the clubs who have made the shrewdest number of signings is Brighton. Among the new arrivals Mooy, Trossard and Maupay stand out as players who could have a significant impact on their survival. In fact I don't see them anywhere near the relegation spots come May. One other important signing is Potter. Expect a radically different style of play from the seagulls this season with Montoya and March bombing on from their wingback positions.

At the other end of the scale is Everton. A scatter gun approach from them in the transfer market. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Silva is bulleted before the end of the season. 
one swallow does not make a summer but... that was quite a result for Brighton today. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 9:48am

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

one swallow does not make a summer but... that was quite a result for Brighton today. 
It certainly made my Saturday night!
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic