You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13731374137513761377 1451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:52pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:38am

Cracking game yesterday which Sunderland deserved to win.

Two excellent goals from Neil and Winchester 

Flanagan Neil and Winchester our best players.

Winchester should get a call up for the North on this form.  

This start to the season has been SAFCs best start to a season in over one hundred years! 

Let's hope we can keep it going.

Lovely weighted pass from Aido for Winchesters goal.
๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Sep 2021 at 6:43am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:12am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:37pm
From a mate of mine.

Feckin Brexit.

Angry

To say I am livid is an understatement. I am a lifelong Sunderland fan living in Dublin. Because of disability I don't get to travel over to matches. Recently (July) I made a purchase from the club shop totalling £166.69. The goods duly arrived at my door less than 48 hours later. I was very impressed with the speed of delivery and very happy with my purchase despite the big hole in my finances. ๐Ÿ˜‚. Anyway that was that, or so I thought, until this morning I get a letter from FedEx, the clubs choice of courier, with a demand for โ‚ฌ89.24, charges for importing the goods into the EU, Clearance charges plus VAT, therefore increasing the cost of my purchase by approximately 50%.

I would not have made the purchase had I been aware of the additional charges. I was already stretching myself to make to original purchase but I like to show my support for the club I have followed since I was 8 years old.

I am absolutely furious that these extortionate charges are being added thanks to Brexit as I never had this problem before. The club needs to state on the shop site that import charges will apply for goods being imported to EU countries and that these charges will substantially increase the cost of your purchase, in this case by 50%. Needless to say the only future purchases I will be making from the club shop will be in person should I get the opportunity to travel over. I just want fans to be aware that this is what's happening if you want to purchase club merchandise and are not lucky enough to live in the beautiful city of Sunderland.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:28pm
From your club shop website:

For any customer purchasing adult clothing and souvenirs outside of the UK, VAT is deducted from the total price of your items at the standard UK rate of 20%. 

Children's clothing is exempt from VAT in the UK and is therefore charged at 0% thus no tax is added in the price quoted by The SAFC Store at www.safcstore.com. ;

Products are shown inclusive of VAT, but this will be recalculated when you purchase your goods. 

Any customs or import duties are levied once the package reaches its destination country outside of the UK. 

Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. 

We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. 

Customs policies vary widely from country to country and we advise you to contact your local customs office for further information. 

The UK is no longer in the EU single market or customs union meaning all EU countries will now be subject to these additional taxes and duties charges.

Edited by Sham157 - 15 Sep 2021 at 2:28pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

From your club shop website:

For any customer purchasing adult clothing and souvenirs outside of the UK, VAT is deducted from the total price of your items at the standard UK rate of 20%. 

Children's clothing is exempt from VAT in the UK and is therefore charged at 0% thus no tax is added in the price quoted by The SAFC Store at www.safcstore.com. ;

Products are shown inclusive of VAT, but this will be recalculated when you purchase your goods. 

Any customs or import duties are levied once the package reaches its destination country outside of the UK. 

Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. 

We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. 

Customs policies vary widely from country to country and we advise you to contact your local customs office for further information. 

The UK is no longer in the EU single market or customs union meaning all EU countries will now be subject to these additional taxes and duties charges.

Thanks for posting that the joys of brexit.

๐Ÿ˜ 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:49pm
Might be an idea to tell your mate to always check the FAQs if purchasing from non EU sites. Some include the extra charges in your total and pay it on your behalf while others leave you to be stung on the doorstep. But 99.9% of legit sites will have the info available. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Might be an idea to tell your mate to always check the FAQs if purchasing from non EU sites. Some include the extra charges in your total and pay it on your behalf while others leave you to be stung on the doorstep. But 99.9% of legit sites will have the info available. 

Thanks I will do.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm

Things were certainly different back then.

Yes it was even before my time.

Big smile 

On This Day (16 Sep 1936): The Champions of England and ...

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2021/9/16/22675956/on-this-day-16-sep...

4 hours ago ยท On This Day (16 Sep 1936): The Champions of England and Scotland clash at Roker Park! On this day 85 years ago, Sunderland and Celtic go head-to-head to 

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:04pm
Nice find!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Nice find!

It was a sad coincidence about the two keepers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:37pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 4:37pm
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:11pm

Good interview.

Thanks for posting that piece DM very good read I really like Lee he's a very likable guy in my opinion and let's hope he has a long and successful career at Sunderland, I think we're in for a tough game today but still confident of a win
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Doublemaxim<div><br></div><div>Good interview.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><a href=https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/12403261/lee-johnson-interview-sunderland-boss-on-philosophy-culture-leadership-groups-dan-neil-and-promotion target=_blank rel=nofollow>https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/12403261/lee-johnson-interview-sunderland-boss-on-philosophy-culture-leadership-groups-dan-neil-and-promotion</a></div><div>Thanks for posting that piece DM very good read I really like Lee he's a very likable guy in my opinion and let's hope he has a long and successful career at Sunderland, I think we're in for a tough game today but still confident of a win</div>[/QUOTE Doublemaxim

Good interview.

Thanks for posting that piece DM very good read I really like Lee he's a very likable guy in my opinion and let's hope he has a long and successful career at Sunderland, I think we're in for a tough game today but still confident of a win
[/QUOTE wrote:

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Originally posted by Doublemaxim<div><br></div><div>Good interview.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><a href=https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/12403261/lee-johnson-interview-sunderland-boss-on-philosophy-culture-leadership-groups-dan-neil-and-promotion target=_blank rel=nofollow>https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/12403261/lee-johnson-interview-sunderland-boss-on-philosophy-culture-leadership-groups-dan-neil-and-promotion</a></div><div>Thanks for posting that piece DM very good read I really like Lee he's a very likable guy in my opinion and let's hope he has a long and successful career at Sunderland, I think we're in for a tough game today but still confident of a win</div></td></tr></table>
[/QUOTE Doublemaxim

Good interview.

[/QUOTE wrote:

Its still early days with Lee Johnson but I like his style he seems to have installed a togetherness amongst the players.

I think today will be a test former former Sunderland manager Simon Grayson will have Fleetwood up for it but hopefully SAFC will keep the good form going.

Its still early days with Lee Johnson but I like his style he seems to have installed a togetherness amongst the players.

I think today will be a test former former Sunderland manager Simon Grayson will have Fleetwood up for it but hopefully SAFC will keep the good form going.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:37pm

Big smile 

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/watch-leon-dajakus-hilarious-sunderland-initiation-song-as-winger-travels-with-the-squad-to-fleetwood-3388030
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm
Jaysus would the "two" of you ever learn to use the quote or hyperlink function?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13731374137513761377 1451>
  Share Topic