You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

government have to come down of the fence either Airbrudges work or ban all passenger flights and force the airlines to refund passengers.

How is flying to Greece who have had 200 deaths not safer than staying in Ireland with 2000 deaths 😁

Complete straw man argument I saw Ryanair tweeted yesterday and hadn’t thought many Gobsh*tes would’ve bought it.

200 deaths over the past few months when there were no tourists visiting on holidays and the place was in lockdown. Open up sesame and you have tourists from around Europe and maybe beyond arriving on their shores with no quarantine. Safer me bollicks
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

government have to come down of the fence either Airbrudges work or ban all passenger flights and force the airlines to refund passengers.

No they dont! They have simply said non essential travel is not advised. it's as simple as that! 
If Ryanair or Aer Lingus have flights running then they are doing so off their own back. If the Government were to come out and say shut everything they will be liable for all costs from all transportation companies. 
Any gobsh*te that heads away to Disneyland or scumzarote should be shot with balls of their own sh*t. They are not covered under their travel insurance and will be held liable for costs if they are required to go into quarantine while overseas.  I'm off to Dundalk with BSM baby

Bring yer lycra and we'll go for a ride

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

No they dont! They have simply said non essential travel is not advised. it's as simple as that! 
If Ryanair or Aer Lingus have flights running then they are doing so off their own back. If the Government were to come out and say shut everything they will be liable for all costs from all transportation companies. 
Any gobsh*te that heads away to Disneyland or scumzarote should be shot with balls of their own sh*t. They are not covered under their travel insurance and will be held liable for costs if they are required to go into quarantine while overseas.  I'm off to Dundalk with BSM baby

Bring yer lycra and we'll go for a ride
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Stopped in to PP bookies beside the Belcamp earlier, what pandemic LOL all sorts running from pub to bookies and back all on top of each other in bookies and smoking outside the boozer, and not a hope in hell anybody getting asked to leave either I was told LOL

That sounds like the sh*ttest sun holiday ever
LOL
Id say your favorite group is simple minds franko 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Stopped in to PP bookies beside the Belcamp earlier, what pandemic LOL all sorts running from pub to bookies and back all on top of each other in bookies and smoking outside the boozer, and not a hope in hell anybody getting asked to leave either I was told LOL

That sounds like the sh*ttest sun holiday ever
LOL
Id say your favorite group is simple minds franko 
* I’d, favourite.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

How is flying to Greece who have had 200 deaths not safer than staying in Ireland with 2000 deaths 😁

Complete straw man argument I saw Ryanair tweeted yesterday and hadn’t thought many Gobsh*tes would’ve bought it.

200 deaths over the past few months when there were no tourists visiting on holidays and the place was in lockdown. Open up sesame and you have tourists from around Europe and maybe beyond arriving on their shores with no quarantine. Safer me bollicks

I have been saying it for months ffs - if Ireland was serious about a quarantine it woukd have included the uk which is the worst performing country by a mile

The fact that it doesn’t for a nunber of reasons tells you all you need to know about how serious they take a quarantine - the rest is just window dressing

Don’t go to Greece it’s not compulsory 

Edited by Newryrep - 02 Jul 2020 at 6:46pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:59pm
If people can just swan in and out of the country then its inevitable that it will spread around again. Remember how it started. Im not sure how you get round it i will be honest but as long as there is travel between countries the virus will be spreading. Its a tough situation.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:13pm

I have been saying it for months ffs - if Ireland was serious about a quarantine it woukd have included the uk which is the worst performing country by a mile

The fact that it doesn’t for a nunber of reasons tells you all you need to know about how serious they take a quarantine - the rest is just window dressing

It does include the UK NR !  Well, the rest of the UK that isn't NI anyways.

Edited by Borussia - 02 Jul 2020 at 7:18pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It does include the UK NR !  Well, the rest of the UK that isn't NI anyways.

Not a mission the flight I am on was on the people were quarantining - you are supposed to give contact details which is fair enough quaranting from GB is pretty impractical 

Edited by Newryrep - 02 Jul 2020 at 9:21pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Have a trip to Dingle booked for August, never been so looking forward to it. 

You driving down?

Great spot Dingle is. Did the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle peninsula last year.

Might try and head down again soon.

Anything you'd suggest for that trip HB?  

Doing this in 2 weeks time. Planning to spend 4 days there. Will be getting the train to Killarney and getting a rental from there.

Thinking of doing the following;

Day 1: Dingle
Day 2: Killarney - Torc Waterfall, The National Park, Muckross/Ross Castle, Gap of Dunloe
Day 3: Driving the Ring of Kerry - Cahersiveen, Portmagee/Valentia Island (I think the Skelligs are closed), Waterville, then into Kenmare for the night.
Day 4: - Spend the day in and around Kenmare.
Day 5: Drive back to Killarney and drop the car off. Train home.

Is that trying to cram too much in? Or is it spending too little time in Dingle and too much in Kenmare?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 5:36pm
It's not too much, it's doable.

The Dingle side of things is a lot better IMO - I've done it the last 3 years.

The fish box is meant to be very popular place to eat and the Boatyard too, Dick Macs for pints but it was closed and due to be open on Monday

Inch beach is worth dropping into if your passing.

Check this out - https://www.theirishroadtrip.com/48-hours-in-kerry/?fbclid=IwAR1qGgNOWIX5s2wvn_WiIpPUMoCADLph7F012bwCfuvLrs-0tTpq93H_-9I

There is also a group on Facebook too called 'The Irish Road Trip'

In Dingle, I'd go to Dunquin pier\Dun Chaoin Pier and do the Slea Head drive and the Conor Pass etc..

Also Coumeenoole Beach too

There is a look out we stumbled across at the Aghadoe Hotel which overlooks all the lake and all the islands. The google pictures don't do it justice.

I'd drive to the Torc waterfall as it's on the way to the Gap of Dunloe as opposed to walking to it via the Killarney park, might save you some time.

Derrynane beach is also good spot but a bit of pain to get too. You can do all sorts of water sports there too

In Valencia Island, I'd head up to Geokaun mountains and the Bray Head, and the Kerry Cliffs in Portmagee too.

Rossbeigh strand is nice for a stroll if you passing by too.

You'll probably stumbled across things that might interest you more along the way too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:05pm
Spain gonna be on this green list?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Have a trip to Dingle booked for August, never been so looking forward to it. 

You driving down?

Great spot Dingle is. Did the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle peninsula last year.

Might try and head down again soon.

Anything you'd suggest for that trip HB?  

Doing this in 2 weeks time. Planning to spend 4 days there. Will be getting the train to Killarney and getting a rental from there.

Thinking of doing the following;

Day 1: Dingle
Day 2: Killarney - Torc Waterfall, The National Park, Muckross/Ross Castle, Gap of Dunloe
Day 3: Driving the Ring of Kerry - Cahersiveen, Portmagee/Valentia Island 

Jaysis treating your holiday like a task list.  Are you doing an excel spreadsheet too 

Edited by Baldrick - 17 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:15pm
that view of the lake is class alright.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 8:05pm
had Greece booked on October but no way atm it’s just too dodgy.
Me self and my better half are looking at a four night away in two or three hotels instead, pool and spa included. Looking at three spots we’ve not been to here yet, Derry, Cavan and Sligo, any recommendations folks? Been to Sligo and Derry for football but not stayed over.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Not a hope, 1,400 cases today.

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

had Greece booked on October but no way atm it’s just too dodgy.
Me self and my better half are looking at a four night away in two or three hotels instead, pool and spa included. Looking at three spots we’ve not been to here yet, Derry, Cavan and Sligo, any recommendations folks? Been to Sligo and Derry for football but not stayed over.

I am just back from Greece, was sensational. They handled covid very well, they do a lot of testing. They tested more than half the people that got of my flight I would say.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm

No chance and apparently Spain includes the canaries 

No idea if it’s true but the green list apparently includes a small host of countries such as

Faroe Islands
Estonia
Greece 
Slovenia 

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

No chance and apparently Spain includes the canaries 

No idea if it’s true but the green list apparently includes a small host of countries such as

Faroe Islands
Estonia
Greece 
Slovenia 

LOL
The Faroes is a depressing kip but I’d happily head off to the other 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>
  Share Topic