You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Concerts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:17am
Don Henley was the last big one I went to with the ex, I think. Forgot the Eagles were playing a few days ago. Unhappy

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 30 Jun 2022 at 12:11pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 12:38pm
Our selection of venues around the capital just aren’t that great. At best you get Lansdowne, Croker or the Point, which are all within walking distance of some sort of centralised hub. Kilmainham is a little more awkward, but the same applies. It’s when you start going to fields in the suburbs, or further outside Dublin it becomes a bit of a logistics nightmare.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:42pm
Yeah you're talking 45,000 people looking for a taxi at the exact same time, eveyr round trip to town is probably 40 mns, so even the person getting the second far has walked 40mns at that stage
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 2:15pm
In fact, I probably dislike Marley more than Slane and Punchestown. It’s the sense of being close to home or the city. At least with Shane, if you bus it, you know you’re 30 minutes walk from the venue, and more when you factor in the queue and actually get into the arena. You know what you’re getting.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah you're talking 45,000 people looking for a taxi at the exact same time, eveyr round trip to town is probably 40 mns, so even the person getting the second far has walked 40mns at that stage

Yeah that's the main problem I suppose, no special buses or anything put on for people going to the concerts. I've gone to sporting events in other countries where the stadium was far from public transport, and feeder buses where put on for free (covered by the State) to bring you to and from city centre before and after the gig. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 3:52pm
15 minute walk home from Marlay😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In fact, I probably dislike Marley more than Slane and Punchestown. It’s the sense of being close to home or the city. At least with Shane, if you bus it, you know you’re 30 minutes walk from the venue, and more when you factor in the queue and actually get into the arena. You know what you’re getting.
YEah, loads of people saw that there was a 16 bus leaving Marley at 11pm and thought "I'll get that". One bus barely scratched the surface on the crowd.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

The reports of getting in to and home from the gigs in Marley park and Malahide Castle would completely turn me off going to gigs there tbh. Queuing for nearly 2km to get in and then no transport after the gig is crazy. 

Bit of pre planning and your grand Gaz..

Return bus to town for marlay park is the job. Malahide grand to get to , home head towards yellow walls road and you will get a cab no hassle ..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:27am
green day was a brilliant gig. RHCP were only alright
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Yeah I was very impressed with that gig, second time seeing them, they're excellent live. Lead singer is 50 now - some energy
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 5:58pm

Wasnt at the Chili's so dont know about their actual performance but the setlist looked pure quality. They got rid of all the dross from the last 2 album without John and played some proper classics like Suck My Kiss, What is Soul, Nobody Weird Like Me, Sir Psycho Sexy and They're Red Hot.

Im actually raging I didn't go thinking they'd be playing more of their main stream radio songs of the last 20 years, the didn't even play Under the Bridge like!

See they had to cancel their Glasgow gig tonight due to illness?

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Jul 2022 at 5:59pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 6:29pm
Went to see them in London, were very good.

Good mix of different albums alright. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 9:39pm
I recently read Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedes. He had a horrific drug addiction. His dad is a mad f**ker LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I recently read Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedes. He had a horrific drug addiction. His dad is a mad f**ker LOL

He also comes across like a raging paedo in it! Always dating underage ones
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:22pm

saw them in frankfurt about 5 years ago, a shadow of the band that played slane in 2004. what a gig that was.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

saw them in frankfurt about 5 years ago, a shadow of the band that played slane in 2004. what a gig that was.

Slane was 2003, incredible gig one of the best I've ever been to. I seen them the year before in Lansdowne too but didnt enjoy it anywhere near as much the sound was shocking bad.

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Jul 2022 at 10:42pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Slane was 2003, incredible gig one of the best I've ever been to. I seen them the year before in Lansdowne too but didnt enjoy it anywhere near as much the sound was shocking bad.
so it was.

a roasting hot day with a quality line up, queens of the stone age and foo fighters on the bill as well. iirc pj harvey was on before them.

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jul 2022 at 12:00am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 5:59am
I can't think of another band who are consistently so hot and cold in terms of sound and performance during live shows. 

As Artie said, his book is insane and well worth a read.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic