You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Concerts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Concerts
    Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 3:35pm
Some amount of gigs this summer
Going to RHCP tonight - anyone been to Marley?
Seems like Monday was a disaster but heard nothing about last night
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Last night was terrible. People had to stand for nearly 3 hours listening to Guns N' Roses
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:14pm

Monday was a car crash. Last night was fine. GnR were quality. As a local I recommend Buglers pub for pints. Costcutters around the corner for a few cans on the walk up to Marlay Pk. About a 15/20 minute walk. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:19pm

Yeah I was there Monday. I got to the door at 5pm, saw there was a queue so walked towards the back of it. Back of the queue was 1.7k away, then joined that and walked another 1.7k to the door. Bout an hour to get it. 

Inside was grand, no big queus for food/drink, music was good, sound good, gold circle well worth the extra tenner.

Afterwards I got a lift back in town but there wasn't a bus/taxi to be seen. I'd definitely get one of the Marathon official coaches there and back if doing it again. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:30pm
Heading to Crowded House tonight, friend of mine was at Gun N Roses last night shared a video to our group chat, my lord Axl Roses voice is gone
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:36pm
Videos from the GnR concerts I’ve been seeing lately seem dead. The crowds just look lethargic. Can’t help but feel the bulk of the set list being the same for over five years is helping.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Heading to Crowded House tonight, friend of mine was at Gun N Roses last night shared a video to our group chat, my lord Axl Roses voice is gone
You can’t judge on them videos. I took a few and sound is poor. Being at it it wasn’t as bad
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:53pm
So far this summer been to Tool in the 3Arena, My Chemical Romance in Kilmainham and The Killers in Malahide Castle. All very good and great to be back at summer shows 

Was suppose to see Green Day in Marley Park but covid got the better of me and didn't go. Gutted I missed it esp having a ticket since 2019 but sh*t happens and just have to take it on the chin and move on 

Heading to Elton John in Cork on Friday, looking forward too it. His last stadium show in Ireland. Next concert for after that is not til Garth Brooks in September

Edited by Healy52003 - 29 Jun 2022 at 9:54pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

So far this summer been to Tool in the 3Arena, My Chemical Romance in Kilmainham and The Killers in Malahide Castle. All very good and great to be back at summer shows 

Was suppose to see Green Day in Marley Park but covid got the better of me and didn't go. Gutted I missed it esp having a ticket since 2019 but sh*t happens and just have to take it on the chin and move on 

Heading to Elton John in Cork on Friday, looking forward too it. His last stadium show in Ireland. Next concert for after that is not til Garth Brooks in September

Your vast taste in music is like me old iPod back in the day when id rip everyones CD's just to fill it up LOL
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 11:01pm
Since living near Marlay the last few years there hasn't been any act that I'd have much interest in seeing. 
The Bronze was saying the queue on Monday was down to Whitechurch, I couldn't believe that. 
Getting out at the end is a bit of a mess too from what I remember. No buses so have to walk to the Luas. 
If you live north side it must be a pain in the arse. Same as living south side and going to malahide castle. Not worth it these days. 
The crowds going to the concerts the last 3 days have been respectable, whereas Longitude will bring out the kids with bun bags over their shoulder who can't handle their drink. 
The dark side.. And the light
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Your vast taste in music is like me old iPod back in the day when id rip everyones CD's just to fill it up LOL

Those were the days 

f**king ages it took 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:18am
I've only had one gig so far this year which was The War on Drugs. In August I've Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice and Arcade Fire, and lastly in December (I think) I'm going to The Cure. That's it for the time being
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:44am
Green Day/ Fall Out Boy/ Weezer were all excellent. Took a hour to get in and €7 a pint were the only draw backs.  The wife is evoking the terms of the marital contract in order to drag me to Westlife next week because her friend can't go.* I might have to get myself the drunkest I've ever been at a gig to survive it 

* I haven't yet told her I'm going to Glasgow in September 🤗
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Green Day/ Fall Out Boy/ Weezer were all excellent. Took a hour to get in and €7 a pint were the only draw backs.  The wife is evoking the terms of the marital contract in order to drag me to Westlife next week because her friend can't go.* I might have to get myself the drunkest I've ever been at a gig to survive it 

* I haven't yet told her I'm going to Glasgow in September 🤗
Westlife!? That's surely got to be grounds for divorce on it's own! DeadLOL

You'll certainly deserve the trip to Glasgow after that sh*te! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:21am
The reports of getting in to and home from the gigs in Marley park and Malahide Castle would completely turn me off going to gigs there tbh. Queuing for nearly 2km to get in and then no transport after the gig is crazy. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:35am
Marley Park has always been a disaster to get to and home especially for a northsider.

Any gig I've ever gone to in Malahide I've gone for pints afterwards so was easy enough to grab a taxi later. 

Trinity gig last night for crowded house exit straight in front of Pearse Station so was really handt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

The reports of getting in to and home from the gigs in Marley park and Malahide Castle would completely turn me off going to gigs there tbh. Queuing for nearly 2km to get in and then no transport after the gig is crazy. 
Yeah it'd definitely put me off going there. Those gigs were orignaally for RDS which is a world away
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:05am
Taxis are disaster to get in Dublin at the minute so can see why they'd rather stay in town with endless fares about rather that going near Marley Park.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic