You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stuart McCall in the Evening Times
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Stuart McCall in the Evening Times

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 790
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuart McCall in the Evening Times
    Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:48pm
"McCall believes that having the vast majority of the 60,000-strong crowd firmly behind the home team will help enormously.

He explained: "We had a good win at Ibrox in our last match and played well.

"Now the lads are looking forward to playing at Celtic Park. The good thing is that we will have 95 per cent of the crowd behind us.

"The Irish will only have a little singing section of 3,000. They could get drowned out.

"I'm sure they will have other supporters dotted here and there around the ground but it doesn't really matter.

"It is an old cliché but the Tartan Army can definitely be a 12th man for us. It is going to be a full house and the majority of the 60,000 supporters will be backing us..

"This match is going to be something to really relish"

 
Touts Out!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Ohhhhh Goodnesss!!

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 11692
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:53pm
Poor lad is in for some shock on the night for sure LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
Eire93 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan


Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 27
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:57pm
I would love a picture of his face and Gordon McQueens face when the Fields of Anthry is belted around Park Head!
Back to Top
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 570
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:23pm
What's he smoking?
June 2012 party time!!
Back to Top
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Avatar
My name badge won a prize

Joined: 08 May 2012
Location: Wexford
Status: Offline
Points: 4194
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
LOL
Back to Top
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Location: Co. Down
Status: Offline
Points: 1895
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:31pm
It would be interesting to know just how many Irish are going. Do we reckon 12,000 or so with 3000 in the away end?
Back to Top
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 23 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:13pm
Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL
Back to Top
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE #PANACHE

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Location: Delaney Park
Status: Offline
Points: 34445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:


Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL


In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Back to Top
Shango View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 96
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
He will only be proven wrong if the Irish are vocal in the home end and wear their colours. 
All the lads I know going are wary of wearing their colours. 
I think we need to encourage everyone on this forum to man up and wear the colours. 
Together we are stronger!!
Back to Top
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 23 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:


Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL


In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky
 
Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 
 
Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink


Edited by 1320Lichtie - 11 Nov 2014 at 3:38pm
Back to Top
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
The truth is out there

Joined: 23 Mar 2013
Location: World Wide Web
Status: Offline
Points: 5041
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:


Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 

Just as it should be and hopefully between the 2 sets of supporters we will create a great atmosphere.  The German supporters were very muted in Gelsenkirchen and the Georgians weren't much better in Tbilisi.  I'm looking forward to the atmosphere almost as much as the match.  The TA will give a great account of themselves and so will we.
Back to Top
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Location: Co. Down
Status: Offline
Points: 1895
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:


Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL


In fairness we only had 5k in gelsenkirchen lichtie and everyone was texting me to say we could be heard on german Telly and on sky
 
Im not doubting the singing volume im saying its not going to be the takeover some are suggesting on here, will be 15 percent of the stadium supporting you tops. The other 85 percent will be accepting your sing off challenge with pleasure. TongueBig smile 
 
Also outsinging the Germans was easy, it reminded me of being at Old Trafford, home support full of families and people expecting to win, wait till you lads see what the atmosphere in Warsaw is like, absolute different level from the Poles. Crazy bastards. Wink



No doubt we will we well outnumbered but there will be a huge crowd of us there, a lot more away supporters than you are use to seeing in Scotland. You are still right though it will probably only be about 15% of the stadium. 

Yeah I look forward to Warsaw! (Hopefully by that stage we will be qualified haha)
Back to Top
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Location: Iarthar Chorcaí
Status: Offline
Points: 13988
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:39pm
The Scots can belt out Flower of Scotland. Actually better stick to the sound of music pish lads
Back to Top
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 23302
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:44pm
Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

Back to Top
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 23 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:57pm
The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
OAPs apply within xx

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 28460
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

The Irish seem to be struggling to take the result of the referendum worse than we are...
LOL
Back to Top
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 18750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:


Sounds like the TA board on here when fellow Scotland fans think we will have 10k in every stadium we go to 'taking over' stadiums even though the stadium we are going to holds 60k, 5k of us usually grouped together as an away section and the other 5k are dotted all around the ground in amongst the 55k home support.... LOL


Ye agree. We will have about 7/8, 3,200 together and the rest drowned out.
Don't think McCall is far off. Hope he is
The Count never won the Young Scientist of the Year award. It still haunts him to this very day, FACT
Back to Top
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 23 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Flower of Scotland surely won't be sung, unless they replace Scotland with England?

 
Why should I not sing it? I sung it 10 year ago when support for Indy was only 20 percent, why not now when its 45, surely its more relevant than ever now we are so close. I voted yes.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.