You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange things people do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
LOL
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

One of my mates work place has snots on the wall of the cubicle and lads have written the dates that they flicked them onto the door. Oldest one up there is from july 2001 Sick

Lad in my class got caught for this when we were in 6th class. Had hundreds and hundreds of snots wiped on the inside of the cubicle that had been accumulating for a few weeks. Our principal (Ger Loughnane) went through a lengthy interview process to catch the culprit, can't even begin to describe how he reacted but was one of my funniest childhood memories LOL
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

One of my mates work place has snots on the wall of the cubicle and lads have written the dates that they flicked them onto the door. Oldest one up there is from july 2001 Sick

You never told us you were mates with a TD before?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:31pm
Load of oddballs on here freezing bread LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
What do you think the point of a freezer is?

You must be the only person who doesn't freeze bread!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:45pm
I don't freeze bread either. I get why you would but it isn't required.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I don't freeze bread either. I get why you would but it isn't required.

How else would you keep it fresh?  We'd go through a loaf once a month at the quickest, no option but to freeze it! 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
Eat it inside a couple of days. Once there are two people and you're both having a few slices a day, it doesn't take long to go through it.

Plus if you are toasting it (which is mostly what I do), you really don't need to freeze it. Bread that is a couple of days old toasts far better than fresh bread.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:05pm
Bread is my Achilles heel. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Eat it inside a couple of days. Once there are two people and you're both having a few slices a day, it doesn't take long to go through it.

Plus if you are toasting it (which is mostly what I do), you really don't need to freeze it. Bread that is a couple of days old toasts far better than fresh bread.

But sure I don't eat it inside a couple of days, that's why I'd freeze it! 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:12pm
If it takes you a month to eat a loaf of bread, why even bother?

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

But it's so cheap. A load of bread is around €1.80 and you get about 3-4 days out of it. If you don't use a whole loaf in that time why not buy a half loaf? And if it's gone off just buy another loaf. It's mad that people freeze something so cheap and easily available.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

If it takes you a month to eat a loaf of bread, why even bother?

Why not? Room in the freezer, will be eaten, saves the hassle of getting another loaf, will be toasted regardless, where's the loss? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:18pm
Not as mad as buying a freezer and not using it.

You could apply the same logic to any food that can be frozen.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:21pm

But it's so cheap. A load of bread is around €1.80 and you get about 3-4 days out of it. If you don't use a whole loaf in that time why not buy a half loaf? And if it's gone off just buy another loaf. It's mad that people freeze something so cheap and easily available.

Because of the convenience?

For what it’s worth, kids and a large family go through copious amounts of bread and it all adds up. I know of a fair few people that would consider it a crime to let bread perish because you can just get “another loaf”.

Can’t believe this discussion by the way LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm

Not as mad as buying a freezer and not using it.

You could apply the same logic to any food that can be frozen.

Not really. I use the freezer for leftovers, meat and any veggie sh*te herself consumes, would never cross my mind to put bread in there. Maybe i'm missing a trick LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm

Nearly 2 euros for a loaf of bread. I hope it’s gold plated! I buy mine at 49p which would be like 65c or something?

And there’s people freezing it to keep it fresh. Bunch of tight arses! Tongue

Edited by coyne - 07 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
After a hard brexit we all might be freezing lots of things we never thought we would.Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 80>
  Share Topic