You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange sports you have tried

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange sports you have tried
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:36pm
Have you ever tried your hand at something that would not be main stream sport wise .

Now this came up in a conversation so what have you done sports wise .

My only thing that comes to mine is Tug Of War , i was doing it for around 9 months then gave it up as the club i pulled for wanted us to train 3 times a week .
Now did manage to pull against the World Champions at the time and as you can guess we were pulled through the ground .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:40pm
I just assumed that this was TJ.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:51pm
Not sure if it qualifies as being that obscure but have been playing AFL for 15 years. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Have you ever tried your hand at something that would not be main stream sport wise .

My only thing that comes to mine is Tug Of War , i was doing it for around 9 months then gave it up as the club i pulled for wanted us to train 3 times a week .
Now did manage to pull against the World Champions at the time and as you can guess we were pulled through the ground .
you are probably one of the last people i could ever imagine partaking in a bit of rope pulling...

Tried a few sports in PE in school, olympic handball springs to mind although not that obscure. Also played rugby for my school twice in the only two games the school ever played and I remain as the schools only ever try scorer Cool
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:19pm
Jugger
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:37pm
Water Polo. Had to take up a new sport for Gaisce award in school, was swimming at the time anyway.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:39pm
For GCSE P.E we had to do Gymnastics. All boys school as well LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

For GCSE P.E we had to do Gymnastics. All boys school as well LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 3:48pm
Played indoor bowling for a year or so when I was a kid, actually good craic and really engrossing. One of the other lads there was a **** so cudnt be doing with the hassle

Edited by armahibee - 15 Jan 2020 at 3:48pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:12pm
Rugby in Finglas
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Rugby in Finglas
More commonly know as scrapping over there LOL

Edited by daithi - 15 Jan 2020 at 7:21pm
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

you are probably one of the last people i could ever imagine partaking in a bit of rope pulling...

Tried a few sports in PE in school, olympic handball springs to mind although not that obscure. Also played rugby for my school twice in the only two games the school ever played and I remain as the schools only ever try scorer Cool
Now i can see where you are coming from but size was not the issue as you get the small lads at the front and the huge lad at the back .
# 1 at the front made the calls the important man  and # 8 at the back keep everyone in pulling in a straight line , i was # 2 so my body would be quite flat and shoulders close to the floor where as the wedge shape at the rear would be quite high off the ground . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:57pm

Many a lad has been involved in Tug o war for 9 months.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Played indoor bowling for a year or so when I was a kid, actually good craic and really engrossing. One of the other lads there was a **** so cudnt be doing with the hassle

Played this for a number of years myself, always enjoyed it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
Dragon boat racing.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:03pm
Would Kickboxing be considered obscure? 

We actually had a conversation about this last week about why the other disciplines (Boxing, BJJ, Wrestling - Not the WWE version of it, even Muay Thai is more mainstream) but Kickboxing is much more alien

Edited by coyne - 15 Jan 2020 at 10:04pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:26pm
Stick to chess Coyne. Combat sports aren’t for you 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:31pm
What’s wrong with Chess like.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic