Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stoke City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:10am
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:28am
Sorenson's kicking all over the place
Out of order
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

No tackling allowed

LOL 

I really do find this whinging hilarious coming from a team that had Adams,Vieria, Keown etc... who were hardly renowned for their nice tackling.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:02pm
Fantastic 3 points for Stoke Clap
Out of order
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:07pm
Cry We are far too inconsistent we gonna struggleCry
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:27pm
GWAN STOKE!!
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

No tackling allowed

LOL 

I really do find this whinging hilarious coming from a team that had Adams,Vieria, Keown etc... who were hardly renowned for their nice tackling.

+1. Man up FFS

Excellent 3 points for Stoke Clap

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:26pm
I'd thought Stoke had been dreadfully unlucky to get nothing from the first three games but with seven garnered from the next three and a carling cup win are now nicely back on course.

SS said only one shot on target - does the woodwork(twice) not count as being on target?
Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 4:40am

Jonesy was quality.

Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Jonesy Jonesy wrote:

Jonesy was quality.

He sure was. I hope he keeps it up and doesn't revert to past form with other clubs and gives up when the going gets tougher. He's an immense player - on his day he can be as good as Drogba.

Maybe Ricky is bringing the best out in him.

And speaking of Fuller, it looks like he's not going to be out for too long after dislocating his shoulder yesterday.
ChiefGooner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefGooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by ChiefGooner ChiefGooner wrote:

I started watching tony pulis' interview this morning when he was asked about 'that tackle' against dembele of fulham the other night & was about to applaud the man for calling it wreckless BUT he then went on to say that hughes wasn't just angry about that and he was angry at losing after fielding a full team at the brittania!

If that wasn't bad enough, they then show wingnut delap come out with 'he's commited, it looked worse on the TV, there was no malice, the boy's not badly injured AND THE WORST ONE OF ALL "these things happen in football" AngryAngryAngry

Yes they do keep happening in football but especially when stoke city are playing and the english FA keep on letting these type of challenges go unpunished. I am starting to dislike this team & their manager the more I see of them which is a shame as I think that they should be applauded for staying in the premiership on a limited budget but not at the expense of fellow professionals health and wellbeing. 

I didn't see that tackle so can't comment on it. But what do you want to do - ban the sliding tackle altogether? Football is a contact sport and it should stay that way. Most people argue that footballer is gone too soft these days. Look at Nani last week - pathetic. I think it's refreshing to see a team that get stuck in and get results. Obviously it's not as good as watching Barca or good passing teams but it takes all sorts to make the world. If a player goes out to deliberatly injure a player, however, they should be heavily punished. Nobody wants to see injuries or mistimed challenges.

It is no coincidence that the majority of people here complaining are Arsenal fans. They are not capable of dealing with teams like this because Wenger doesn't know how to buy a good keeper, centre half or holding midfielder.
As long as they stick within the rules i like Tony Pulis and Stoke. They are a tough tackling, no nonsense bunch of mother fookers Thumbs%20Up

This isn't a 'everyones against arsenal' topic, it's about stoke city which is why I mentioned the tackle against fulham. The last line above says it all 'As long as they stick within the rules...' which I don't believe they always do.
As for their fans, my best mate (who supports spurs) says that the story of their wonderful and loud support at the brittania is greatly exaggerated!
...and as for the moanu fans talking about past arsenal teams, don't get me started on scholes getting away with 'mistimed' tackles for years Wink
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:08pm

Can anyone find a link to Pulis's transfers since Stoke got into the Premier League? He has signed some amount of players with most of them only ending up being subs or bit part players.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:16pm
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/stoke-city-have-spent-120m-more-than-arsenal-since-tony-pulis-too

Here's the yearly breakdown:

ARSENAL STOKE
12/13 8.6 20.1
11/12 -17.5 15.9
10/11 6.8 11
09/10 -31 17
08/09 -3.6 16
07/08 13.4 -0.25
06/07 -17 -0.1
Total in £Ms -40.3 79.65

irish_stokey View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irish_stokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:19pm
COYBIG
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by irish_stokey irish_stokey wrote:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/stoke-city-transfers.html

Walters for £2.75m...what a bargain    Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:33pm
5.5 million for Dave Kitson LOL
irish_stokey View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_stokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

5.5 million for Dave Kitson LOL

Just when i thought i had blocked that out of my mind for ever Cry
COYBIG
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 7:29pm
To be fair to pulis though, stoke are still there, at a crucial time financially.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic