You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stoke City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:29pm
Last chance saloon at Anfiield good luck Stoke.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
Stoke should have had a peno a draw no good to them sadly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Stoke 1 0 in the live game v Palace but will they win it?

I hope so but doubt it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:34pm
Relegated. Palace safe. Serious lack of quality in that Stoke team, lacked urgency (both players and crowd) after it went 1-1. Unfortunate with the 2nd goal but that's what happens when you're down that end of the table.

Lambert has won 3 of his last 35 PL games.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:58pm
I don't believe they have ever added to the PL. A ten year stint is an achievement, but their football was generally attritional and boring, and they really aren't a loss.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Relegated. Palace safe. Serious lack of quality in that Stoke team, lacked urgency (both players and crowd) after it went 1-1. Unfortunate with the 2nd goal but that's what happens when you're down that end of the table.

Lambert has won 3 of his last 35 PL games.

Madness that 'safe' means a top 10 finish!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 6:07am

@Stoked Up hope you bounce straight back bud.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I don't believe they have ever added to the PL. A ten year stint is an achievement, but their football was generally attritional and boring, and they really aren't a loss.

Yeah it was never pretty.
I’m not sure they will bounce back up. 
There’s not a lot of quality there. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Yeah it was never pretty.
I’m not sure they will bounce back up. 
There’s not a lot of quality there. 

I think they are likely to lose Shaquiri, Allen, Butland, and some of their other flair players. But with Shawcross, Adam, Crouch, and if the choose to renew, Glen Johnson, the have the nucleus of an Aston Villa type team that will be hard to beat.

I wouldn't fancy being in the Championship next season.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cheers pal. If Coates gets a more positive manager in and invests properly to get back, there's no reason why we can't get back up quickly. 
I hope it's not another 24 years in the lower divisions.
Channel 5 for me next season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cheers pal. If Coates gets a more positive manager in and invests properly to get back, there's no reason why we can't get back up quickly. 
I hope it's not another 24 years in the lower divisions.
Channel 5 for me next season.

With Channel Five losing the rights to the Football League highlights Quest tv will be showing them next season.

Virgin Media Irealnd ch 154

Virgin Media ch 172 & ch 173+1

Sky ch 144 & ch 244 +1

Sky Ireland ch 125 

I see Moyes is being linked with the Stoke job I hope for your sake he doesn't get it bud.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:11pm
Thanks DM ,Virgin are really going big  with sport here in Ireland with TV3 in tow . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:34pm

Looks like Gary Rowett is going to be the next Stoke manager.

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 May 2018 at 9:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:42pm

Rowett confirmed as new Stoke manager.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:41pm
Wonder what the chances of McClean ending up at Stoke are ? Rowett tried to sign him for Derby in January, from a few recent articles about JMC in the press, it seems he has one year left on his WBA contract and is somewhat open to a move, and Stoke will spend money. He's also the type of player that Stoke had a team full of under Pulis- limited but very hard working, he would probably be a good fit for them. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:57pm
Going by the recent interview he seems pretty happy playing for Darren Moore. Now, if an offer elsewhere was put on the table, that could change, but a bit of stability wouldn't do him any harm (along with regular starts of course)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:14am
I'm not buying Rowett's statement of always wanting to manage in the PL and this being his chance to do it.

Stoke are not coming back anytime soon.After 10 years in the premier they'll spend the first year just feeling sorry for themselves.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:35am
It is a league you can buy yer way out of (Wolves this year, Villa will either succeed as well or have come very close to it) but the right manager is needed to shape a squad. Dunno is Rowett that man. Stoke will probably have the biggest budget in the league between the parachute payment and the possible sale of the likes of Butland, Shaquiri, maybe Joe Allen & Martins Indi, and picking up what they can/cutting losses on wasters like Affellay, Wimmer, Bojan and Imbula.  

On the other hand, they will probably release further players too, Ireland already gone and maybe older heads like Crouch & Adam might follow. There will be a huge turnover of players there, so it depends on how that process is managed and whether replacements are suitable for the championship, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. Would agree that they might not get back at first attempt, and Rowett could prove a disaster, but they aren't quite in a Sunderland-like situation either. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic