You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stockholm - General Thread - FAQ on page 143

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 187>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

We stayed in Skopje for a few days after the game and to be honest there was a good crowd around for the day after the game but twindled away after that. We stayed in Bari until the weekend and the place was hopping for at least two days after the game. I guess though Italy was an attractive place to stay in. It'll be different in Stockholm compared to Skopje as it's a tourist destination and won't feel so flat.

A great city and a savage spot for partying. This will be my 3rd time in Sweden in 4 years and loved the last two occasions. Our accommodation is bang in the middle of things too rolo Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Delighted youre making this trip! If its half as much craic as we had in Skopje it'l be amazing! We'll have a blast over there Im sure, expensive place but hopefully u know the ropes.

I arrived in Bari on the Monday before the game and it was good craic, the game was on the Wednesday and was great to be able to have a nice nite on the booze on the monday before the mayhem the next nite! Maybe some trip I'll stay on after the match for a couple of days if ive the money to, and see wat its like! 

Ah it's only a little bit more expensive than Dublin. Maybe 6 or 7 euro a pint but everything else is the same price as Ireland. You can buy beer much cheaper in the state controlled off licences for the same price as in Ireland. The only thing is they close at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

The Swedes are fierce friendly and love a good party. We'll be in good hands  Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by colemanY2K - 06 May 2012 at 12:26am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:30am
Great stuff! Will be trying to make this trip, def. 

Ringerbell, I've been reading different things on here about how tough tickets will be for Sweden, so its hard to say. 5% of a 50k allocation is 2500. You should be ok.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:41am
I booked that boat hotel from 20th to the 24th. good choice lads. we ll all go bushing buckfast style before we hit the pubs seeing as pints are unreal expensive

Im travelling to the euros with no tickets but reckon ill probably get all if i can haggle properly so i wouldnt worry about tickets for aways, even if you travel ticketless chances are you ll get one which might cost ya more.

Gspain on the forum is the man to ask. hes been to loads of aways and knows his stuff about getting tickets

Edited by irishmufc - 06 May 2012 at 12:55am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
collie2771 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collie2771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Im travelling to the euros with no tickets but reckon ill probably get all if i can haggle properly so i wouldnt worry about tickets for aways, even if you travel ticketless chances are you ll get one which might cost ya more.

Gspain on the forum is the man to ask. hes been to loads of aways and knows his stuff about getting tickets

am st holder and cant wait to renew,but am not so flush with the reddies so wont be able to go to many aways, you's reckon this should decide who gets most of the tickets for the finals. why?

i see all over the place "AWAY TRAVELLERS OVERLOOKED FOR TICKETS" as i say i would love to be able to travel but its not always feesible, what about S.T. holders who NEVER miss a home game, friendly or not. 

There has to be a better was of distribution of tickets than now.....

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:03am
Lads, loadsa threads already discussing tickets.

Im not a mod but just asking can we please keep this on topic, this is a thread to discuss Sweden trip next year.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:06am
Originally posted by collie2771 collie2771 wrote:

am st holder and cant wait to renew,but am not so flush with the reddies so wont be able to go to many aways, you's reckon this should decide who gets most of the tickets for the finals. why?

i see all over the place "AWAY TRAVELLERS OVERLOOKED FOR TICKETS" as i say i would love to be able to travel but its not always feesible, what about S.T. holders who NEVER miss a home game, friendly or not. 

There has to be a better was of distribution of tickets than now.....

huh? what do you mean i "reckon this should decide who gets most of the tickets for the finals". my point was if anyone plans to go to an away game regardless if they re an ST holder or not can get sorted one way or the other. 2 of my mates got euros tickets ahead of me and they never went to any qualifier AFAIK. ST holders obviously should get priority but there ll always be tickets available on the touts or oppositions side as well
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:14am
Definitely doing this trip. Was in stockholm a few years back and it's some spot. Will wait till I get back from Kazakhstan before booking this one though.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:17am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Definitely doing this trip. Was in stockholm a few years back and it's some spot. Will wait till I get back from Kazakhstan before booking this one though.

Horror stories aside. Are there any pubs that are relatively cheap for pints? are vodka and cokes/jack daniels
      outrageous?
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:29am
I was in Gothenburg and Stockholm on hols last year. +/-€7 for a glass of wine, +/-€8 a pint and I even paid €12 for a pint in one place. Took a train from Gothenburg to Stockholm, was €60. Was nice and all but very hard on the pocket. When I got back I was told by a Swedish fella that the place in Stockholm to hang out is Soder (the south), a bit cheaper as lots of students hang out there and it's not bang in the city centre, a bit more trendy too...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by gwhite gwhite wrote:

I was in Gothenburg and Stockholm on hols last year. +/-€7 for a glass of wine, +/-€8 a pint and I even paid €12 for a pint in one place. Took a train from Gothenburg to Stockholm, was €60. Was nice and all but very hard on the pocket. When I got back I was told by a Swedish fella that the place in Stockholm to hang out is Soder (the south), a bit cheaper as lots of students hang out there and it's not bang in the city centre, a bit more trendy too...

good post. we ll keep that in mind. note to self Remember Soder as its the area of cheap pints
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:22am

Horror stories aside. Are there any pubs that are relatively cheap for pints? are vodka and cokes/jack daniels
      outrageous?

I couldn't find a bar that was cheap. I was in stockholm 3 years ago and it was €7/8 for a pint. We stopped over in Stockholm on the way to Talinn in November and were paying €8/9 a pint. Don't know about shorts really but I'd imagine prices would be similar.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:49am
Feckin swedes and their high tax economy. ive booked 4 nights in stockholm. i suppose though theres a nice gap between the sweden and austria aways so ill have to put up with the sky high pint prices.we ll be drinking cans in our hostel rooms
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:46am
Hoping to get to this and Germany next year Clap 

Would love to do Vienna but given the close proximity between this and Germany away choices had to be made and Germany was the winner given it's the 2nd last qualifier and could be a deicder on where we finish in the group.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by gwhite gwhite wrote:

The difference here is if we had to go from Stockholm to Copenhagen or Gothenburg we'd know in advance. Booking opens 90 days beforehand and you can book one ways from about 180 SEK / €20. Takes 5 hours on the train (it's a seven hour drive).
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:21pm
I hear the women on swedan are only alright.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

I hear the women on swedan are only alright.

No not great at all, just all tall blonde haired stunnersThumbs Down

Boat hotelClap
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

derrysfinest View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derrysfinest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:35pm

outrageous?
12 euros or there aboutsBroken Heart
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:50pm
There was a thread on this already pointing out you can get pints cheap enough around the place
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 187>
  Share Topic