You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stockholm - General Thread - FAQ on page 143

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 187>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stockholm - General Thread - FAQ on page 143
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:01pm
I know the match is a long way away but I just reserved my hotel in Stockholm on booking.com for circa £30 a skull per night (twin room). Seems like there is a lot of reasonably priced accommodation available at the moment. We don't have to pay for our place until we turn up and can cancel without penalty up the the day before arriving. Oh and it's a boat hotel in the city centre Clap

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:06pm
What would the story be with getting tickets for aways for the WC, haven't gone to any aways yet but want to start during this campaign. Do I apply through here or the Fai?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I know the match is a long way away but I just reserved my hotel in Stockholm on booking.com for circa £30 a skull per night (twin room). Seems like there is a lot of reasonably priced accommodation available at the moment. We don't have to pay for our place until we turn up and can cancel without penalty up the the day before arriving. Oh and it's a boat hotel in the city centre Clap

Booked Clap

I actually went on to booking.com on the 1st of April (the day the Sweden accomm became available) but it was all very expensive then. Dont remember seeing this place. Prices must have come down.

Booked from the 20th to the 23rd. Going over on the Wednesday.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What would the story be with getting tickets for aways for the WC, haven't gone to any aways yet but want to start during this campaign. Do I apply through here or the Fai?

Through the FAI.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:14pm
I guess it'll be usual process of applying to the FAI ticket office. I'm not sure what the latest is on the away ticket scheme  so it's best to search the forum and find the proposed away scheme thread. Should be no bother getting tickets as the Swedes have just completed a brand spanking new 50k seater stadium for the national team.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Booked Clap

I actually went on to booking.com on the 1st of April (the day the Sweden accomm became available) but it was all very expensive then. Dont remember seeing this place. Prices must have come down.

Sweet Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Booked in there from the 21st to the 24th myself. I always try and stay the night after the match as I'm usually dying and don't want to have to check out or be disturbed Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Can't wait.....once you get the bug for travelling to away games it's near impossible to stop Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:38pm

Booked Clap

Sweet Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Booked in there from the 21st to the 24th myself. I always try and stay the night after the match as I'm usually dying and don't want to have to check out or be disturbed Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Can't wait.....once you get the bug for travelling to away games it's near impossible to stop Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Ive had so many horror stories the day after games that I dunno why I keep leaving the day after. Just cheaper, I suppose. 

I find its very quiet and depressing after all the fans have moved on. I like to get over a couple of days before the match. Did it in Tallinn and there was such a relaxed atmosphere on the Wednesday afternoon, only a couple of hundred fans around at most. And I got to see the city properly which I couldnt have done flying in on the thurs. Thats why we're staying 3 nites this trip, to see some of the city really.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:45pm

Booked Clap

Ive had so many horror stories the day after games that I dunno why I keep leaving the day after. Just cheaper, I suppose. 

I find its very quiet and depressing after all the fans have moved on. I like to get over a couple of days before the match. Did it in Tallinn and there was such a relaxed atmosphere on the Wednesday afternoon, only a couple of hundred fans around at most. And I got to see the city properly which I couldnt have done flying in on the thurs. Thats why we're staying 3 nites this trip, to see some of the city really.

Did the same in Tallinn. Flew in Wednesday, out Sunday. Would rather have flown out Saturday.

I'm not booking anything for this trip til after Kstan, mostly until I see how the finances are. Also until the location is confirmed (although I see little likelihood of this game being anywhere but Stockholm.... they usually play one or two outside Stockholm and the Kstan game is confirmed for Malmo). I also like booking flights and accommodation together, so I can get the cheapest options and the Ryanairs haven't gone on sale yet (and flying via London is usually the cheapest option too).
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:48pm
Why dont u at least book Stockholm accom on booking? Its free to cancel and u dont have to pay a cent now, they just reserve the room for you for those dates. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:50pm

Why dont u at least book Stockholm accom on booking? Its free to cancel and u dont have to pay a cent now, they just reserve the room for you for those dates. 

Hostels are cheaper, although you have to pay 10% down on those on hostelworld. Also, not sure if I'll be on my own (although I doubt it..... the lad I went to Tallinn with just got a new job with good pay and great holidays).

I might book a twin room I suppose.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:52pm

Booked Clap

We stayed in Skopje for a few days after the game and to be honest there was a good crowd around for the day after the game but twindled away after that. We stayed in Bari until the weekend and the place was hopping for at least two days after the game. I guess though Italy was an attractive place to stay in. It'll be different in Stockholm compared to Skopje as it's a tourist destination and won't feel so flat.

A great city and a savage spot for partying. This will be my 3rd time in Sweden in 4 years and loved the last two occasions. Our accommodation is bang in the middle of things too rolo Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:57pm
just booked in here from 21st to 23rd not 100% sure if il have the money to make this trip but it free cancellation so no harm in having the place booked
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:02am
good stuff ringerbell. you've 8 months after the Euro's to save for the trip Thumbs Up

Edited by colemanY2K - 06 May 2012 at 12:03am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:05am
Okay, I've booked that place for two nights. Chances are it'll only be one night and I'll be taking the train up from Copenhagen. I've sent sj.se an email to see how far in advance I can book train tickets. They haven't got back to me yet. Their prices go up like airlines so time is important. Seat61.com says 90 days beforehand so we'll see.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:05am

good stuff ringerbell. you've 8 months after the Euro's to save for the trip Thumbs Up
that is very true lad and will need them all but want to get at least 2 away games done this campaigne and germany will be tough for tickets so sweden and austria could be the 1s for me 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

that is very true lad and will need them all but want to get at least 2 away games done this campaigne and germany will be tough for tickets so sweden and austria could be the 1s for me 

I can't see the ticket situation being bad for any of the games (well maybe the Faroes). For the game in Bari we walked up to the team hotel on the day and got tickets off the FAI and there was loads of free seats in our section in the Stadium during the game.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:14am

We stayed in Skopje for a few days after the game and to be honest there was a good crowd around for the day after the game but twindled away after that. We stayed in Bari until the weekend and the place was hopping for at least two days after the game. I guess though Italy was an attractive place to stay in. It'll be different in Stockholm compared to Skopje as it's a tourist destination and won't feel so flat.

A great city and a savage spot for partying. This will be my 3rd time in Sweden in 4 years and loved the last two occasions. Our accommodation is bang in the middle of things too rolo Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Delighted youre making this trip! If its half as much craic as we had in Skopje it'l be amazing! We'll have a blast over there Im sure, expensive place but hopefully u know the ropes.

I arrived in Bari on the Monday before the game and it was good craic, the game was on the Wednesday and was great to be able to have a nice nite on the booze on the monday before the mayhem the next nite! Maybe some trip I'll stay on after the match for a couple of days if ive the money to, and see wat its like! 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:17am
well i cant do kstan or faroes because of the cost of the trip and can see germany being tight for tickets since the allocation is only 5% but hopeful of getting 1s for sweden and austria just need get funds for both trips(which means finding a job LOL)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 187>
  Share Topic