You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still going to Bratislava list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sh-Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:27am
Highly unlikely to go myself. I don't see the point in going when the game behind closed doors and still a strong possibility of the game being cancelled. Have free cancellation on accommodation and paid less then €100 on flights, so prepared to take the hit if flights aren't cancelled. I was going away for 4 days so in the long run I be saving money by not going. Save up for the Nations League (fingers crossed everything will be back to normal by then)
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:51am
Also a no-show (much to the delight of our Project Manager and relief from the lad who was looking after my stuff while I was off).
Hotel cancelled.
Need to check with DB if they will refund anything from the train ticket.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:11am
Will give it another few days before making a final decision. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
Initially I was intent on going but I can't see the Irish fans being welcomed into Bratislava.

The place will be a ghost town and there is a chance you could miss the match on TV.

Disaster of a situation........
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:35pm
Boss delighted I'll be around for quarter end now. Might still take the days off out of spite.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:38pm
Remember a few years ago Ire played N.I behind closed doors in a friendly and a few people were let in.
Wonder would a few S.C that still go or supporters that like to say hello get in if they do. 
The dark side.. And the light
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:46pm
Why are people posting that Bratislava is a ghost town ?
Was chatting to a mate who lives there yesterday and she said everything is opened as normal,bars, cafes, shops,etc, they might adopt the Austrian policy of no more than 100 people at any indoor event.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:00pm

The Tribuna football pub is the probaly the best place in the city to watch a game,big screen etc, ive messaged them to see if they will be showing the match,they have advertised all the CL games this week.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:08pm
Good man Lilly no harm in a bit of research even if most won't travel. A decent spot to watch the game is a start. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Was chatting to a mate who lives there yesterday and she said everything is opened as normal,bars, cafes, shops,etc, they might adopt the Austrian policy of no more than 100 people at any indoor event.

Because it's still 2 weeks away and it's only going to get worse not better.

By all accounts it is extremely quiet even if things are open. 

Wouldnt be bothered travelling to spend a few hundred over there and watching it in a pub when I can watch it here and keep the money and holidays in work for the nations league.

Hotels on free cancellation and airlines are being extremely accommodating so not really out too much. 

They aren't going to be welcoming to big groups which is why they called it with plenty of notice 

Edited by wanderer - 11 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

They aren't going to be welcoming to big groups which is why they called it with plenty of notice 

Do you expect them to stay open so that nobody will come in?

They'll open with the hope of people coming in and generating some revenue.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Exactly Horsey!

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The way things are going they'll be told to close.

Dont see why anyone would go now, it's a needless risk.

My employer had asked about my travel plans and seeing as I was going through Germany and Austria they were going to get me to stay out of the office for 2 weeks when I came back, which wouldn't have been an issue with a potential playoff final and remote working. Easier to take whatever the hit might be than have to do that now.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:46pm

Wouldnt be bothered travelling to spend a few hundred over there and watching it in a pub when I can watch it here and keep the money and holidays in work for the nations league.

Hotels on free cancellation and airlines are being extremely accommodating so not really out too much. 

What airlines are being accommodating?? Hardly ryanair unless you are going through Italy 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

What airlines are being accommodating?? Hardly ryanair unless you are going through Italy 

Lufthansa, Aerlingus, Austrian, swiss just to name a few
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Not Going - Change my flight to Vienna for Sep. Then onwards for Sofia.
What airline was that?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:05pm

The Tribuna football pub is the probaly the best place in the city to watch a game,big screen etc, ive messaged them to see if they will be showing the match,they have advertised all the CL games this week.

Very realistic photos of what it will look like the night of the match. 
AKA pedantic kunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Lufthansa, Aerlingus, Austrian, swiss just to name a few
Flight booked with Aer Lingus myself didn't know that Sound. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic