You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still going to Bratislava list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:05pm
Looks like Bosnia is probably behind closed doors as well.

It'll be interesting to see what they do if its NI v us in a final up there, open or behind closed doors too ?
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

i won't be going, but im sure ryanair will be flying empty flights for as long as people have them booked, so not much hope of getting back the money.

I wouldn't be so sure. Ryanair make a decent wedge of money on last-minute bookings and on on-board sales. Both of those are going to take a hit so it could end up costing them more to have the planes in the sky than on the ground, even if they do have to refund everyone.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:52pm
Won't be going and will be saving the annual leave for the Nations League. 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
Cancellation period for my hotel is already gone, so everything is paid up and can't get any money back, so I'm seriously considering going, and bringing my work laptop with me so I don't lose annual leave
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:43pm
If the Slovak government don't want groups of people congregating as they want to prevent the spread of the virus, would it be a bit irresponsible to travel over regardless? 
I'm not saying it would - Merely wondering what people think on this. 
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Won't be going and will be saving the annual leave for the Nations League. 

+1
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:49pm
I'm going, the hotel already took the money out.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:50pm
You might get stranded out there
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm

If the Slovak government don't want groups of people congregating as they want to prevent the spread of the virus, would it be a bit irresponsible to travel over regardless? 

I ain’t travelling but they haven’t ordered a complete shutdown  ala Italy 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I ain’t travelling but they haven’t ordered a complete shutdown  ala Italy 

Just about anything can happen in the next 16 days , main thing is not to Panic LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
No not for me. Take the hit on the flights and cancel hotels. Can't see the point going drinking in Bratislava, think its bit of a kip. Pity bout Sarajevo, cracking trip in 2015.

Best outcome, we win the North win and we get a game in Belfast? 
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:44pm
Cancelled hotel today. Paid up front but will get a refund. Have flight booked from Budapest to Sarajevo on the Sunday morning. If we end up playing Bosnia and it's not a closed doors job I’ll figure that out when the time comes.

CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:48pm
Taking the hit on flights and some of the Budapest accom with free cancellation expired. Save the annual leave for another time once things settle down. Frustrating to say the least. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:55pm
I wouldn’t feel very welcome over there. I’d say the locals’ attitude would be much the same as the Irish attitude to the Italians being over this weekend. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:43am
Not going. Watching the game in a pub is not worth wasting the Annual Leave over it and risking work telling me to go into self quarantine.

Some of my airlines offering partial refunds on my flights so will take what I can get
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:54am
Also not going.  Hotel is free cancellation and flights came to 'only' £70 which is the cheapest I've paid for flights for an Ireland away trip since I started going on away trips 5 years ago.  Even then I wouldn't be surprised if Easyjet cancel my flight from Vienna to Stansted due to it's proximity to Slovakia. 
No point in going anyway, to a ghost town where everything (castle, museums etc) is going to be closed .  Absolutely gutted.  I'm not having much luck with away play-offs, am I - locked out of Copenhagen in 2017 and now this. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:23am
Not Going - Change my flight to Vienna for Sep. Then onwards for Sofia.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:02am
Had a stag party lined-up in Bratislava the day after the game. No one going to the stag either now. Is Bulgaria any good for a piss-up?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic