Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steven Reid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:29pm
2 years with an option of 1 year extension. He couldnt have asked for more given his fitness record. Happy for the lad.

After Traps comments earlier in the year i dont think we will see him in a green shirt again. Absolute shame.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:02am
2010/2011 an injury free year for Steven Reid Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:03am
Would love to see him back in the green jersey. Big fan of Reids. Hopefully he can do the business for WBA
It's a walk-off!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:24am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

2 years with an option of 1 year extension. He couldnt have asked for more given his fitness record. Happy for the lad.

After Traps comments earlier in the year i dont think we will see him in a green shirt again. Absolute shame.

good contract considering. He does well in the prem, injury free then I don't think the comments from Trap before will make much difference. He was great in Traps first two competitive games and was one of the first names on the team sheets i'd say. Injury has put him down the order a bit but I am sure he can get back up if he stays injury free.

Hope it works out for WBA and he gets himself back into Centre mid. He'll have a good pre-season behind him too

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 May 2010 at 5:30am
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:28am
IMO, if he stays fit until xmas, I mean totally injury free then I reckon Trap will consider him in 2011... he has to.
He's proven in the premiership and for Ireland.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 9:58am
cant understand how he fails one medical and passes another?

anyway hopefully he does well with WBA, hes had bad luck so hopefully he gets a change.
put em under pressure!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:43pm
got 8 mins today and a yellow Unhappy
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 11:24am
Retired today - according to BBC twitter.  Such a shame he had so many injuries.  Really thought at one point he would become our key midfielder. 
Team Emmet
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 11:40am
Only for injuries he could have been a top player in my opinion. He looked like he would become the main man in our midfield at the start of traps era, then got injured after (maybe even during) the Monty away game.

Was one of my favourite players. Glad he had a long career at the rop level even with his injuries but for sure there must be regret that he didn't achieve the heights I think his talent could have taking him
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:00pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:17pm

Very sad to hear Steven is hanging up the boots. A very good footballer and a really decent guy who really loved playing for Ireland. I was speaking recently to him in RTE so i expect we will be seeing alot more of him on the panel.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:49pm
Yep didn't get much of a look in at the Turf this season , hey that's life .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 3:23am
John Sebastian Veron in the making is he going to follow his footssteps and be the next Millwall president?
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 7:25am
Yeah if it wasn't for injuries he would have been a really great player for us IMO.  Had all the attributes (good passer, liked a tackle great energy and he could really strike a ball) to play at the very top level.  Real pity his international career never really got going.  Always loved seeing him in the starting XI and felt we were alot stronger and more assured in the middle of the park when Reid was playing.

I'm sure he will good into coaching and make a very good career for himself from that.

Good luck Steven Thumbs Up
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:45pm
Was very good for us when available. How we could have done with him in the last few years in the middle of the park. Best of luck in retirement Steven
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 8:35am
I didn't realise Steven was a coach with Scotland these days.

Just seen him talking about Scotland on SSN.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I didn't realise Steven was a coach with Scotland these days.

Just seen him talking about Scotland on SSN.

I did make a post about it about a year ago.

Reid is very welcome working with our national team and our players really seem to enjoy training with him.

I'm also very impressed with Reid's enthusiasm and commitment, he understands from his time as an Irish international what an honour it is to play for ones country. Thumbs Up

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 01 Sep 2020 at 9:18am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 9:19am
ClapClapClap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic