Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Ward

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:47am
Surely Ward did this knowing it would be leaked. If he didn't, he's an idiot.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Excellent 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:50am
Top form from Wardy, a local legend.

Hopefully this brings about the demise of these two dinoasuars! Thumbs Up
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Surely Ward did this knowing it would be leaked. If he didn't, he's an idiot.

That's a bit of a leap. I am sure we have all, at some point, made fun of our boss, or talked sh*t about a friend to another friend. I wouldn't call him an idiot if somebody he considered trustworthy leaked his message to the press. Although if he did it knowing it would leaked then fair play to him too. I'm delighted it has become public...now it means MON or Keane or the FAI or all 3 will actually have to deal with it
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:55am
People seem determined to compare international football to their own daily lives. Nobody is going to want to hear an audio clip of yourself and Johnny sl*gging off Mary from IT.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

People seem determined to compare international football to their own daily lives. Nobody is going to want to hear an audio clip of yourself and Johnny sl*gging off Mary from IT.

Not the public no, but if I sl*gged off Mary from IT to a mate and then that mate played the message for Mary from IT I would feel hard done by and betrayed.

Also it's a bit weird that my name is John and I work in IT and yes there is a Mary here also LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:04am
The public wanting to hear it is the key bit. The fact that football fans want to hear ever little triviality and pounce on it makes Ward look silly here. Even if he, like the rest of us, want the management team out and feels that recording an audio message and sending it to friends on social media will achieve that, something which I doubt, it reflects badly on him.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:14am
I'd be concerned about data protection in all of this.
The dark side.. And the light
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:18am
Leave Mary alone DangerHere!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Leave Mary alone DangerHere!!!

Mary's a bollix and everyone knows it LOL
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The public wanting to hear it is the key bit. The fact that football fans want to hear ever little triviality and pounce on it makes Ward look silly here. Even if he, like the rest of us, want the management team out and feels that recording an audio message and sending it to friends on social media will achieve that, something which I doubt, it reflects badly on him.

No, it makes Roy look silly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:08pm
Roy does that on his own, all this does is make Ward look like an idiot or a ****.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:34pm
I wouldn't call him an idiot for believing that he could trust his close friends, most people believe that. He was certainly naive given his high profile though.
We're decent enough..
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm
Ward knew full well this would get leaked. Being a professional, lord knows how many chats each club gives to their players about the risk and damaging nature of social media these days. One badly worded message or photo that is leaked to the public eye, it's goodnight Vienna. 

I believe it was purposely leaked as the mood in the camp must be so bad, that the only way to get rid of I, Keano and MON is to force them out.

I rather lose an assistant manager than have several first team players vacate

George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:16pm
It really is "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" stuff to suggest that it was intentionally leaked, nothing about it suggests that it was.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
You love a hyperbolic analogy. In this case, the word hyperbolic is analogous. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:37pm
Is this fella injured or retired from THE E I R E  ?

I forgot he existed until they were showing replays of the Denmark desrtuction on Sky

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is this fella injured or retired from THE E I R E  ?

I forgot he existed until they were showing replays of the Denmark desrtuction on Sky

he got injured in our match against wales in cardiff. not sure of a return date but it isn't imminent.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 46>
  Share Topic