You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 733>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:38pm
The worst International manager we ever had. Goodbye, good luck and good riddance. 
The only way is up
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:39pm
Good luck and good riddance LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:40pm
Not Stephen's fault, he should have been sacked after Luxembourg. Should have never got this far, but what a pathetic final campaign and final match. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Best of luck Stephen. 

He's going to need it to have any future in the game. A clueless loser if there ever was one.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:42pm
Hopeless tenure, nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes....and didn't we do both
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:42pm
I for one would enjoy the meltdown on here if a new 2 year deal was announced tomorrow! 

In all honesty, there's not a single person who can make an argument for anything other than change. I have serious worries about the calibre of candidates 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I for one would enjoy the meltdown on here if a new 2 year deal was announced tomorrow! 

In all honesty, there's not a single person who can make an argument for anything other than change. I have serious worries about the calibre of candidates 

Take solace that not a single one of them could be worse than the guy we've just had.
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:46pm
What team would offer Kenny a job now?
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:46pm
Really wanted it to work out, unfortunately it hasn't 
Best of luck for the future 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Cork City maybe....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Best of luck Stephen. 

He's going to need it to have any future in the game. A clueless loser if there ever was one.

Classy.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:47pm

Best of luck Stephen. 

No need for that sort of sh*te. It hasnt worked. We need change. No need for insults to the man. He tried his best and it didn't work. Simple.
I love beer gardens
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:48pm
He went into the job with too big a notion of his own capabilities. I think he thought he was going to revolutionise Irish football, but lacked the awareness of just how limited he was as a manager.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:50pm

Might have enough in the tank for the MLS or somewhere like that. I would still personally love him to stay with the FAI in a Director of Football/ Youth development role. He has more intimate knowledge of the youth pathways in this country and all the players currently in it than probably anyone else at the moment.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:53pm
To be fair, he gave it a go but once things went against him, he struggled to regain control. Thing I don't understand is that he didn't implement the style of play which brought him success at Dundalk. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Might have enough in the tank for the MLS or somewhere like that. I would still personally love him to stay with the FAI in a Director of Football/ Youth development role. He has more intimate knowledge of the youth pathways in this country and all the players currently in it than probably anyone else at the moment.

U21 job again but he might not want it. 

Edited by doherty - 21 Nov 2023 at 9:53pm
I love beer gardens
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:53pm
Of all Kenny's many sins, perhaps the greatest is that he has managed to rob the team of its identity.  We are no longer difficult to play and difficult to beat.  There appears to be no passion, no enthusiasm, and most importantly, no belief. The next man in will need to have the charisma, reputation, and ability to reestablish the identity of this broken squad.  
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Best of luck Stephen. 

No need for that sort of sh*te. It hasnt worked. We need change. No need for insults to the man. He tried his best and it didn't work. Simple.
He's disgraced himself from very early on. Delusional post-match interviews, bizarre in-game decisions. He shouldn't be personally insulted, but unreasonable to expect everyone to give him a round of applause and wish him all the best. He's played a large part in us being at one of our lowest ever points.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 733>
  Share Topic