You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 529530531532>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Good recruiter, poor retainer.

I would assume that retention is down to remuneration/ambition, neither of which Kenny has any control over tbf, unless of course one is simply looking for something further to criticise Kenny's tenure.

Yeah absolute nonsense..must be a wind up...what is he supposed to do? lock them in a cellar?
To lose two coaches is unfortunate, to lose 4...
Sponsored Links

10 Box View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 3:56pm

Good recruiter, poor retainer.

I would assume that retention is down to remuneration/ambition, neither of which Kenny has any control over tbf, unless of course one is simply looking for something further to criticise Kenny's tenure.

Yeah absolute nonsense..must be a wind up...what is he supposed to do? lock them in a cellar?
To lose two coaches is unfortunate, to lose 4...

is unfortunate
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 4:24pm
In an imagined world where someone can do no wrong, everything bad that happens is unfortunate.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:59pm
Someone tell Kenny there's a job at Aston Villa going
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:50am
Some people will use any excuse to give Kenny a kicking.  

Maurice setters was jacks assistant but who was his coach.  His son John or Noel King.  

Mick had Ian Evans as assistant but again who was the 3rd coach.  Bonner was the GK coach.  

Brian Kerr had Hughton as assistant and Noel O Reilly as assistant. 

Stan had Bobby Robson as assistant and I don’t know who else.  

Trap to be fair had Tardelli and Brady but huge money was paid.  
o Neill had Keane and Walford and Guppy but again it cost a fortune.  

Mick was back again and had TC and Robbie Keane.  

So again what I am saying is that the 3rd coach is not that significant at all and there should not be a big deal about it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Maurice setters was jacks assistant but who was his coach.  His son John or Noel King.  

Mick had Ian Evans as assistant but again who was the 3rd coach.  Bonner was the GK coach.  

So again what I am saying is that the 3rd coach is not that significant at all and there should not be a big deal about it. 
So Barry's contribution was negligible. 
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
John Nice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Barrys contribution was significant yes, but almost certainly overstated. In any case the argument here is around whether Kenny can be blamed for failing to retain the promising young coaches who he himself identified in the first instance. He doesnt hold the purse strings, nor does he have control over those coaches personal ambitions, so in my view it is an extremely tenuous stick to use to criticise Kenny. 
Idah Dream!
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 9:47am
I lost 5 staff over a period of 18 months. Didn't stop HR quizzing me about my ability to retain staff. 
Of course I told them they they left for better positions, which is partly true, the other reason is that I'm a c**t!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 11:39am

I lost 5 staff over a period of 18 months. Didn't stop HR quizzing me about my ability to retain staff. 
Of course I told them they they left for better positions, which is partly true, the other reason is that I'm a c**t!

Watch it too old as someone will change your profile LOL

Kenny going to Villa LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:17pm

Barrys contribution was significant yes, but almost certainly overstated. In any case the argument here is around whether Kenny can be blamed for failing to retain the promising young coaches who he himself identified in the first instance. He doesnt hold the purse strings, nor does he have control over those coaches personal ambitions, so in my view it is an extremely tenuous stick to use to criticise Kenny. 
Significant but overstated is a bit of a bob each way. Barry is now assistant with one of the world's top international sides. Kenny, as one poster here famously put it, wouldn't get an interview at Leyton Orient.  However, I sympathise to a degree. Losing Eustace was unfortunate but predictable. I'd question his commitment. Duff was a rat for walking as he did. It was Saipan Lite. He's no loss.
DubLife View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Someone tell Kenny there's a job at Aston Villa going

And who would you replace him with?
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:50pm

Significant but overstated is a bit of a bob each way. Barry is now assistant with one of the world's top international sides. Kenny, as one poster here famously put it, wouldn't get an interview at Leyton Orient.  However, I sympathise to a degree. Losing Eustace was unfortunate but predictable. I'd question his commitment. Duff was a rat for walking as he did. It was Saipan Lite. He's no loss.
I thought Kelly was the rat?
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 2:02pm

I thought Kelly was the rat?
Kelly and Duff clashed over Videogate and subsequet media leaks. Kelly was cleared by Kenny. Duff left anyway without explanation. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 21 Oct 2022 at 2:07pm
10 Box View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 2:38pm

Exactly...coach leaves for better opportunity shocker. Did Belgium not go after Barry because they lost Maloney to Hibs? And why the hell would Kenny want an interview at Leyton Orient for? 
J89 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 3:15pm
Yeah when Maloney left for Hibs they moved for Barry who was out of contract. Neil Critchley is gone from Villa and a highly rated coach. He'd be a risk to bring in because he'll likely get offers for managers jobs down the line like Eustace.

If you got the full qualification campaign out of him decent but if he left half way through you're stuck trying to replace him. Don't mind some coaches moving on now and then cause it gets different views and ideas amongst the group.
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 4:17pm

Exactly...coach leaves for better opportunity shocker. Did Belgium not go after Barry because they lost Maloney to Hibs? And why the hell would Kenny want an interview at Leyton Orient for? 
1. Yes.
2. Yes. 
3. His Aunt Doris works in the canteen.  
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:00pm
Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm

Eamonn Dunphy on the Late late show soon. It will be interesting to hear what he says about SK after the last few results 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 529530531532>
  Share Topic