You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 452453454455456 735>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:05pm
Probably used Robbie as a benchmark.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/i-am-delighted-to-extend-my-contract-stephen-kenny-signs-new-fai-deal-up-to-euro-2024-finals-41428975.html

Delighted but €550k still seems like a huge salary given the association's finances.

For a man who can barely string a sentence together, he's a tough negotiator.

Wasn't mccarthy on three times that amount? 

When you put it like that. Still, two wrongs don't make a right. 

Its more or less in line with what Scotland and Wales are paying their managers which is good bar.

Keep in mind we were paying Roy Keane €600k for 5 years to lay out a few cones.

As well as Robbie Keane €450k to sit on his hole.

Sure Stan was on €450k 16 years ago as a complete novice.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 11:33pm
How can you compare Steve Clarke to Stephen Kenny as a manager or coach?!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

How can you compare Steve Clarke to Stephen Kenny as a manager or coach?!
He wasn't. He was comparing the salaries offered and being paid by association of similar size etc to our own.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 9:08am
Wonder how long it will take before our Euro qualifiers are re-branded as a building exercise for the WC qualifiers? What are the expectations? A third place finish, achieving our seeding?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 10:24am
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Wonder how long it will take before our Euro qualifiers are re-branded as a building exercise for the WC qualifiers? What are the expectations? A third place finish, achieving our seeding?
Sleepy I know you’re hurting but thats pathetic.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

An insightful and considered response as expected. I think we will finish 3rd in our group, based on what we've seen so far.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:00am

An insightful and considered response as expected. I think we will finish 3rd in our group, based on what we've seen so far.

If you're looking for an insightful and considered response, maybe don't post an immature post like that, with the sole purpose of provoking others. Let's not pretend that's not what it was.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

If you're looking for an insightful and considered response, maybe don't post an immature post like that, with the sole purpose of provoking others. Let's not pretend that's not what it was.
He says he thinks we'll finish third. So do you. Why the outrage?
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Aye OK, Brick. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:37am

Aye OK, Brick. 
"never won a NL game and we should now be beating Scotland, at least a point from Ukraine and should be finishing on 10 points?" 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:09pm
Looking forward to the two games in a couple of weeks time , hope Kenny go's with our best side when playing Belgium as this is a hard ask to get a result out of this game . Will be interesting to see what his game plan will be  . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:18pm

oh the ironyLOL i hope it really hurts.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:22pm

You’re not an eejit, you know very well its the first part of his post we’re on about. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:23pm

The problem with assuming the motives of a poster is that debate is pointless, you either agree or disagree with the content. Play the ball, not the man, and maybe leave emotion out of it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:31pm

The problem with assuming the motives of a poster is that debate is pointless, you either agree or disagree with the content. Play the ball, not the man, and maybe leave emotion out of it.
Goes from pathetic whataboutery to this in 3 posts LOLClap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Goes from pathetic whataboutery to this in 3 posts LOLClap
I don't understand your post, maybe someone could explain it to me? In a previous campaign, and about half-way through that disaster, SK attempted to change the narrative to state that he was really using that campaign to prepare for the next one. That was a dishonest thing to do. So there is some form here. Hope that doesn't happen again. And I still think we will finish 3rd. Which is not really a disaster. Not sure it would be sufficient to get him a further contract extension though. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 12:49pm
Didn't know Brian Kerr posted on here LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 452453454455456 735>
  Share Topic