Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 1:16pm
Kenny is a jinx.  Since he has been employed by the FAI there's been a pandemic not seen in 100 years, players dropping like flies  and World War 3.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Sorry Mr Brick, I dont agree here with you. It doesnt make sense to give Kenny a contract to just cover a very short period of time. If he does ok in that time, are you still on the fence and ok to give him a year or 18 months? We cant keep going from short term contract to short term contract. At some stage, the FAI have to show a bit of faith and give him a decent contract and a chance to prove himself. With some get out clause if things go wrong and we dont qualify for tournaments maybe..

I dont think anyone is asking for Kenny to get the job for life. His results have been poor but there has been improvements.

Not many do.
A bad Nations League won't leave me short of company. You're saying three failed campaigns would/should be rewarded with a long-term contract - even to 2028. That makes no sense, in fact it's ridiculous.   
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 1:58pm
FAI: a failed Nations league campaign and we want to be able to cut short your contract with no payoff.

Kenny: No problem. But if we win the group I want (insert reasonable figure here) increase on my salary

Negotiation aren't a one way street. 
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

FAI: a failed Nations league campaign and we want to be able to cut short your contract with no payoff.

Kenny: No problem. But if we win the group I want (insert reasonable figure here) increase on my salary

FAI: nah we ain't offering that, you can see out the current deal and be on your way! 

Negotiations are only a two way street when both parties have leverage, Kenny has none. If he leaves the job what next for him?wait for the dundalk job again on a small fraction of the fai wage?!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Sorry Mr Brick, I dont agree here with you. It doesnt make sense to give Kenny a contract to just cover a very short period of time. If he does ok in that time, are you still on the fence and ok to give him a year or 18 months? We cant keep going from short term contract to short term contract. At some stage, the FAI have to show a bit of faith and give him a decent contract and a chance to prove himself. With some get out clause if things go wrong and we dont qualify for tournaments maybe..

I dont think anyone is asking for Kenny to get the job for life. His results have been poor but there has been improvements.

Not many do.
A bad Nations League won't leave me short of company. You're saying three failed campaigns would/should be rewarded with a long-term contract - even to 2028. That makes no sense, in fact it's ridiculous.   

You can literally sense the hope from that paragraph.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

FAI: Stephen, you're a lovely man, the fans like you and the media is kind but we cannot reward three failed campaigns. We're placing a clause in this contract extension offer which mandates a minimum performance outcome from the upcoming Nations League. You have our full support and confidence.

Kenny: No problem but if we win the Group I want . . . 

FAI: Consider our offer, Stephen. Meeting adjourned.  

Edited by Mr Brick - 05 Mar 2022 at 2:26pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 2:38pm

Not many do.

The usual default cheapie of accusing those of a different view of being non-supporters.  
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 6:32pm
Kenny ........................... 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 8:59pm

FAI: Stephen, you're a lovely man, the fans like you and the media is kind but we cannot reward three failed campaigns.

We have had one "failed" campaign, one where we finished in the same spot as we started. 

A NL is not a campaign. As the Germans will tell you, it serves as a warm up for the qualifiers for the next tournament. 

It's unbelievable that months after demanding it was either "Beat Luxembourg or Pack Your Bags", the contract issue is still rumbling on. Obviously, the board still have non believers in the camp. In that case, they should have already sacked him to get Allardyce in, and put up with the long ball and crap result, consequences. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 9:35pm

Not many do.

The usual default cheapie of accusing those of a different view of being non-supporters.  

Aye, fair enough. Although, there does seem to be a few on here that not necessarily wants the team to fail but Kenny to. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 1:01am

Not many do.

Aye, fair enough. Although, there does seem to be a few on here that not necessarily wants the team to fail but Kenny to. 
Good on you, mate.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 8:20am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

FAI: Stephen, you're a lovely man, the fans like you and the media is kind but we cannot reward three failed campaigns.

We have had one "failed" campaign, one where we finished in the same spot as we started. 

A NL is not a campaign. As the Germans will tell you, it serves as a warm up for the qualifiers for the next tournament. 

It's unbelievable that months after demanding it was either "Beat Luxembourg or Pack Your Bags", the contract issue is still rumbling on. Obviously, the board still have non believers in the camp. In that case, they should have already sacked him to get Allardyce in, and put up with the long ball and crap result, consequences. 

Are you talking about Trap or Big Sam?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 10:01am
Any one with anymore pretend FAI and Stephen Kenny conversations? Some people are absolute dopes
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 1:18pm

Not many do.

Good on you, mate.

No, good on you mate. It's great to see that you have set Kenny's KPI's and targets for him. Hope he took it well. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Any one with anymore pretend FAI and Stephen Kenny conversations? Some people are absolute dopes
Can someone translate this into English?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Is there anybody else with anymore pretend/made up/nonsense stories about the FAI/Stephen Kenny contract situation? The few anti Kenny at any cost posters on here are absolute dopes/morons/fools.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Is there anybody else with anymore pretend/made up/nonsense stories about the FAI/Stephen Kenny contract situation? The few anti Kenny at any cost posters on here are absolute dopes/morons/fools.
My only point in the above posts was that the contract should be (NL) results based. In fact, I believe all contracts should be results/incentive based irrespective of the candidate or incumbent. You may disagree with that, fair enough, but is it unreasonable? Also, no personal attack now or ever on Stephen Kenny. I certainly am not "anti-Kenny at all costs". As for the "conversation" posts - I replied in the format in which I was criticised. A dope, moron and fool? Possibly rather than probably. 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 11:10am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

My only point in the above posts was that the contract should be (NL) results based. In fact, I believe all contracts should be results/incentive based irrespective of the candidate or incumbent. You may disagree with that, fair enough, but is it unreasonable? Also, no personal attack now or ever on Stephen Kenny. I certainly am not "anti-Kenny at all costs". As for the "conversation" posts - I replied in the format in which I was criticised. A dope, moron and fool? Possibly rather than probably. 

I was replying to ‘TooOld’ in a similar vein as his request for clarity “in english” on ‘Foggys’ comment. Ok, the post has a few grammatical issues, but I think it was clear what he was saying.

As for the contract situation, I see the argument for both cases in terms of duration, but the reality is a complete rebuild, that we badly needed, requires stability and the manager involved being safe in the knowledge that he has that. I think so far, the vast majority of fans agree and that is certainly seems to be the feeling of most at the games for example, and god forbid most whom I’ve chatted football with in work or over a few pints.

Thats not to say I advocate for a never ending scenario, Im saying what Ive said from the start, up to the end of Euro 24 Qualifiers. Most people, despite obviously wanting to win every game and qualify for the WC were realists and accepted and were willing to forego the WC in the hope the rebuild would bear fruit. Qualifying for EC24 will be that fruit. The NL is important is tracking the progression but for me, the litmus test will be the qualifiers. Should that campaign be unsuccessful then its time for, IMO, Kenny to walk and let someone else build on what he started.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 735>
  Share Topic