You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 735>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Keane's stats are pretty much as good over the same period, both are running at about 1 goal involvement per 135 mins played since the beginning of 20/21 season. Not sure I'd have picked him, but he's a very different type to Scully who is competing with connolly and Robinson for a spot, and we don't have many #10 types! Don't think it's as shocking a decision as some anti-kenny types are making out tbh. Scully, ronan, doyle-Hayes will get their chance in March.

Gosh these stats are pretty useless and need to be taken with a pinch of salt. It doesn't take into account who the opposition was, if a player was sent off, the quality of the players on the player in questions team, type of football the manager plays and countless other variables. 

This is not a like for like comparison by any means.
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm
Tbh, it not like he picked keane over some really good striker in the championship or premiership, what more surprising for me is the inclusion of arter and horganOuchbaffling inclusions.
Clark, mCarthy, Brady, elbouzedi, scales and ronan along with injured Coleman and suspended browne and molumby would increase our squad depth slightly, oh and obafemi if he could stay injury free. It really is depressing stuff, I think we have 4 or 5 league one players in the squad,  first time I can ever remember that.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Tbh, it not like he picked keane over some really good striker in the championship or premiership, what more surprising for me is the inclusion of arter and horganOuchbaffling inclusions.
Clark, mCarthy, Brady, elbouzedi, scales and ronan along with injured Coleman and suspended browne and molumby would increase our squad depth slightly, oh and obafemi if he could stay injury free. It really is depressing stuff, I think we have 4 or 5 league one players in the squad,  first time I can ever remember that.

I count 7.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:45pm

Kenny confirmed Ronan is a long way off selection.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I count 7.

Yes there are 7 league 1 players in the squad. 

Bazunu 
Mcclean
Arter
Horgan
Parrott
Keane
Ogbane

At least 4 of which have a good chance of playing over the 2 games.

There are also 8 premier league players but only Duffy actually plays very much.

Kelleher
Duffy
Doherty
Omobamidele 
Collins
Hendrick
Idah
Connolly

I'd say Duffy and Egan are undroppable as the team is weaker without them in it, the rest you could swap around and experiment a little more.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Kenny confirmed Ronan is a long way off selection.
Goodwin says Ronan is not even fit as he'd like for St Mirren yet..so no surprise he was not called up 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:13pm
It never ceases to amaze just how bad Kenny is at speaking. He either can't form a sentence or can't end a sentence. Couldn't imagine sitting through his team meetings 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

It never ceases to amaze just how bad Kenny is at speaking. He either can't form a sentence or can't end a sentence. Couldn't imagine sitting through his team meetings 
I couldn't give a f**k if he did his interviews in pidgin mandarin, it's football not debate club, he needs results, not elocution lessons! 
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:28pm

I couldn't give a f**k if he did his interviews in pidgin mandarin, it's football not debate club, he needs results, not elocution lessons! 

Exactly. Sick of hearing people on about his speech. Pathetic excuse.
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It seems some want Keef to get the job cos he did a course with Carr Communications!!! Big Jack was such an eloquent Geordie!
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:44pm

excuse?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm

Being able to communicate effectively obviously has a role in management. I'm not an advocator for him to go btw. I think we have the worst squad in my lifetime that is even worse than people say. I also think we have little to no alternative given the FAI are broke.

I just can't listen to his interviews or press conference for more than a couple mins and I can't imagine at least some players aren't the same 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm

If he speaks to the players in that manner it would look like he hasn't a clue.   You've got to be commanding and speak with conviction and confidence.

Alex Ferguson, Pep Guardiola, Klopp and any manager worth his salt owns the room when they speak.  Kennny looks like he is about to have a nervous breakdown under the strain of having to speak.

You only have to look at a clown like Trump.  A man who talked more sh*t than anyone yet spoke with such confidence that people believed any old sh*t he told them and thought he was a God.

Kenny stumbling through simple sentences makes him look like he is nervous and doubtful. Its perception but as Royston says ''perception is reality''.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If he speaks to the players in that manner it would look like he hasn't a clue.   You've got to be commanding and speak with conviction and confidence.

Alex Ferguson, Pep Guardiola, Klopp and any manager worth his salt owns the room when they speak.  Kennny looks like he is about to have a nervous breakdown under the strain of having to speak.

You only have to look at a clown like Trump.  A man who talked more sh*t than anyone yet spoke with such confidence that people believed any old sh*t he told them and thought he was a God.

Kenny stumbling through simple sentences makes him look like he is nervous and doubtful. Its perception but as Royston says ''perception is reality''.

What a load of rubbish! Bielsa can’t speak a word of English do you think the English lads at Leeds are concerned about his communication skills? 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:00am

Being able to communicate effectively obviously has a role in management. I'm not an advocator for him to go btw. I think we have the worst squad in my lifetime that is even worse than people say. I also think we have little to no alternative given the FAI are broke.

I just can't listen to his interviews or press conference for more than a couple mins and I can't imagine at least some players aren't the same 
Players and staff still seem to be 100% behind him though, and he has assembled a very good team imo. How he appears when interviewed by that bell end O'Donoghues doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Idah Dream!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:01am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a load of rubbish! Bielsa can’t speak a word of English do you think the English lads at Leeds are concerned about his communication skills? 

Its clearly not rubbish.   Its nothign to do with speaking the language.  Its portraying confidence and conviction when you speak. Trapattoni had it, Bielsa has it. 

Kenny comes across like this lad

Teenager Crashes Into Licence Centre And Inevitably Fails Driving Test -  LADbible

''Mr. Hill, it happened again''

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:06am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Indeed, some of the Kenny Out cultists seem to still be yearning for Trappatoni who couldn't speak English let alone Irish.
Idah Dream!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:14am
Trap speaks more coherent English than KennyLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 735>
  Share Topic