You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 735>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

EXCLUSIVE - 80% of Irish public support Stephen Kenny - https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/kenny-poll-survey-1258466

This article is not to stir the pot. But it is what it is. There's no actual public split in support for Kenny. 

That can change, but as it stands ..
how can 80% of the public support the manager, when the poll says more than a third(35%) have no interest in football?

When you exclude the 35% and 5% that voted 'Don't know', 80% of those who voted support him.

So, when you exclude 40% of the voters he has 80% support... f**ks sake are we in Belarus all of a sudden?! LOL

Yep, I don't think it can be taken too seriously.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:22pm

EXCLUSIVE - 80% of Irish public support Stephen Kenny - https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/kenny-poll-survey-1258466

This article is not to stir the pot. But it is what it is. There's no actual public split in support for Kenny. 

how can 80% of the public support the manager, when the poll says more than a third(35%) have no interest in football?

When you exclude the 35% and 5% that voted 'Don't know', 80% of those who voted support him.

So, when you exclude 40% of the voters he has 80% support... f**ks sake are we in Belarus all of a sudden?! LOL

It seems to me that whatever way the Kenny Out Now cultists Smile want to present it, it looks very much like 80% of Irish fans want him to at least see out the campaign. Within that 80% there are a multitude of views, some feel he should get the new contract regardless of results, some want to see a minimum of 4 pts over the next 3 (me), some demand 6pts +, others just want performances, some want him to get the first 4 games of the NL i.e. up to the end of his current contract before deciding. What is clear, to me at least, is that the fans who want him out now, while very loud in their criticism are very much in the minority.
Idah Dream!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:31pm

That's not how voting works.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It seems to me that whatever way the Kenny Out Now cultists Smile want to present it, it looks very much like 80% of Irish fans want him to at least see out the campaign. Within that 80% there are a multitude of views, some feel he should get the new contract regardless of results, some want to see a minimum of 4 pts over the next 3 (me), some demand 6pts +, others just want performances, some want him to get the first 4 games of the NL i.e. up to the end of his current contract before deciding. What is clear, to me at least, is that the fans who want him out now, while very loud in their criticism are very much in the minority.

I'm backing him for now and agree that the majority of fans are also, but the poll craic is utter bollox. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:37pm

It is in some countries.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm
Man has lost his marbles 

A 28 year old Will Keane and Harry Arter in the squad while younger options are left out. We're out of it, now is a great time to bring in young guys to build for the future

Edited by Healy52003 - 30 Sep 2021 at 4:35pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

So overall, it's 48% support for Kenny. 

No, its 80% for and 20% against when you exclude the 'no interest' and 'don't know'. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 4:46pm

It is in some countries.
I look forward to “Don’t know” and “no interest” being two of the options for the next referendum.

Of course they should be excluded FFS.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

So overall, it's 48% support for Kenny. 

No, its 80% for and 20% against when you exclude the 'no interest' and 'don't know'. 
If you're going to start excluding votes, you could say that 87% of the country have no interest in football

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 30 Sep 2021 at 5:06pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:05pm
https://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1443561642059603970?s=19

For what it's worth his comments on Scully today! "He's doing okay" is a bit understated isn't it! Did say he was very close to the squad.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

For what it's worth his comments on Scully today! "He's doing okay" is a bit understated isn't it! Did say he was very close to the squad.

Ah, it's a joke at this stage. In Kenny's universe Daryl f**king Horgan is the answer to our problems it seems.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm

Not really, his stats are being over inflated and hes being bigged up by the media.

You cannot count the 4 goals hes scored in the EFL Trophy in any shape or form. Its a Micky mouse cup and hes been up against u23 reserves. Men against boys in a training game.

In the League he has 6 goals in 10 games, great return. However half of those are pen's. While they do all count if he wasn't their designated penalty taker he'd be on 3 goals in 10 games.

Keane has 4 goals from open play in 9 league games and hes not Wigans penalty taker this season. Wyke is. He might have had 1 more if he was.

Edited by Bandwagon - 30 Sep 2021 at 5:24pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:42pm
For the record Scully's full stats in League 1 since he moved to that league in February 2020 are:

35 starts
20 sub apps
19 goals 
8 assists
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:52pm
Crazy calling up Keane over Scully but am enjoying the meltdowns from the 20%. Every cloud n all that Tongue
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It is in some countries.
I look forward to “Don’t know” and “no interest” being two of the options for the next referendum.

Of course they should be excluded FFS.

Yes, I agree. I didnt make nor partake in the poll. Wink
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not really, his stats are being over inflated and hes being bigged up by the media.

You cannot count the 4 goals hes scored in the EFL Trophy in any shape or form. Its a Micky mouse cup and hes been up against u23 reserves. Men against boys in a training game.

In the League he has 6 goals in 10 games, great return. However half of those are pen's. While they do all count if he wasn't their designated penalty taker he'd be on 3 goals in 10 games.

Keane has 4 goals from open play in 9 league games and hes not Wigans penalty taker this season. Wyke is. He might have had 1 more if he was.

I hear you but if he stays fit continues scoring and puts up big numbers this season regardless of the EFL trophy goals/element of stat padding he is still a potential prospect for us! 

Simon Cox was a similar age when he hoovered up goals at that level. He wasn't quite good enough for the PL was a very very good Championship player. League 1 is almost certainly a more competitive division then it was even 10 years ago too with the quality of the PL/Championship gone up. 
League 1 this season is it's strongest version in history arguably.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Crazy calling up Keane over Scully but am enjoying the meltdowns from the 20%. Every cloud n all that Tongue
  Errrrr 18% on here if i recall Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Keane's stats are pretty much as good over the same period, both are running at about 1 goal involvement per 135 mins played since the beginning of 20/21 season. Not sure I'd have picked him, but he's a very different type to Scully who is competing with connolly and Robinson for a spot, and we don't have many #10 types! Don't think it's as shocking a decision as some anti-kenny types are making out tbh. Scully, ronan, doyle-Hayes will get their chance in March.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 735>
  Share Topic