You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 365366367368369 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The FAI must realise what thin Ice they're on.

One thing the new FA I don't want is to be compared to the old FAI in anyway. If they do decide to get rid of Kenny they better make sure that he's a complete and utter dead duck. Any move to revert back to a more pragmatic approach would have to 100-percent guarantee qualification for Euros.

The idea that Ireland would put in performances like they did at the end of O'Neil's reign and Mick McCarthy 2.0 with no success, should scare the living piss out of the FAI.

There's a lot of politics involved in decisions that are currently being made in Irish football at the moment. I'll hazard a guess and say the vast majority of people do not want Chris hughton or his type taking over from Stephen Kenny. I think the fai are well aware of this. And they're also well aware of the ramifications of moving ahead with an appointment in this vein and the consequences of more.failure in a well trodden path.
Clap

The support on here and online is split almost 50/50 and in the stadium I would estimate it 75%+ supporting Kenny. If the FAI have any sense, they'll listen to those who are putting money in their pockets.

Most of our ex players and legends aren't behind him

Are they barstoolers too?
Cas, houghton and Morrison? Basically aye.
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:15pm

One thing the new FA I don't want is to be compared to the old FAI in anyway. If they do decide to get rid of Kenny they better make sure that he's a complete and utter dead duck. Any move to revert back to a more pragmatic approach would have to 100-percent guarantee qualification for Euros.

The idea that Ireland would put in performances like they did at the end of O'Neil's reign and Mick McCarthy 2.0 with no success, should scare the living piss out of the FAI.

There's a lot of politics involved in decisions that are currently being made in Irish football at the moment. I'll hazard a guess and say the vast majority of people do not want Chris hughton or his type taking over from Stephen Kenny. I think the fai are well aware of this. And they're also well aware of the ramifications of moving ahead with an appointment in this vein and the consequences of more.failure in a well trodden path.
Clap

The support on here and online is split almost 50/50 and in the stadium I would estimate it 75%+ supporting Kenny. If the FAI have any sense, they'll listen to those who are putting money in their pockets.

They're not paying through the turnstiles. 

Economics (like nearly everything in life) will dictate.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:15pm

Clap

Tbf judging by recent polls on here and on foot.ie, it's more like 80/20 in favour of at least letting Kenny seeing out the campaign and then re-assessing. Loud voices among the 20% though with very few of them offering anything close to a constructive solution imo. 
Idah Dream!
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Clap

Cas, houghton and Morrison? Basically aye.

Paul McGrath 
Jonny Walters

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:18pm
Nowhere near 50/50, maybe 85/15 on here. Maybe 50/50 on posts but that’s 2 or 3 people posting 30 times a day about it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Nowhere near 50/50, maybe 85/15 on here. Maybe 50/50 on posts but that’s 2 or 3 people posting 30 times a day about it.

I think Murph voted about 40 times in that poll LOL
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:30pm

Clap

No one mentioned barstoolers. I've never been to a league of Ireland game, there's never been a seniour league of Ireland team in my county, never mind my town. It doesn't detract from the point that theres a core fanbase that the can see what Stephen Kenny is trying to do and are patient, realistic and optimistic for the future. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:39pm
Some of the arguments in here are repetitive and boring. 

If ex players are pro Kenny they are used to highlight how all ex players that count are behind him. If an ex player is against Kenny he is a Tory Boy (some halfwits description of Jonathan Walters) or they have an agenda or some other reason. 

And then it's visa versa for those that want Kenny out, insert ex player who is a fool and the others aren't blah blah blah 

It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If ex players are pro Kenny they are used to highlight how all ex players that count are behind him. If an ex player is against Kenny he is a Tory Boy (some halfwits description of Jonathan Walters) or they have an agenda or some other reason. 

And then it's visa versa for those that want Kenny out, insert ex player who is a fool and the others aren't blah blah blah 

I called Johnny Walters a Tory cause he is a Tory. And there’s a very simple rule you should live your life by, and it’s never ever trust a Tory. 
Thumbs Up

DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
SK has been given a lot of time and results have been poor
However I’m actually loving what he’s trying to do and even though it’s hair raising when the lads try to play out and get caught there’s a vision there and it’s positive..how many balls were kicked into row Z for example.
He has a blind spot for Daryl Horgan and Conor hourihane but not bad decisions wise other than that.
I’m backing him and I think we all should..I will say this however if big Mick was in charge we definitely would have more points..let’s hope SKs vision comes to fruition and waiting quietly in the wings is Joe Hodge..I genuinely think he’s a bit special and vital to us in midfield.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I called Johnny Walters a Tory cause he is a Tory. And there’s a very simple rule you should live your life by, and it’s never ever trust a Tory. 
Thumbs Up

Walters confirmed some time ago he was not a Tory supporter. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm

If only i could Wink
But the first poll was around 80% to keep Kenny on here and the last one was 82% .

Like i said whatever happens i will put up another one after the last game in November .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

If only i could Wink
But the first poll was around 80% to keep Kenny on here and the last one was 82% .

Like i said whatever happens i will put up another one after the last game in November .

Ybig is very out of touch with the punters if Kenny has an 82% approval 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm

If only i could Wink

Where can we find the punters poll?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:39pm
At this point you have to say that the Kenny out agenda has nothing to do with the ireland football team and looks to just resemble a dislike of him personally.

Edited by Left foot - 16 Sep 2021 at 9:40pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:40pm

If only i could Wink

Where can we find the punters poll?

Foot.ie poll was similar - not that 80% necessarily wanted to keep Kenny in situ long term, but 80% wanted to give him until at least the end of the campaign and then assess.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

At this point you have to say that the Kenny out agenda has nothing to do with the ireland football team and looks to just resemble a dislike of him personally.

What makes you say that? I'm sure he's a decent bloke but I'm fairly certain if results on the pitch were better nobody would care if he was an utter prick.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

What makes you say that? I'm sure he's a decent bloke but I'm fairly certain if results on the pitch were better nobody would care if he was an utter prick.

Well to be fair, I quite like Mick Mc Carthy's schtick and his results were slightly better, but I was still glad to see the back of him as Irish manager, likewise Martin O'Neill. I didnt like Trappatoni however and he probably got the best results of the lot of them, albeit with significantly better players.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 365366367368369 735>
  Share Topic