You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:42pm
it probably shouldn’t annoy me as much as it does but Paddy Power, balls.ie and all those likes certainly want the team to lose and have their posts at the ready for when something goes wrong  what the f**k was the story with the paddy power RTÉ ads too? 
Sponsored Links

orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Seems to me some posters are raging we had the nerve to score. 

Are you suggesting that fans here want the team to lose?

There’s been people wanting Kenny to lose since day 1. But there’s a fine difference between having a personal agenda with him and being unhappy at the state of the performances. And the ones who had the agenda always overshadow the genuine concerns 

Or are you unhappy that there are people that don;t share your opinion?

What? Confused

A bit rich coming from someone who was attacking the team on this forum hours before kickoff.

Rich? How?

I'm criticizing the team now.

I'm criticizing the players and I'm criticizing the management because I believe they are underperforming and I've seen little to nothing by way of improvement in the last 12 months.

If you or anyone else doesn't like that then I don't know what to tell you
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:47pm

There’s been people wanting Kenny to lose since day 1. But there’s a fine difference between having a personal agenda with him and being unhappy at the state of the performances. And the ones who had the agenda always overshadow the genuine concerns 

What? Confused

A bit rich coming from someone who was attacking the team on this forum hours before kickoff.

Rich? How?

I'm criticizing the players and I'm criticizing the management because I believe they are underperforming and I've seen little to nothing by way of improvement in the last 12 months.

That makes the 2 of us then! But I hope he does better nonetheless. But as I said there's been people out there who have wanted Kenny to lose his very 1st match.. And those people are arseholes tbf.

Wishing failure on the team contributes and achieves absolutely nothing.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Basically the fact that Kenny is Irish and being a failure is cutting a bit close to the bone for some.

I wanted him myself and was optimistic even up until the England match that he would be a success but he is very much out of his depth. 

The LOI crowd are backing him tot he hilt because him failing as the best LOI manager for a generation reflects badly on the league.  I say that as a LOI goer.

I'm an LOI goer. 

LOI managers manage at that level for a reason. To expect them to manage at senior international level and succeed is stretching credibility. Don't forget that his spells at Dunfermline and Shamrock Rovers didn't exactly go according to plan either.

What about Michael O'Neill. Barraclough got a good result the other night. 

Look, that was nowhere near good enough and I'm far from convinced on Kenny but stretching credibility is OTT given an ex LOI manager was in charge of a team at the last Euros and did an incredible job. 

Michael O'Neill is probably the exception. My viewpoint here is that Stephen Kenny has not really made any progress. If we were not getting results but you could point to any sign of progress then that would be something to roll with.

I don't see it.

I just don't see it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:49pm

Basically the fact that Kenny is Irish and being a failure is cutting a bit close to the bone for some.

I wanted him myself and was optimistic even up until the England match that he would be a success but he is very much out of his depth. 

The LOI crowd are backing him tot he hilt because him failing as the best LOI manager for a generation reflects badly on the league.  I say that as a LOI goer.

I'm an LOI goer. 

LOI managers manage at that level for a reason. To expect them to manage at senior international level and succeed is stretching credibility. Don't forget that his spells at Dunfermline and Shamrock Rovers didn't exactly go according to plan either.

Look, that was nowhere near good enough and I'm far from convinced on Kenny but stretching credibility is OTT given an ex LOI manager was in charge of a team at the last Euros and did an incredible job. 

Michael O'Neill is probably the exception. My viewpoint here is that Stephen Kenny has not really made any progress. If we were not getting results but you could point to any sign of progress then that would be something to roll with.

I don't see it.

I just don't see it.

Do you know what Michael O'Neill's record was after 12 games? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:50pm

What? Confused

Rich? How?

That makes the 2 of us then! But I hope he does better nonetheless. But as I said there's been people out there who have wanted Kenny to lose his very 1st match.. And those people are arseholes tbf.

Wishing failure on the team contributes and achieves absolutely nothing.

I'd love it if he was tearing it up and we were bashing teams off the pitch but it just isn't happening. 

If anyone is genuinely wishing failure on the team then there's no talking to people like that.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm

I'm an LOI goer. 

I don't see it.

I just don't see it.

Yes. Does that mean Stephen Kenny is going to do the same?
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Book early to avoid disappointment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:53pm
We haven't as good a squad as NI have had over the last few years either right now.
I love beer gardens
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Our last win was against Gibraltar at home 2 years ago. 

Make the most of this win. It might be a while before you see another. 

There were friendly wins against Bulgaria and New Zealand after Gibraltar. And the draws with Denmark and Switzerland, while not necessarily impressive were a lot better than a home defeat to Luxembourg.

Forgive me if I place no stock in a friendly victory over a minnow. Remember Staunton got a 4-0 win over Denmark? Or MON a 3-1 victory over Uruguay? Friendly matches are of limited relevance. And the likes of Andorra, well, even if they won 5-0 Kenny would have been afforded little credit in the press.
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:56pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I dont think it's an accident that the bright sparks of attacking football were coming from the younger lads. 

parrott scoring two good goals with the first goal really showing his talent. He also created a couple of good chances in the game too.

Knight gambles and gets his goal which he deserved and put in an absolute quality ball to assist for the 4th goal.

Mcclean and hourihane for the caps and experience have terrible and we would be better served playing Molumby and Manning so they can do the same as knight and parrott did today.

Troy Parrott struggled to establish himself at Millwall. Even Richie Sadlier had to admit that much. He had to drop another division to gain first team experience at Ipswich town who didn't tear up any trees this year in league one.

To sit here and suggest that Troy Parrott is the answer to anyones problems at this moment in time is foolish. He has a long long long way to go yet.

I know perfectly well the struggles parrott has had at Millwall and ipswich and at 18 at the time he took the chance to move away from u23s and play men's football.

Look at Coventry at West ham, 21 years old and still hasn't played men's football.

Parrott has pushed himself, struggled, got dropped by Millwall, dropped by ipswich, pulled his socks up, got back into the ipswich team, played well the last few games and has now scored two international goals.

Give the guy a bit of credit.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

We haven't as good a squad as NI have had over the last few years either right now.

That statement by itself doesn't inspire confidence does it?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:59pm

I'm an LOI goer. 

I don't see it.

I just don't see it.

No, of course not. I do understand your point of view. I just think your point on LOI managers was OTT. I do think Michael O'Neill is a valid comparison that can't be written off yet. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

it probably shouldn’t annoy me as much as it does but Paddy Power, balls.ie and all those likes certainly want the team to lose and have their posts at the ready for when something goes wrong  what the f**k was the story with the paddy power RTÉ ads too? 
clicks on the site matter, no matter where they come from.
I genuinely can't believe balls.ie is still going
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on twitter and facebook
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:01pm

I dont think it's an accident that the bright sparks of attacking football were coming from the younger lads. 

parrott scoring two good goals with the first goal really showing his talent. He also created a couple of good chances in the game too.

Knight gambles and gets his goal which he deserved and put in an absolute quality ball to assist for the 4th goal.

Mcclean and hourihane for the caps and experience have terrible and we would be better served playing Molumby and Manning so they can do the same as knight and parrott did today.

Troy Parrott struggled to establish himself at Millwall. Even Richie Sadlier had to admit that much. He had to drop another division to gain first team experience at Ipswich town who didn't tear up any trees this year in league one.

To sit here and suggest that Troy Parrott is the answer to anyones problems at this moment in time is foolish. He has a long long long way to go yet.

I know perfectly well the struggles parrott has had at Millwall and ipswich and at 18 at the time he took the chance to move away from u23s and play men's football.

Look at Coventry at West ham, 21 years old and still hasn't played men's football.

Parrott has pushed himself, struggled, got dropped by Millwall, dropped by ipswich, pulled his socks up, got back into the ipswich team, played well the last few games and has now scored two international goals.

Give the guy a bit of credit.

I didn't intend to sl*g the guy off. I'm simply suggesting that we shouldn't be placing so much faith in a 19 year old player playing on loan at a league one outfit.

He has a lot to do to fulfil any potential he has.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:03pm

From the outside it looks like Kenny has abandoned his ideals and has let Anthony Barry do all the tactics since he has come in or at least is heavily influenced by his input.  Not sure that's a good thing.  Kenny needs to be the undisputed leader.

Bump for Coyner
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:04pm
Sooo..... a 4-1 win.... We'd have taken that result before the game, right? 
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm

I'm an LOI goer. 

I don't see it.

I just don't see it.

No, of course not. I do understand your point of view. I just think your point on LOI managers was OTT. I do think Michael O'Neill is a valid comparison that can't be written off yet. 

As I see it the general rule is that after a certain period, managers and players find their level. There'll be exceptions but generally speaking staff find their level.

Stephen Kenny had found his level at Dundalk I believe.

I'd love to think that Stephen Kenny would get us to a european championships Like Michael O'Neill did but I just don't see it at the moment. I wish I did but I don't
orourkeda View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:07pm

Sooo..... a 4-1 win.... We'd have taken that result before the game, right? 

Yes. But how much significance would you have attached to it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311>
  Share Topic