You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

LOI Loyalists and the mainstream media are conspiring to keep Kenny in the job, their true motivations are unknown at this point but rest assured folks they will come for you next. "First he dropped Shane Duffy and I said nothing..."

Third or fourth biggest sport in the country LOL

The motivation is very simple, LOI folks want to support one of their own, SK is a reflection of their league. There was a similar pattern with Kerr initially, he was lionised by the (Irish only) media. 

Surely it's 'our' league, no? We're all Irish men (and women). It's the national league.  

It’s our League for sure. The problem is our League isn’t up to scratch in terms of quality. I follow it and support it but the happy clappy “best League in the world” brigade annoy me. I think that’s maybe what’s he’s getting at. 

We see our League as a “problem child” when we should be aiming to get it up to the same standard as the Danish,Serbian,Cypriot League let’s say. At this stage it’s 5th/6th division English football. 

We need to get to the stage where we have teams in the Europa League Group stages close to regularly and that the top 5/6 teams in Ireland are at the same standard as League 1 in Britain etc.

How that happens would be mass youth development from a young age and money. Unfortunately the latter is the issue. Would take a JP McManus type business figure to be very passionate about soccer like he is about GAA ideally or a government minister as passionate that invests balls deep into it.

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Apr 2021 at 4:21pm
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lots of rather interesting thoughts on Kenny here. 

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

There’s about 4 pages of thoughts in the last 24 hours. Don’t know what’s Baldricks point they ain’t interesting, they are all full of sh*t, they are calling it as they see it? 

Nothing that has been posted has been that interesting really including anything I have posted.  
AKA pedantic kunt
kevin100 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:22pm

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

There’s about 4 pages of thoughts in the last 24 hours. Don’t know what’s Baldricks point they ain’t interesting, they are all full of sh*t, they are calling it as they see it? 

Nothing that has been posted has been that interesting really including anything I have posted.  

To me it has been the divide about Kenny etc. Fascinating to see.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:36pm

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

80% voted on here for him to stay on. There’s obviously 20% oddballs on here LOL

Someone mentioned loi loyalists supported him. Would be surprised if 30% on here regularly go to league of Ireland matches ?
TRAP OUT!!

F*** THE FAI!!

DROGHEDA TIL I DIE!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

Nothing interesting has been posted at all, for a long time! I would include both of us in that!LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

LOI Loyalists and the mainstream media are conspiring to keep Kenny in the job, their true motivations are unknown at this point but rest assured folks they will come for you next. "First he dropped Shane Duffy and I said nothing..."

Third or fourth biggest sport in the country LOL

The motivation is very simple, LOI folks want to support one of their own, SK is a reflection of their league. There was a similar pattern with Kerr initially, he was lionised by the (Irish only) media. 

wasn't expecting any genuine replies to my pisstake of a post but I suppose that's on me
Fruice View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:40am
This sh*t gets me fellas complaining what league your prefer premiership, LOI or MSL what difference does it make we all support Ireland have two eyes in our head and can see what’s going on.

Fellas saying we are passing more with Kenny don’t want to go back to caveman football well something isn’t right no win in 11
And played one good international team to date.

Where we are decent is with defensive minded players or best player is a right full back, we have decent options in goals, centreback is the position we have the highest overall quality of players with more coming through.
Left back is questionable more so with the use of the ball.

The two defensive midfielders are ok in Cullen, and Molumby or Knight.
But once we go into the attacking positions we struggle no matter what combination of players we put out the player with the best attacking returns for us this year are Collins and Hourihane and most think they shouldn’t be in the team.

So surely anyone with two eyes can see we should build a system around where we are strong?
And that is at the back if we were blessed with attacking opinions I be pushing for a system that played to their strengths.

Surely this must be Kenny’s focus from here to November.
Or maybe I’m seeing it all wrong.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:58am
Yes you are seeing it wrong. 

I don't think Kenny is neglecting one area of the pitch because his focus is elsewhere. 
We didn't concede many goals in his first few games in charge, scoring was the problem (Still is). We conceded a few more this time, but we were missing our best CB in Egan, Duffy had a serious drop off in form and Randolph, how many times does he make a big save per game? At least 1 and in contrast, at least 2 of the goals we shipped to Serbia do not happen if Randolph is goal.

Kennys focus should be to keep going while hoping some of his players come back in to form, e.g. Brady could be a missing link if he can just get himself fully fit. Byrne the same. 

Or he gets mcdoldrick out of retirement!

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 Apr 2021 at 10:01am
eireland View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

80% voted on here for him to stay on. There’s obviously 20% oddballs on here LOL

Someone mentioned loi loyalists supported him. Would be surprised if 30% on here regularly go to league of Ireland matches ?

I was pleased to see that result. Obviously the hard core know what's up and we're sticking with Kenny. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:35pm
There has been some speculation as to why Scott Hogan did not make the Ireland squad or seem to feature in Kenny's thinking. Hogan scored the only goal of the game for Birmingham last night, a last minute penalty against Swansea who left Hourihane and Manning on the bench. Hogan only came on as a late sub and the Sky commentator said that was because he has been troubled for some time by a back injury. Maybe that's why he wasn't on Kenny's radar ?
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

There has been some speculation as to why Scott Hogan did not make the Ireland squad or seem to feature in Kenny's thinking. Hogan scored the only goal of the game for Birmingham last night, a last minute penalty against Swansea who left Hourihane and Manning on the bench. Hogan only came on as a late sub and the Sky commentator said that was because he has been troubled for some time by a back injury. Maybe that's why he wasn't on Kenny's radar ?

We picked a few half match fit walking wounded though. His omission was a surprise to me. What other speculation is there around this  ? 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
Having seen WBA today , i take it all back Big Sam in Wink
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:40pm
The problem with the Irish team is that the players are all Irish
So you've decided to read this eh?

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The trick that Jack pulled 30 years ago won’t work now.

Those players he convinced to play for Ireland would have done it partially for financial reasons. 

Players now earn loads and don’t need extra money. Players would rather the time off. 

See Padhraic O’ Bamford 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 03 Apr 2021 at 4:11pm

eireland View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The trick that Jack pulled 30 years ago won’t work now.

Those players he convinced to play for Ireland would have done it partially for financial reasons. 

Players now earn loads and don’t need extra money. Players would rather the time off. 

See Padhraic O’ Bamford 

The time off or the chance to play for their true country England. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 58 minutes ago at 1:07pm

LOI Loyalists and the mainstream media

The username is ironic. 

There are two camps in this civil war. The patient fans who see the need to rebuild the team, and the impatient ones like yourself, who want qualification at any price. 

This is nothing to do with LOI. If there was anyone out there who is willing to rebuild the team and change the way we play, then we should get him in. There isn't though. Anyone else in charge, would rely on the tried and outdated methods of the past 20 years. These days, dinosaur football is only successful against Moldova and Gibraltar. That can't continue, and we need fresh ideas. Yes we're still losing atm, but at least there's some hope of better performances and results playing this way, down the line.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 24 minutes ago at 1:41pm
It's not a case of dinosaur football v Kenny's approach.

Each manager will have his own style etc..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294
  Share Topic