You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Why can’t we go find another Trapp? They’re out there. A country man of his, Spaletti isn’t doing much these days, nor is Prandelli. He’s managed at the top, he’s managed Italy for god sake. Not Dundalk. There’s a hell of a difference. 
Sadly, Prandelli won't be available for anyone for a while, if ever:

Spaletti it is. Donadoni is also free. There’s an ample choice of managers out there. Any future manager doesn’t have to come from the British isles, they could be Italian German or South African. Be creative, find someone with proven ability at the highest level and if they’ve previous international experience. Better yet. 

So now you want us to hire a manager from fictional places too? Who was the last boss of Wakanda? 

I’m really not sure why you’re offended by the term British Isles. It’s a geographical location, it’s also quicker instead typing Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Jersey and so on.  Are you that insecure in your own identity. Come on. I was born in Britain, and raised Irish. And I’m very confident of my identity. Instead of trying to move away from the subject at hand and aiming at me. Let’s concentrate on Stephen Kennys current record in charge of Ireland.
Because it is a geopolitical term that is deliberately used to imply ownership. You know when ignorant English people ask if you are British or are northern or southern Irish? Well this unnecessary anachronism is a big part of the reason why. You are either a WUM or a moron, but my money is on the latter and attempting to be the former.

I will even do a Terri and include a link to Wikipedia, although I hope mine fits on the page. [Insert emoji here]

That doesn’t warrant a reply of any intelligence. ‘Naming dispute’ Awh boy. 
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:57am

Why can’t we go find another Trapp? They’re out there. A country man of his, Spaletti isn’t doing much these days, nor is Prandelli. He’s managed at the top, he’s managed Italy for god sake. Not Dundalk. There’s a hell of a difference. 

Spaletti it is. Donadoni is also free. There’s an ample choice of managers out there. Any future manager doesn’t have to come from the British isles, they could be Italian German or South African. Be creative, find someone with proven ability at the highest level and if they’ve previous international experience. Better yet. 

So now you want us to hire a manager from fictional places too? Who was the last boss of Wakanda? 

I’m really not sure why you’re offended by the term British Isles. It’s a geographical location, it’s also quicker instead typing Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Jersey and so on.  Are you that insecure in your own identity. Come on. I was born in Britain, and raised Irish. And I’m very confident of my identity. Instead of trying to move away from the subject at hand and aiming at me. Let’s concentrate on Stephen Kennys current record in charge of Ireland.
Because it is a geopolitical term that is deliberately used to imply ownership. You know when ignorant English people ask if you are British or are northern or southern Irish? Well this unnecessary anachronism is a big part of the reason why. You are either a WUM or a moron, but my money is on the latter and attempting to be the former.

I will even do a Terri and include a link to Wikipedia, although I hope mine fits on the page. [Insert emoji here]

I think you are correct in your opinion of this poster and in fact, boards.ie village were enquiring as to his whereabouts.

Edited by Sham157 - 02 Apr 2021 at 11:58am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:00pm
oh and PM, Terri did in fact get in first but I deleted it as it stunk of something he was previously warned about doing in the ROI section. It was also a substantially longer post than yours surprisingly.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:02pm

You seem to find British people quite triggering. Or maybe you a WUM or a moron.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:04pm

That doesn’t warrant a reply of any intelligence. ‘Naming dispute’ Awh boy. 
You cannot even spell an interjection correctly and have the gall to talk about intelligence. You are the very worst kind of fool. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

oh and PM, Terri did in fact get in first but I deleted it as it stunk of something he was previously warned about doing in the ROI section. It was also a substantially longer post than yours surprisingly.
How was it on Terri bingo?

Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
LOI Loyalists and the mainstream media are conspiring to keep Kenny in the job, their true motivations are unknown at this point but rest assured folks they will come for you next. "First he dropped Shane Duffy and I said nothing..."

Third or fourth biggest sport in the country LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:06pm
Lots of rather interesting thoughts on Kenny here. 

I want him to stay until the end of the World Cup campaign certainly. Hopefully he continues to blood more young players in that period Kelleher Collins Smallbone Obafemi are the 4 that we haven’t seen yet that would be potentially interesting. One or two more Joel Bagan if he declares etc.

He’s married to his style too which is good he will continue to have us playing that way hopefully. We need to change tack now and come out the dark ages. We ain’t qualifying now so we need to look at the bigger picture.

As someone who is a big fan of Kenny unless our results do improve significantly and we win 3 or 4 and draw one or two of the next 8 games (2 friendlies and 6 qualifiers) he really shouldn’t be kept on for Euro 2024. 

The results so far haven’t been good enough and that 2nd half against Qatar was awful. We deserved to lose against Luxembourg.  Add to that how poor defensively we are theres no dressing it up we have been awful. We leak goals. 

I would like to say a manager who does play a bit of football and it’s not being a hipster is just for the long term Irish soccer needs to look at Luxembourg and Qatar passing us asleep and realise we need to improve at that side of things.

Doesn’t have to be a Pep Guardiola but Allardyce no most certainly not. Even Chris Hughton there’s a danger he’d be quite caveman. 

Chris Wilder would be a class manager to bring in if we can get him. If Kenny can improve the results significantly and get 3 or 4 wins and a draw or two with us improving our shape etc then I’d be happy to see him stay. Unfortunately I don’t think this is working.

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Where ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Where ? 

This is interesting. 
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:38pm
I would keep SK for the rest of the qualifiers.  We know we are not going to Qatar so it becomes a question of what we are seeking to achieve between now and the qualifiers for Euro 24.  Evolving a style of play and bringing through younger players are both worth doing.  I think he has the potential to do that.  However he has to up his game significantly as he has been a disappointing failure so far.  

Adopting a passing game is not of itself an achievement.  I could get them to do that FFS.  I could select a team of young players while I am at it.  We have to expect a lot more than that, including getting the best out of the players,  blending experience with potential, tactical flexibility and better communication.  
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

LOI Loyalists and the mainstream media are conspiring to keep Kenny in the job, their true motivations are unknown at this point but rest assured folks they will come for you next. "First he dropped Shane Duffy and I said nothing..."

The motivation is very simple, LOI folks want to support one of their own, SK is a reflection of their league. There was a similar pattern with Kerr initially, he was lionised by the (Irish only) media. 
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Redknapp what an awful manager
Kenny football genius look at what he has done so far top quality Football 

You can talk about player Development till the cows come home but Kenny is not up to the job unfortunately we have gone backwards in his time in charge and that is saying a lot

Redknapp not brought by me just a name being used on the thread who is 100 times the manager of Senior Kenny, I actually feel bad for him because he has such good intentions but he is doing so so bad

Wexfordman in all honesty do you not see how reductionist the "change the manager" argument is? It's such a knee jerk reaction to any struggling team and completely ignores all other factors.

I agree that Kenny has made a lot of mistakes and results have been horrific but are you completely ignoring the fact that people can learn from mistakes and come good? Calling in a mercenary like Redknapp is ignoring the problem

Having a new manager is not going to make the issues the ireland team have just go away.

Kenny seems to get a pass from 80% of fans on this forum (according to the poll) as it is clear that he is trying to get ireland to play a more technical football and catch up with the rest of the world. It might work it might not.

You can see pretty much all teams playing a more technical brand of football and Luxembourg are an example of that. It would have been unthinkable that they would have scored against Portugal a year ago and last week they were beating them 1-0 up to half time.

Ireland have been left behind in regard to football and Kenny has the difficult task of getting us to catch up.
Meanwhile Luxembourg pass us by. 
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

I would keep SK for the rest of the qualifiers.  We know we are not going to Qatar so it becomes a question of what we are seeking to achieve between now and the qualifiers for Euro 24.  Evolving a style of play and bringing through younger players are both worth doing.  I think he has the potential to do that.  However he has to up his game significantly as he has been a disappointing failure so far.  

Adopting a passing game is not of itself an achievement.  I could get them to do that FFS.  I could select a team of young players while I am at it.  We have to expect a lot more than that, including getting the best out of the players,  blending experience with potential, tactical flexibility and better communication.  

There are definitely a fair few question marks hanging over him. How good a motivator or man manager is he? How good is he as a tactician? What are his game management skills like? Based on the first 11 games, the jury is still very much out on all of them.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Where ? 

This is interesting. 

There’s about 4 pages of thoughts in the last 24 hours. Don’t know what’s Baldricks point they ain’t interesting, they are all full of sh*t, they are calling it as they see it? 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Everyone got on this new politician with no real experience outside his local jurisdiction they celebrated him getting elected he made great promises to the people. He promised more employment and prosperity and a new dynamic country. The country loved this new liberal leader the country had been doing decent but Kenny said it could even better, despite some long term problems. Now in a depression the politician can't deliver his promises. The people know he can't. The people accept hes out of his depth compared to politicians we had in the past who were sterner and straighter. 
But nobody is prepared to accept they were wrong about this politician he was their little messiah who was going to solve all their problems 

Beautiful work man
It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:54pm
The sh*te talk on here over the last few months has been something to behold (mostly by the same few profiles in fairness) 

Too many UK footballs fans who's knowledge of Irish football doesn't go beyond the senior team. Thankfully they'll quieten down for a while when their beloved Premiership returns tomorrow.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

The motivation is very simple, LOI folks want to support one of their own, SK is a reflection of their league. There was a similar pattern with Kerr initially, he was lionised by the (Irish only) media. 

Surely it's 'our' league, no? We're all Irish men (and women). It's the national league.  
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294>
  Share Topic