Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 295>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Allardyce and Redknapp are respected English born managers who would have the ability to coax a few of these lads. If I was an English lad and Stephen Kenny asked me to play for us, I would say who the hell is Stephen Kenny and why would I want to play for him. It's like Jack Charlton was well respected by the English lads and that made it far easier for these lads to jump on board at the time.

1. We don't recruit "English lads" to play for Ireland.
2. As per the rules, every player in our squad is an Irishman.
3. If you want to play for Ireland, it shouldn't matter if Harry Redknapp or Joe Bloggs is in charge. Its about your heart, not your manager.
4. We've lost players to England before Kenny took over. We've lost no players to Southgate since.
5. Kenny has more trophies in his cabinet than Redknapp and Allardyce combined.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sacking Kenny doesn't mean going long ball again.  If possible a manager with experience of high level football who will take over what Kenny started and try and develop the style more.
As I said there is ridiculous amount of moving the goalposts for Kenny.  I myself thought he would do a good job.  I admit I was wrong.  He doesn't have leadership qualities imo, he can't make coherent sentences and stops and says 'I think' and 'you know' over and over.

11 games against poor opposition and no wins and losing to Luxembourg.  That is just abysmal and he deserves criticism. 

I personally think we are descending into a shambles but would give him the summer camp and September games to prove himself. 

From what I have seen we are poorly coached under Kenny.   The once solid defence is now leaking goals.  Our passing has gone backwards since the England game. We get worse as the game goes on. I dont see any last 15 minute assault on the oppositions goal and wave after wave of pressure when we are behind.  There is no urgency.

I haven't written Kenny 100% just yet but he's 90-95% written off in my mind.   I will give him another few games.  I wasn't expecting qualification but I was expecting to take it to the 8th game at least still being in contention for 2nd. 

It's true that the goalposts have shifted for this campaign. This campaign is a short term sacrifice for long term gain. That's why he got the job and that's why he's still in it. Going to the 8th Game like we did in the last campaign, is pointless if you don't qualify anyway. And that's another 2 years of time money and expense wasted. It's got to stop and it has. 

The agricultural tactics that failed to get us to the Euros and the last 5 World Cups are out, and it's now time to do something different. Sorry you can't see it yet, but that's the way it is and is going to be. Some of those so called professional players need to be trained to pass a ball properly on international duty, and now they are. It's refreshing now watching this team rack up at least 200-300 passes per game and possession stats in the 40s and 50%, rather than 20% possession, less than 100 passes per game, and clinging on for dear life at the back. It might ultimately be a different way of losing atm, but it's still progress from where we were. 

The Andorran pub team are not even LOI standard. It's an ideal game for where we are atm. We will beat them, guaranteed. Once we get one win, we can get that monkey off our back, and go from there. It's too late to beat Portugal and Serbia to a place in Qatar, but nothing would anyway. Not even getting another respected washed up brit seeing the job as a stepping stone to his next club gig. Some of them too lazy to even take a training session these days. 

Again. 
Sponsored Links

Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:59pm
we will get a big result in this group I feel (no not Azerbaijan at home!!!), more along the lines of Serbia or Portugal in Dublin and Itll be enough to keep Kenny ticking over to Euro 2024 Qualifers

The mood around these fourms will change with a win against Portugal and Serbia, no doubt about that.

Edited by Landsdowne90 - 02 Apr 2021 at 12:00am
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

we will get a big result in this group I feel (no not Azerbaijan at home!!!), more along the lines of Serbia or Portugal in Dublin and Itll be enough to keep Kenny ticking over to Euro 2024 Qualifers

The mood around these fourms will change with a win against Portugal and Serbia, no doubt about that.

Cool story bro

Do you even lift ??
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

There isn’t a way Kenny stays post November. We will lose in Baku, we will lose twice v Portugal and another loss v Serbia. At worst a draw v Luxembourg away and a possible win v Azerbaijan at home. 

If we win one game this entire qualifying campaign, which is what I expect of us. He’s gone.

Thanks Nostradamus, good input. 

In Ireland we don’t hold back

Sh1te input knobhead 

It was a an attempt at sarcasm. Is this aimed at me or the deluded sh1te that Tiger is spewing?

Aimed at TigerRoll my friend. He is an old poster who has changed his name and come back.

Good to have Serbian fans on here to give us the inside stories on your team.  Thumbs Up

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

I hope this happens. He really needs that one big win. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:02am
Never mind how long will Kenny last, the big question is how long will the lad reincarnated as sushi last? 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

I'm really unsure what manager people want
Can't be anyone old
Can't judge Kenny on results
Cant judge Kenny on style of play because of the players
Cant judge Kenny because of no fans
Anyone else is seemed to be a backwards appointment
I told everyone how good Kenny was going to be but I've swallowed my medicine and accepted i got caught up in the hype other need to do the same
People are hiding behind excuses open up eyes
11 games no wins 

The time for full assessment is at the end of the campaign.  There is a complete rebuild going on and it will take time. It has been slower than expected and the results have been a disaster and performances have been poor at many times.  Far too early to push the button and sack Kenny.  He should get the campaign and if we are behind Lux and Azerbaijan by the he may be in trouble.  

So if we finish bottom of the group behind the mighty Luxembourg he "might" be in trouble? As Trump said, even if he shot someone people would still elect him!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Can't be anyone old
I told everyone how good Kenny was going to be but I've swallowed my medicine and accepted i got caught up in the hype other need to do the same
11 games no wins 

The time for full assessment is at the end of the campaign.  There is a complete rebuild going on and it will take time. It has been slower than expected and the results have been a disaster and performances have been poor at many times.  Far too early to push the button and sack Kenny.  He should get the campaign and if we are behind Lux and Azerbaijan by the he may be in trouble.  

So if we finish bottom of the group behind the mighty Luxembourg he "might" be in trouble? As Trump said, even if he shot someone people would still elect him!

What the hell are you talking about.  
AKA pedantic kunt
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:50am
Everyone got on this new politician with no real experience outside his local jurisdiction they celebrated him getting elected he made great promises to the people. He promised more employment and prosperity and a new dynamic country. The country loved this new liberal leader the country had been doing decent but Kenny said it could even better, despite some long term problems. Now in a depression the politician can't deliver his promises. The people know he can't. The people accept hes out of his depth compared to politicians we had in the past who were sterner and straighter. 
But nobody is prepared to accept they were wrong about this politician he was their little messiah who was going to solve all their problems 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:54am

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Can't be anyone old
11 games no wins 

Hardly surprising you don't get the reference.

What the hell are you talking about.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:01am

Everyone got on this new politician with no real experience outside his local jurisdiction they celebrated him getting elected he made great promises to the people. He promised more employment and prosperity and a new dynamic country. The country loved this new liberal leader the country had been doing decent but Kenny said it could even better, despite some long term problems. Now in a depression the politician can't deliver his promises. The people know he can't. The people accept hes out of his depth compared to politicians we had in the past who were sterner and straighter. 
But nobody is prepared to accept they were wrong about this politician he was their little messiah who was going to solve all their problems 
It is very early for it.LOL
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:06am

This messiah stuff is complete sh1te. I'm from the North and support a team there so none of this LOI allegiance that's constantly been used. Was anyone really expecting him to come on board and completely change Irish football in 6 months? Yes its disappointing the results, but I am willing to give the man an actual training camp and see how he gets on with that and the Sept games at least. There does seem to be a lot of people taking joy in his downfall though..
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Book early to avoid disappointment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:45am
I think it might blow a lot of people's tiny mind if someone who didnt play in England and managed Dundalk actually was a good manager. We cannot possibly let that happen!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that
I love beer gardens
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:47am
Now lets not fight between us as no matter what Kenny does or the results we have got under him 80% of people on here will stand by him until November at the very least  .
So yep i take it on the chin and lay off what i think for harmony on here until a week before the next game .
 Horsebox was right no use bitching until closer to the time one way or the other  Hug

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Why can’t we go find another Trapp? They’re out there. A country man of his, Spaletti isn’t doing much these days, nor is Prandelli. He’s managed at the top, he’s managed Italy for god sake. Not Dundalk. There’s a hell of a difference. 
Sadly, Prandelli won't be available for anyone for a while, if ever:

Spaletti it is. Donadoni is also free. There’s an ample choice of managers out there. Any future manager doesn’t have to come from the British isles, they could be Italian German or South African. Be creative, find someone with proven ability at the highest level and if they’ve previous international experience. Better yet. 

So now you want us to hire a manager from fictional places too? Who was the last boss of Wakanda? 

I’m really not sure why you’re offended by the term British Isles. It’s a geographical location, it’s also quicker instead typing Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Jersey and so on.  Are you that insecure in your own identity. Come on. I was born in Britain, and raised Irish. And I’m very confident of my identity. Instead of trying to move away from the subject at hand and aiming at me. Let’s concentrate on Stephen Kennys current record in charge of Ireland. His results show he’s not good enough, his previous managerial experience proves hes not good enough. Instead a new manager towards the end of November will have to try and pick up the pieces of a terrible era in Irish football in hindsight.

Edited by TigerRoll - 02 Apr 2021 at 11:51am
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:52am

That's a bit unfair on Enda Kenny. 
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think it might blow a lot of people's tiny mind if someone who didnt play in England and managed Dundalk actually was a good manager. We cannot possibly let that happen!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that

He is a good manager, in the LOI. Not the world stage or as his previous records show in Scotland. There’s no shame in that. There’s nothing wrong staying in LOI, if that’s the pinnacle of your ability. Which Kenny is demonstrating is his pinnacle. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:53am

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Why can’t we go find another Trapp? They’re out there. A country man of his, Spaletti isn’t doing much these days, nor is Prandelli. He’s managed at the top, he’s managed Italy for god sake. Not Dundalk. There’s a hell of a difference. 
Sadly, Prandelli won't be available for anyone for a while, if ever:

Spaletti it is. Donadoni is also free. There’s an ample choice of managers out there. Any future manager doesn’t have to come from the British isles, they could be Italian German or South African. Be creative, find someone with proven ability at the highest level and if they’ve previous international experience. Better yet. 

So now you want us to hire a manager from fictional places too? Who was the last boss of Wakanda? 

I’m really not sure why you’re offended by the term British Isles. It’s a geographical location, it’s also quicker instead typing Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Jersey and so on.  Are you that insecure in your own identity. Come on. I was born in Britain, and raised Irish. And I’m very confident of my identity. Instead of trying to move away from the subject at hand and aiming at me. Let’s concentrate on Stephen Kennys current record in charge of Ireland.
Because it is a geopolitical term that is deliberately used to imply ownership. You know when ignorant English people ask if you are British or are northern or southern Irish? Well this unnecessary anachronism is a big part of the reason why. You are either a WUM or a moron, but my money is on the latter and attempting to be the former.

I will even do a Terri and include a link to Wikipedia, although I hope mine fits on the page. [Insert emoji here]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 295>
  Share Topic