You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 241>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 3:42pm
Kenny has qualified for a European club competition and has won leagues and cups.
That makes him more of a winner than the majority of our current squad of nobodies.
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Stan didn't get a full campaign - do you view that as an error in that case?

Doubtful as it was clear that he was out of his depth. Ditto for Lenny.

Lenny will drop points to Luxembourg, they are great bet to get a result of some form against us as are Azerbaijan.

After dropping the management codenames, here's my attempt to set the record straight. 

Staunton got at least 18 games in charge over 20 months. Kenny has got 8 games in 2 months. 

Staunton got one qualifying campaign. Kenny has had 0.

Kenny has had a squad decimated by a pandemic. Staunton had no such worries. 

Kenny has won multiple titles in his career. Staunton had, and has won 0. 

Pearson took Leicester to the cliff edge. 5 years later, he took Watford to the cliff edge. So that's a no. 

Jack was 5 minutes from his P45, as the decision to give it to him was already made. Then Scotland scored in Sofia. 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Stan didn't get a full campaign - do you view that as an error in that case?

Doubtful as it was clear that he was out of his depth. Ditto for Lenny.

Lenny will drop points to Luxembourg, they are great bet to get a result of some form against us as are Azerbaijan.

After dropping the management codenames, here's my attempt to set the record straight. 

Staunton got at least 18 games in charge over 20 months. Kenny has got 8 games in 2 months. 
 Stan got about 7 competitive games, ditto for Lenny
Staunton got one qualifying campaign. Kenny has had 0.

Kenny has had a play off and a full Nations League. (
Kenny has had a squad decimated by a pandemic. Staunton had no such worries. 
 Who hasn't? Slovakia were even more decimated. Not an excuse.
Kenny has won multiple titles in his career. Staunton had, and has won 0. 
Carl Darlington has won numerous LOW titles. Unfortunately for Carl, LOW is not considered top level and it counts for zilch in the professional game.

Pearson took Leicester to the cliff edge. 5 years later, he took Watford to the cliff edge. So that's a no. 
Pearson took them to EPL, and signed the majority of the squad that won the title. To not recognise his job at LC is daft.
Jack was 5 minutes from his P45, as the decision to give it to him was already made. Then Scotland scored in Sofia. 
No, he wasn't. The 1988 campaign was a considerable improvement on the 86 campaign and he would likely have had the job for 90 regardless.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Point out the lost there I defamed him or withdraw the remark 

Point out the lost there? Withdraw your scurrilous Alan Kelly comments. He did nothing wrong, he's a decent bloke.  
Met him have you?

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:00pm

Pearson took them to EPL, and signed the majority of the squad that won the title. To not recognise his job at LC is daft. 
No, he wasn't. The 1988 campaign was a considerable improvement on the 86 campaign and he would likely have had the job for 90 regardless.

He was about to get the high jump, as his style of play was the issue. Then Scotland scored. 

Pearson almost got both clubs relegated. Not someone we should be looking to replace Kenny. 

When we're comparing Staunton to Kenny, everything is up for debate. Staunton had 11 competitive qualifying games. Kenny has had 1. The NL was and is used by most countries to experiment with new players tactics and formations, ahead of the next qualifying campaign. Germany lost their last NL game 6-0. Low remains in charge and he'll still be taking them to Qatar.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

He was about to get the high jump, as his style of play was the issue. Then Scotland scored. 

Pearson almost got both clubs relegated. Not someone we should be looking to replace Kenny. 

When we're comparing Staunton to Kenny, everything is up for debate. Staunton had 11 competitive qualifying games. Kenny has had 1. The NL was and is used by most countries to experiment with new players tactics and formations, ahead of the next qualifying campaign. Germany lost their last NL game 6-0. Low remains in charge and he'll still be taking them to Qatar.

Jack was not in danger until 95 when the wheels were coming off.

WALES ARE IN PLAY OFFS BECAUSE OF THE NATIONS LEAGUE! Had the NL had gone well, the Kenny fanboys would have been citing it. MONROY were sacked off the back of the NL.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

and this lad claims he is a fan of the LOI despite having an English club as his username on an Irish site and constant not running down the league. Who are you kidding.  

Oh well thanks very much!! Tongue

LOL
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket.Hell, give him somebody to look down on,and he'll empty his pockets for you
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm
"Kenny fanboys" Clown

avfc grow up ffs Embarrassed
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket.Hell, give him somebody to look down on,and he'll empty his pockets for you
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

"Kenny fanboys" Clown

avfc grow up ffs Embarrassed

Men recognize men... as men.

Yours,

The Nigel Pearson Fanmen
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:40pm
It has widely been reported that Jack was getting sacked in 1987 until Scotland did us a favour. Actually listened to a podcast earlier where this was mentioned. Eoin Hand even said he got asked to take over again.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It has widely been reported that Jack was getting sacked in 1987 until Scotland did us a favour. Actually listened to a podcast earlier where this was mentioned. Eoin Hand even said he got asked to take over again.
What was the podcast? 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What was the podcast? 
Vincera. Italia 90 podcast that Dinny Irwin recommended. Episode about Ireland v Romania.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:00pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What was the podcast? 
Vincera. Italia 90 podcast that Dinny Irwin recommended. Episode about Ireland v Romania.
Ah right, have been meaning to give this a go.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:03pm

I burnt the ears off Eoin Hand at the afters of a funeral the Summer before last. Wish I could remember more of what we discussed but I ended up gargled so it’s all a bit hazy. I can recall that he was a Gent. He politely introduced himself to our group and was good company. 
El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I burnt the ears off Eoin Hand at the afters of a funeral the Summer before last. Wish I could remember more of what we discussed but I ended up gargled so it’s all a bit hazy. I can recall that he was a Gent. He politely introduced himself to our group and was good company. 

He was before my time but always liked his media work, great insight onto irish football. 
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:12pm

I heard or read that somewhere too. Something about the way we played wasn’t liked by a few in the fai ! 

I never regarded us as lucky to get to euro 88

Ridiculous Sacking him considering we had beaten Bulgaria 2-0 at home and where the best team in the group . Robbed by a bad ref in Bulgaria to lose the only match qualifying.  Only low-ish point was probably the 2-1 win v Luxembourg at home . We even beat Brazil when we put on the Irish green in 87 As the song went 

Considering the way we played in the campaign before it was far superior. Hard to believe Hand would have been given the job again even as a temp measure But who knows what the Fai would think up 

Edited by Rodneytrotter - 22 Jan 2021 at 10:14pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Did you read his book First Hand?

Think the working title was Jan Ceulemans is a horrible cheating coont but the publisher couldn't go with that.

It's worth a read Thumbs Up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Have either of the intellects Claret Murph or AVFC suggested who Kenny should be replaced with?
How many times do i have to say it to you

Roddy ..........................

Ah but Murph, your attempt at humour is your attempt at deflecting. 

Answer the question. 
Mc , look whoever i say Pip just wants to pick holes as that's his style so Roddy is as fun as i can get .

Now before everyone starts taking about money , backroom staff and who will pay for this as the FAI are broke .

I would say Nigel Pearson ( who i dislike i must say ) , he did ever so well at Watford last year and turned around a side that were doomed and gave them hope , he got results and was close to getting out of the drop only for the owners to do what they always do and sack him .

I think he would get us playing again and set his stall out and most of all give us hope something that Kenny will never be able to do i think .

Happy now , so i will sit back and wait for the bile from my choice .

What tripe am I reading Confused

Go get your bedsheet Pip Wacko

OK.

What will be your reaction if the FAI get in someone you deem as equally incompetent and you can’t get your holiday to Qatar of Germany on the piss with that manager with?

The days of snapping up big name has beens on wages to rival the premier league and the highest paid international managers is over baby. 

One point i want very much to put to bed is that i don't drink anymore ( doctors orders ) so fanta or still water but i would still like to see Ireland go to the World Cup Finals  would you ?

I have zero interest in seeing the weakest Irish team in living memory get to a finals to play dinosaur football and return the results of Euro 2012.

It’s been evident for a number of years that we need to forget about immediate results and draft a medium term plan - we now possibly will do that with no Delaney in the background protecting number 1. Forget Qatar. A complete overhaul of the old folks and style of play in the team was and is needed after Mick and that is happening. 

Your repetition is tiresome. We finally have something to latch on to for the first time in years. Hopefully the days of wishing you were back in the pub when watching rubbish in the likes of Tbilisi are behind us. Maybe this year won’t be any better than Micks sorry reign in 2019 but at least we won’t be forkimg out €3m for the pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 241>
  Share Topic