You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 735>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:32am
So when did Kenny get the sack? Haven't seen anything on the news!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:35am
The new fai board of claret grump, Mr Pr$ck and Doug Ellis sacked him last September 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

The day he was appointed by the looks of it.

Edited by horsebox - 21 Jan 2021 at 11:36am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The day he was appointed by the looks of it.

But the good news is we are getting Nigel Pearson in and will start scoring loads and winning games.
Qualifying for the World Cup will be easy.

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The new fai board of claret grump, Mr Pr$ck and Doug Ellis sacked him last September 

How badly does the WCQ have to be before you'd advocate the inevitable dumping of Kenny?

Hypothetically, if we did sack Kenny now, who would come in for him? No one in the top 3 tiers of English football would even consider interviewing him, that is precisely why he is the wrong man for the job.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:54am
Qatar world cup has been an excuse of a world cup since they were awarded it. Personally, if it didn't happen at all it wouldn't bother me. So aiming to have a settled, combative team going in to the EURO 2024 campaign would be what I'd want to see. If we can get improved performances, a few goals and a win or two against similar or higher ranked teams in our WCQ group then I'd be happy with that. 

The players we have available are either coming to the end of their careers or only starting. The timing for Kenny has been terrible player-wise so he should get the time. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

How badly does the WCQ have to be before you'd advocate the inevitable dumping of Kenny?

Hypothetically, if we did sack Kenny now, who would come in for him? No one in the top 3 tiers of English football would even consider interviewing him, that is precisely why he is the wrong man for the job.

I think if we finish 4th then he definitely goes.  If we finish 3rd in a very tight battle with serbia I think there is an argument for
Keeping him on and if we finish in the top 2 he definitely gets to stay on.  
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:57am

Qatar world cup has been an excuse of a world cup since they were awarded it. Personally, if it didn't happen at all it wouldn't bother me. So aiming to have a settled, combative team going in to the EURO 2024 campaign would be what I'd want to see. If we can get improved performances, a few goals and a win or two against similar or higher ranked teams in our WCQ group then I'd be happy with that. 

The players we have available are either coming to the end of their careers or only starting. The timing for Kenny has been terrible player-wise so he should get the time. 

Giving Kenny 4 years? Do you actually watch Ireland games?

Watch them with the volume muted next time to drown out Richie Sadliers BS.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:59am

I think if we finish 4th then he definitely goes.  If we finish 3rd in a very tight battle with serbia I think there is an argument for
Keeping him on and if we finish in the top 2 he definitely gets to stay on.  

I actually agree with that.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:00pm
I certainly watched enough games under O'Neill and McCarthy and while some of the best away days came during O'Neill's reign it wasn't always pretty, Euro 2016 aside.

How many of the players from that campaign are available now or under 30 years of age?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:04pm

I watched Ireland's one proper game since he took over and was very impressed. Even though I had little interest in watching it, or the bizarre competition it was in qualifying for, I found myself genuinely gutted at full-time. I wouldn't be too concerned about the friendlies, glorified or otherwise.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I watched Ireland's one proper game since he took over and was very impressed. Even though I had little interest in watching it, or the bizarre competition it was in qualifying for, I found myself genuinely gutted at full-time. I wouldn't be too concerned about the friendlies, glorified or otherwise.

TO REITERATE, THE RECENT NL WAS A MEANS TO A WC PLAY OFF PLACE. WALES WILL BE IN PLAY OFFS AS THEY WON THE 'GLORIFIED' FRIENDLY GROUP WE WERE IN.

Our performance against a Slovak B team has been somewhat overstated on here. They were there for the taking and we didn't win what was a very winnable game.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:11pm
It’s a project and we can’t afford anyone else. Bed in, because Kenny is probably going to be here for a while unless something ridiculous happens
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

It’s a project and we can’t afford anyone else. Bed in, because Kenny is probably going to be here for a while unless something ridiculous happens

Lose in Belgrade, fail to beat Luxembourg and get tanked in Portugal and he's gone.

Covid has altered what salaries Football League managers can expect to get.

Our best ever manager was a proven Football League manager - this is the type of CV we should be looking to get.

Pay off Kenny and 500k will get you a very decent proven football league manager.

Exploiting the Granny rule to its fullest extent is absolutely key to this gig.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

TO REITERATE, THE RECENT NL WAS A MEANS TO A WC PLAY OFF PLACE. WALES WILL BE IN PLAY OFFS AS THEY WON THE 'GLORIFIED' FRIENDLY GROUP WE WERE IN.

Our performance against a Slovak B team has been somewhat overstated on here. They were there for the taking and we didn't win what was a very winnable game.

Tell that to the players and not just the Irish ones, but the Finnish and Welsh too. They clearly didn't want to be playing in a competition that hasn't decided what it wants to be in the middle of a pandemic. Wales may well take the play-off seriously, but they weren't trying a leg against us and neither were we. It was at a level below most friendly games, which should surely have shown UEFA it was a mistake, not that they care.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:24pm

Lose in Belgrade, fail to beat Luxembourg and get tanked in Portugal and he's gone.

Our best ever manager was a proven Football League manager - this is the type of CV we should be looking to get.

Pay off Kenny and 500k will get you a very decent proven football league manager.

There's a slight problem there! It may have escaped your attention, but we can't afford to pay him off and, if we did, the next manager would be on a fraction of that.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:29pm
He's not on Trap/MON money, we can. But why is a manager from an amateur league on 500k? Madness.

Covid has changed salary expectations.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:35pm

Are you aware of the FAI finances?

You are the biggest bore on this forum at the moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 735>
  Share Topic