It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 735>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

So Lennon in the star is going after him big time now! I wonder did Coleman tell him he was treated disgracefully?

Seems unlikely that Coleman said anything to him.  There is a cohort of mick loyalists who are in the media and some are on he fai payroll who seems are still harking for Mick and maybe wanted his assistant get the job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:48pm
I really worry about the games in March too much talk going on snips here and there from too many outside of the circle . I really think ( even thou i know jack $hit ) that there is disagreement within the camp and to be honest this will only end one way sooner than most think . 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:54pm

I really worry about the games in March too much talk going on snips here and there from too many outside of the circle . I really think ( even thou i know jack $hit ) that there is disagreement within the camp and to be honest this will only end one way sooner than most think . 

But your solution seems to be to blame the victim rather than the culprits 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Jan 2021 at 1:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:03pm

Baldie all is not well i think we can all see this . 
Look i would expect next to nothing to report when we are between games ( 4 months ) on the international front but this just keeps newspapers going story after story . 
What really is going on behind closed doors with so many stories coming out , this has to hit the players and the squad , i think most of us on here who have been around a long time know things are not right .

I really worry that we could be beaten with Serbia and Lux , and yes beaten at home with fecking Lux .AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:12pm
More on this - Dan McDonnell this time.

The FAI have to act and get rid of Special CharactersXXXXX ASAP. Keane needs to go as well - hopefully some club side will come in for him and all of a sudden the FAI can cash in 

Edited by The GerK - 17 Jan 2021 at 12:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:14pm
Murph all is not right because those who wanted Mick to stay on are doing their best to make Kenny’s job almost impossible are briefing against him and have their messengers in the media.  

You seem to think we need to blame Kenny for this rather than those behind the back stabbing 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

So Lennon in the star is going after him big time now! I wonder did Coleman tell him he was treated disgracefully?
Coleman did quite the opposite. He knew he wasn’t starting but told Kenny he still wanted to do the press conference as captain. The star had it into today’s paper. Pure crap from Lennon writing rubbish like that and then the paper addressing it in a small side column. Any football journalist in Ireland worth reading have been supportive of Kenny so far.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm

Look i would expect next to nothing to report when we are between games ( 4 months ) on the international front but this just keeps newspapers going story after story . 
What really is going on behind closed doors with so many stories coming out , this has to hit the players and the squad , i think most of us on here who have been around a long time know things are not right .

I really worry that we could be beaten with Serbia and Lux , and yes beaten at home with fecking Lux .AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

i doubt the players and squad think very much about the national team at the moment and certainly not about minor coaching / admin staff think - theyd be more concerned about where they for at their club, club form, their contracts etc.

Come the start of March it will be in their minds.
SeanyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:17pm

These stories are coming out because someone within the FAI is peddling these stores to his journo mates. I would be on the fence regarding SK, if he left in the morning it wouldn’t upset me, but this blatant attempt to underline SK at every opportunity is really unfair and putting me in SK’s corner. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:18pm

... The star had it into today’s paper. Pure crap from Lennon writing rubbish like that and then the paper addressing it in a small side column. Any football journalist in Ireland worth reading have been supportive of Kenny so far.

It's so low to print a piece of crap one day and a retraction the next.  Once a story is out, there's no getting it back in the minds of some.
It's a cowardly act and the perpetrators should be pilloried for it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
if Kenny picked up a 5 iron and a putter he would get more support it seems.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:23pm

... The star had it into today’s paper. Pure crap from Lennon writing rubbish like that and then the paper addressing it in a small side column. Any football journalist in Ireland worth reading have been supportive of Kenny so far.

It's so low to print a piece of crap one day and a retraction the next.  Once a story is out, there's no getting it back in the minds of some.
It's a cowardly act and the perpetrators should be pilloried for it.

Absolutely. Especially about Coleman too I would be very surprised if the man has even spoken out about a manager before. Coleman was included in the investigation surrounding the video and backed Kenny also. Very poor by Lennon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm
Murph what is obvious is that you gave Jd more room than you have given Kenny.  Many of your posts on JD over the last 10 trees were conciliatory etc whereas you could wait to judge Kenny.   

In the cold light of day is that not pretty messed up.  Whatever can be said about Kenny he is a decent person with football in his blood who does not deserve a hatchet job and deserves a campaign to show us what he has at this level. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:01pm
Talk in Cambridge is that David Forde will be his new GK coach. I'm not sure what sort of videos he likes...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:18pm
Really hope Kenny comprehensively beats Luxembourg and draws out in Belgrade. Just to stop all the sh*te talk if nothing else 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm
Paul Lennon should be ashamed of himself. Didn’t even have the cop on to try verify the story given to him. Would he not have known someone who had Coleman’s number?

Gutter journalism. 

I think most of the public can see what’s happening here.

Tbf the players seem to be behind Kenny (nothing leaking out to the contrary - with the amount of leaks, I’d expect to be hearing if it wasn’t the case). But there’s a serious hatchet job going on by some in fai. The new CEO needs to earn his money now and try find the leaks of these stories and get rid of them pronto. 

The FAI will never move on with those involved doing hatchet jobs like this and stirring it. 

Whether you like Kenny or not, this is just wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:40pm

Paul Lennon should be ashamed of himself. Didn’t even have the cop on to try verify the story given to him. Would he not have known someone who had Coleman’s number?

Gutter journalism. 

I think most of the public can see what’s happening here.

Tbf the players seem to be behind Kenny (nothing leaking out to the contrary - with the amount of leaks, I’d expect to be hearing if it wasn’t the case). But there’s a serious hatchet job going on by some in fai. The new CEO needs to earn his money now and try find the leaks of these stories and get rid of them pronto. 

The FAI will never move on with those involved doing hatchet jobs like this and stirring it. 

Whether you like Kenny or not, this is just wrong.
Of course he would but that wouldn’t have suited his or his buddies agenda.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm

Talk in Cambridge is that David Forde will be his new GK coach. I'm not sure what sort of videos he likes...

Once they aren't ones of him demonstrating kickouts and distribution.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 735>