You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post Nations League poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
135 [79.41%]
35 [20.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stephen Kenny post Nations League poll
    Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:36pm
Straight yes or no question - should we stick or twist before the Euro 2024 qualification groups start?
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:37pm
Im gonna have to think about it now after that....
I love beer gardens
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:44pm
Don't think we are going anywhere under him. I don't think we have a hope in qualifying for the Euros under his reign IMO.
The only way is up
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:45pm
Yes, purely for the fact that there’s no preferable candidate to replace him. If we don’t qualify for the Euros then it’ll be time to move him on.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:45pm

I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics that Kenny fanboys will perform

So....Armenia are actually a decent side

Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:47pm
Time for Stephen to start packing his bags.  We are conceding far too many soft goals.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:48pm
Stay obviously.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:49pm
Stay

Honeymoon period over though

Time for results 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:50pm
Are there any good alternatives? 

He's done great bringing through all these players but a new man could take us to the next level as we are not going to finish close to any pot 1 or 2 teams even if we are blessed with a lucky draw. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:53pm
Twist. No confidence we will qualify for the Euros under him.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:55pm
Stay but no fall back from now on. He gets the Euros campaign and we need to perform, he has been given 3 years to transition the team now

It was two mins of madness that nearly caught us tonight, can't blame Kenny for Hourihane's mistake (can blame him for picking him but midfield options are bare with the u21s having a big game)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics that Kenny fanboys will perform

So....Armenia are actually a decent side

Likewise from the anti Kenny brigade, I thought a win was a win no matter how you perform?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Stay but no fall back from now on. He gets the Euros campaign and we need to perform, he has been given 3 years to transition the team now

It was two mins of madness that nearly caught us tonight, can't blame Kenny for Hourihane's mistake (can blame him for picking him but midfield options are bare with the u21s having a big game)

2 years in the job. 
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:58pm
My honest view is I just can't see us getting to Euro 2024 with him in charge. We'll have a couple of good results, but we'll throw away points that better managers wouldn't allow us to, have a few "unlucky" games and will be well out of it by the end. He just hasn't got it at this level, nearly every decision he made tonight looked like a man out of his depth.

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Are there any good alternatives? 

He's done great bringing through all these players but a new man could take us to the next level as we are not going to finish close to any pot 1 or 2 teams even if we are blessed with a lucky draw. 

I think that's a question for another day. Nonsense suggestions will be put forward as usual by those with obvious motives for doing so, but there will be sensible options too. I don't think the identity of the next manager should factor into any decision on the current one.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:58pm
Was a fan but in the out camp now 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

2 years in the job. 

Appointed April 2020 so he will have had 3 years prior to Euros campaign kicking off was point I was trying to make
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

2 years in the job. 

Appointed April 2020 so he will have had 3 years prior to Euros campaign kicking off was point I was trying to make

His first game was September 2020
And we are now 2022 so he has been 2 years managing Ireland. 

Y

AKA pedantic kunt
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:04pm
Yes to him staying, but I have no real confidence for the Euros. We're too brittle and inconsistent - we seem to be a Jekyll and Hyde team and nobody knows which one will show up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic