Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 5:24pm
Is Hunt retired or what's the story? Seems to be heavily involved in with his bar now so must be living back home?
Might sign with a LOI team if he can't find anything in England.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 5:36pm
Was on trial with Rotherham last week, doesn't seem to have won a contract.
We're decent enough..
teevo View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 5:45pm
When Hunt refers to Saudi Arabia and Iran he's obviously referring to an easy play off and an easy group opponent in world cup 2002. What he fails to mention is that that group of players went unbeaten in qualifying in a group which contained Portugal and Holland. That class of 01'02 rightly to be regarded as heroes. Hunt seemed bit bitter alright. Not a great article. A bit too personal.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 5:46pm
Leon Best and Stephan Kelly both got contracts but Hunt Missed out. They played a behind closed doors friendly last week against Ipswich 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Is Hunt retired or what's the story? Seems to be heavily involved in with his bar now so must be living back home?
Might sign with a LOI team if he can't find anything in England.
As far as I've heard he`s still interested in playing. I'm surprised the likes of Cork City haven't offered him something. I know he was training with Wexford Youths to keep up his fitness but I cant see them even being able to offer a 40 week fulltime deal to him.
it must be close to 18 months+ to this stage since he had regular-ish game time. You`d think he`d realise lower/non league/LOI is where he`s at.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:55pm
Never like him since he tried to chat up my wife in coppers 👎🏼
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He's mad and scruffy but I admire him for what he did to Stephen NotFromIreland.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:56pm
He always did over perform for Ireland considering he didn't have a fantastic club career, a great Impact player, miss him and Sledge Immensely. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

He's mad and scruffy but I admire him for what he did to Stephen NotFromIreland.

What did he do to young Stephen ??
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Did nothing, rumour was a bit of horseplay led to him ruffling Stephen's hair and loosening his hairpiece which was why he left the team after the Slovakia game. Hunt has denied it ever happened.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Did nothing, rumour was a bit of horseplay led to him ruffling Stephen's hair and loosening his hairpiece which was why he left the team after the Slovakia game. Hunt has denied it ever happened.

I wouldn't believe either of them to tell the truth
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:11pm
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:09pm
Stephen Hunt is a striker?!?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 7:40am
SH has joined Coventry in a short term deal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:24am

Stephen Hunt: The Irish football team belongs to ... - Irish Independent
www.independent.ie/.../stephen-hunt-the-irish-football-team-belongs-to-the- whole-country-not-just-dublin-34430043.html
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 2:43pm
"something which will be appreciated not only in Cork, but in Tipperary, Waterford, Galway, Donegal and other places which have provided players for the squad."

whilst he mentions Donegal, he fails to mention any of the other Ulster counties which are unfortunately still under British control. not really a big deal or anything but nice to see a good partitionist attitude as per usual.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 7:22pm
Stephen Hunts one of the pundits on Off the Ball saying that  David McGoldrick is the most comfortable Irish player on the ball in the squad including Wes.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 11:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic