FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedstephen bradley &that w**ker ollie cahill sign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Topic: stephen bradley &that w**ker ollie cahill sign
    Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:04am
for Shamrock Rovers today signed Stephen Bradley and Oliie Cahill, while Simon Madden has agreed to extend his stay at the club.

With the Hoops' imminent move to Tallaght, new boss Michael O'Neill has decided to strengthen his squad ahead of the Hoops' debut season in their new home.

Says O'Neill: "While we have some very good players at Rovers, the squad is slightly young in certain areas – the arrival of Ollie Cahill will be of great benefit to the players."

Cahill, who has enjoyed a glittering career, has been a great success at Cork City, Shelbourne and Drogheda United and won a variety of major honours, including three league titles.

"As well as having a lot of experience, Ollie also knows what's required to be winner," says O'Neill. "And he's also a versatile, left-sided player. He's a great signing."

Stephen Bradley comes to Rovers following last year's frustrating move to Scottish club Falkirk from Drogheda United – where he starred alongside Ollie Cahill.

"Stephen comes to Rovers after what was a difficult period for him," says Michael O'Neill. "I knew him from Falkirk and, without question, he is a quality player.

"He was a success at Drogheda, he's a Tallaght native, so he was keen to come and we wanted him. It's a great opportunity to kick-start his career and we're delighted to have him here."
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:53am
Just about to post that.
Things going nicely
On another note, condolences to Simom Madden, his brothers Glen and Paul following the sudden their of their father last Monday night. RIP
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 12:47pm
Sad news alright RIP. Madden defo impressed me in the few games I saw him in last season. Cahill certainly is decent signing, havent seen much of Bradley.
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 1:52pm

Chug Chug Chugging along nicely. All doom and gloom at the other clubs whilst Rovers quietly going about business.

Sad loss for the Madden lads.RIP
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 4:05pm
Ye Simon was very good for Rovers when he came on board
Billybob will also back me up here when I say that I haven't played with many better players than his brother Glenn, quality
Too fond of the good life though
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic