FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStan exit likely on Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stan exit likely on Tuesday
    Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:28am

Stan looks likely to be put out of his misery on Tuesday, according to this link.

Its like Christmas come early!

I think i speak for all of us when I say i'm geinunely sorry that it didnt work out for him, but Stan has taken us backwards so it has to be done.  
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
Sponsored Links

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:37am
Also feel sorry for him that it didnt work out but the fact of the matter is he shouldnt have been given the opportunity in the first place. Also, I agree with count on this, that if he wasnt being pushed out, he'd still be here for another 2 years and given the shockin present state of our senior side, his stubborness to step down angers me.
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:46am

Totally agree with you mate. I'd be livid if he insisted on seeing out his contract and dragging us down further just to prove a point.

I wasnt impressed at all when they appointed him but i suppose the logic behind it was that appointing a recently retired player worked well for Germany, Holland and even Wales. Just a shame it didnt work for us. I just hope the FAI have learnt a lesson from this sorry episode. 
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 8:29am
Agreed on both counts. Wouldn't it be good for a change IF they had their meeting and Stan RESIGNED. Thereby over time healing the bad feeling with the fans. If he has to be sacked most fans will probably hold a grudge against him forever. I doubt Staunton is shy of a few quid and he gets paid well as it is. Resign with dignity.
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 9:45am
I think Stan WANTS to go and he has done for a while but he'd be mad to resign as the Fai wouldn't have to pay him off.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Percy Percy wrote:

I think Stan WANTS to go and he has done for a while but he'd be mad to resign as the Fai wouldn't have to pay him off.

That's my point Percy, he should just accept he was brutal and resign and get nothing.

It's not the FAI'S money it's our money. There are three sources of revenue, fans, sponsors and tv. But the other two are wholly reliant on the fans and a decent team. So Stan can get his two year pay-off (as he is entitled too) and piss-off..take the money and he can close the door on his way out of Ireland.

Edited by L.Y.A. - 21 Oct 2007 at 10:08am
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 4:15pm

The only way Stan can go with his head held high is if he waves goodbye to any pay-off. He dosnt need the cash and he dosnt deserve it !! But then again does J.D deserve his wages cause he's the muppet that put him there.

Dont take any cash Stan just give Delaney a couple of hooks on the way out for turning you from a well respected footballer to the nations laughing stock.You'll feel much better for it!!!
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 4:21pm
Hopefully, people will remember Stan for the service he gave to Ireland as a model professional in his playing days, and not as a manager who could not cut it.

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 5:31pm
Nah, he'll be remembered more for epic displays in charge Vs. cyprus, San Marino,....well he will be by me!
Oh and Row Z never got hit by anyone whilst he was manager
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 5:38pm
The one and only good night he had was Aarhus in august and in fairness Id say he was as shocked as the rest of us that nite to win 4-0. Great nite all the same.Fans were in great voice.
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 5:49pm
the 3-0 win against sweden was a good night as well, however it was only a friendly....really clutchin at straws
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:06pm
Time will heal us all, even me cos I'd gotten so p*ssed off with his blundering inefficiency.  As usual with the Irish we'll probably look back at it all and laugh.   Cos you'd cry otherwise and there's been enough crying in the egg chasing, give it a rest lads.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:50pm
i'll look back at this as a missed opportunity to head over and run a muck watchin the boys in the euros. ive a bad feelin that the first time i get to witness our lads in a major tournament i'll have grey hair and about 4 kids....not to mention a nagging missus - this is why im appealing to the fai to appoint a decent manager so i can go to world cup while im a young fella!!

Edited by Honey Monster - 21 Oct 2007 at 6:50pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 3:09am
lads even if we got maurinho i wouldtn expect us to qualify for the next tournament as there is only one automatic place in each group. i just want us to start punching our weight again , hell maybe even a bit above our weight.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic